Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
mart Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
I tried posting an ad on Alaska List today but their posting form to describe the item doesn't come up. I tried emailing but as is standard for them they do not return emails. Anyone know what's up with posting ads there? Are they pushing an update?

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
GB1

M
mart Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
For what it's worth I was going to offer some primers to trade. I am offering 1000 CCI 550, 1000 CCI 350, 1000 CCI 450 and 1000 Winchester WLRM for 4000 standard small pistol. I prefer CCI 500's but would take just about any brand.

O
OAM Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
I posted a rifle on Alaska list for sale. That part was easy. It sold in roughly two weeks. I deleted the ad. Two days later they asked me to renew the ad through email. Then I started getting texts about renewing it. I would get texts from them at all hours for three months. Their customer service was terrible and I won't sell on there ever again.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The guy that runs Alaska list is a first class douche bag. That has been well-established.

Eat moose, burn spruce
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Agreed. And it's a shame, because it could have been a great site. I blocked the number so I wouldn't get his texts.

IC B2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I paid for a premium ad a while back, went to update it to change the price, and it said editing disabled. This was 2 days into a 14 day ad. They’ve yet to answer any of the countless texts/emails I’ve sent the only “contact us” methods they provide.

I do still get texts and emails from them every day, multiple times a day, about ads that have expired.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Dealing with Alaska's List is some thing I try to avoid. If I do that I cuss less and etc. It's like hey, who is minding the store?

M
mart Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by mart
For what it's worth I was going to offer some primers to trade. I am offering 1000 CCI 550, 1000 CCI 350, 1000 CCI 450 and 1000 Winchester WLRM for 4000 standard small pistol. I prefer CCI 500's but would take just about any brand.

Thanks to 79S I now only have 3000 to trade. He took my CCI 550s. Another 24HCF good guy.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Pittu
The guy that runs Alaska list is a first class douche bag. That has been well-established.

Is he from Chehalis Wa? Seems there are not just a few asshats from that local......😉

"You've been here longer than the State of Alaska is old!"
*** my Grandaughters

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by bearhuntr

Is he from Chehalis Wa? Seems there are not just a few asshats from that local......😉

🤣🤣🤣

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member

Just found out yesterday what you said is an understatement!

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Seems like this type of classifieds are fringe operations. Ours in Phx got shut down for selling sex. I imagine the prosecutorial threshold is a bit, uh, higher in AK smile

Alaskalist makes Craigslist look legit ...

I do not entertain hypotheticals. The world itself is vexing enough. -- Col. Stonehill
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I recently paid for a featured ad on there and ultimately sold the gun somewhere else. The ad expired over a month ago. I’ve been getting emails and texts from them every day about this ad. Today I figured I’d click the link to see what’s going on and if I could just delete it (even though it’s expired and no longer active), and now these clowns want you to pay them to delete the ad. The information says you agree to update emails/texts and that they’re just doing their part to make sure you know it requires attention!

Paying to DELETE the ad, now! Amazing...

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I have contacted them for the ad link which has the delete option

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I sold a few things on there recently. And yes, when you posted the Ad there was a link to delete the ad when it was sold, or expired. Just go in and do it yourself and there's no cost, and no more snotty emails.
I would delete my ad even if this wasn't the case, just to stop the texts or calls asking if the idem was still available.

"243/85TSX It's as if the HAMMER OF THOR were wielded by CHUCK NORRIS himself, and a roundhouse kick thrown in for good measure."
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Several months ago I attempted to post an add for a rifle, then after seeing what they wanted to charge, I decided against it, so my add never got posted. Well, ever since then, I've been getting emails from them to pay for my add. I've gone in to try and delete it, (kind of strange to have to delete an add that never was posted in the first place), but they won't let me delete it because I never paid for it to begin with. WTF! I should have never even considered posting there in the first place, lesson learned. I guess I'll just continue to delete their request for payments that show up in my inbox every three to five days now.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AK_Troutbum
Several months ago I attempted to post an add for a rifle, then after seeing what they wanted to charge, I decided against it, so my add never got posted. Well, ever since then, I've been getting emails from them to pay for my add. I've gone in to try and delete it, (kind of strange to have to delete an add that never was posted in the first place), but they won't let me delete it because I never paid for it to begin with. WTF! I should have never even considered posting there in the first place, lesson learned. I guess I'll just continue to delete their request for payments that show up in my inbox every three to five days now.
Just block them.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

A
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
A
Man I never posted on alaska list tried to post 2 boxes of bullets on free ads today and he suspends the ad automatically to trys to charge me to the pay option. Wont post my ad but expects 1.89 to delete it from their servers. Sends me like 4 pages in bullshit texts calling me a communist. What is up this guys ass. Is that how their service works when they offer post add for free option. I paid his stupid 1.89 but told him Id give his site a good [bleep] review on all gun websites so he loses all business.

Last edited by aaron10; 04/25/21.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Aaron10, try this one https://gunsalaska.com/

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I still get calls on a stove ...I sold four years ago ..about the time they started this dollar 49 get your ad off their list chit.

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

281 members (10gaugemag, 257 mag, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 1lessdog, 34 invisible), 1,401 guests, and 1,096 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,225
Posts18,447,570
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.