Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by sidepass
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Try switching to Macadamia Milk. Before you know it, you'll fit into your wife's clothes.

No problem getting in her pants now.

LOL!

I'm not even sure which way to take this.........

GB1

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Went for my yearly exam at 63 years of age. I left scared.

Blood pressure up/ 140/90 Now 110/62
Sugar level up/ 117 Now 93
Pulse rate up/ 98 Now 62
Cholesterol up/ 225 Now 155
Weight 215/Now190 Goal is 180

12 weeks later on my wife's plant base diet: Walking 15,000 to 25,0000 steps a day: No sugar, soda, sweets, fats: Better manage stress.

Everything is back to normal but still have a ways to go.

I got fat a lazy during Covid!

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
My back is fugged. So I dont ride bikes or run anymore.
My job has me walk 1.5 miles a shift and manually handle/ move about 6000 lbs of crap. But thats upper body work.

I dont eat much, but do take in too many carbs.
Bloodwork says Im fine.

But I feel like crap ( noisy at work...proly has a lot to do with it ).

6ft and 190#. Need to get to 180#. Never dieted before. Gotta make some changes, 57 next week

Last edited by hookeye; 04/12/21.
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I bought a treadmill last August and started out slow and now do three miles a day five days a week. On Monday, Wednesday and Friday I do push-ups and sit-ups. I have lost 50 lbs now and going for 70 lbs which I should get by the summer.

NRA Lifetime Endowment Member
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Ken_L
I bought a treadmill last August and started out slow and now do three miles a day five days a week. On Monday, Wednesday and Friday I do push-ups and sit-ups. I have lost 50 lbs now and going for 70 lbs which I should get by the summer.

Nice! Was Richard Simmons your trainer? LOL! Kidding. I’m 52 and u r doing better than I am

Smith and Wessons are Thoroughbreds; Rugers are Clydesdales —John Taffin
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
In 2019 I retired from full time butcher work, spent touch time on the couch and the refrigerator and packed on 60 lbs.
I'm 6'2 and was just over 260, felt like [bleep] most of the time, clothes didn't fit.
I had done the low carb thing before and knew I had to do something again to lose the weight.
The results from a strict low carb diet are incredible.
The key word is "strict".
You have to shock your body by removing carbohydrates so that it shifts over to a fat burning mode.
If you cheat even a little during the induction period, you will fail.
If you really dedicate yourself to living better the results will astound you.
It isn't easy sometimes, you don't really realize how much garbage most people consume on a daily basis until you pay attention to food content.
In a period of 3 months I went from 260 to 207.
Went from a 38" waist to comfortable 34s.
My weight fluctuates a few pounds here and there but averages just a bit over 200 and has remained there for a couple years..I feel great, tons of energy and am in better shape than when I was 45.
Most all of my meals are meat, fish salad or green vegetables.
Snacks are cheese, nuts or Chicarones....you can indulge in hard liquor drinks as long as you stick with zero carb mixers.
You guys that want to do this, I'm happy for you....few things will yield such good rewards than just feeling good.
Everything in your life will improve.
Good luck!

Proud NRA Life Member
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by Ruger4Life
Originally Posted by Ken_L

Nice! Was Richard Simmons your trainer? LOL! Kidding. I’m 52 and u r doing better than I am

No, Richard Simmons thank God he is creepy [bleep]! Is he even still kicking? Yes, I just turned 52 and decided last year that I am not going to end up on a bunch of meds if I can do something about it. It's hard sometimes to get motivated since the treadmill isn't the most exciting but then I think about the fact that I don't want to lose what I have already accomplished.

NRA Lifetime Endowment Member
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Respect that wake up call! I got mine, high cholesterol, under control for years now, now high BP which I didn't do anything about, now have heart issues - nothing major, thickening of the heart wall, most likely cause: high BP. I'm battling both genetics and work stress. BP was "stroke levels" according to cardiologist, but it's coming down now with meds, diet and excercise changes didnt work. Goal with Dr is to get to retirement in 1 year, reduce stress and get off meds.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
I talked to my doc last week. Cholesterol is good (I’m on a statin so it’s working), BP is good (lisinopril, so that’s working), but my A1c is an RCH from diabetes. I’ve been a fat fûck for the last decade (gained 30 in the last 3 years) and the bill is due.

Tired of being tired. I can still hunt but it takes a lot more out of me. Sat down with wifey. Made the commitment to eat better and move more. Sure, I’ve made the promise before, but the specter of a physical breakdown seemed much more remote. Now I have a piece of paper that says “You’re killing yourself, dumbass.”

We’re gonna pay off the house next week. Financially set in IRA/401K, both of us. Great jobs, both of us. Great marriage. Now I just need to learn how to put the fork down.

Kinda looking forward to see if I can do it. I know what the consequences are if I don’t.

P

Same boat, my friend. Same age, same former profession, same meds, same wake the fugg up from my doc, same - ahem - lack of body svelteness, same talk with my wife. Buried my mom yesterday. Both folks made it to 86. I have to do something now to give me a fighting chance to make it that far. Going to start today. We'll see.

cf

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Health brings a freedom very few realize, until they no longer have it.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antlers
How true - and as with many freedoms.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by antlers

Good post.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rong
[quote .......and Gawd I love bread......

Me as well.
What are some examples of breakfast for you guys who have cut out carbs?
I typically am out the door with a thermos of coffee and a bagel and eat while driving to a jobsite.
Really cant find anything else to keep me full till lunch.So it's partially convienence as well.
[/quote]

I have found that almonds are a great breakfast food for me. Buy a big bag of whole natural almonds (no salt added) or other unsalted nut (or nut mix) to keep in your truck for breakfast and snacks. (Avoid salted nuts!) The protein helps with alertness in the morning and during an afternoon low-energy period, and the fat in the nuts helps satiate your hunger.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
For breakfast, I generally cook eggs and bacon 3-4 mornings a week. Adding egg whites to a couple of whole eggs to bump up the protein levels. You can even buy the cartons of egg whites.

My crew likes these on days I don't cook. I'll generally have a protein shake instead, not that the egg'wiches aren't tasty.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Now with even more aplomb
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I eat eggs fried in animal fat every morning. No starch to start the day.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Do the Keto thing with your better half and get out and find places to hike. I'm 62 and hike all the time, even here in the boring midwest...........
I've got over 100 miles in so far this year on little 3 or 4 mile hikes.

Grammar is important.
Capitol letters are the difference between "helping your Uncle Jack off a horse" & "helping your uncle jack off a horse".
T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
I don't eat breakfast. Just black coffee and water until noon.

I get that it is uncomfortable for many to do that. If so, try hard boiled eggs, or if you are really planning, take some muffin tins and make some sausage or bacon, crumble up in tin with some chopped onions and peppers in each one and put some scrambled eggs on top.and bake in oven. Make a dozen and take one or two for breakfast every morning. My kids actually love these.

Just takes planning, and honestly, what doesn't?

Last edited by TimberRunner; 04/13/21.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Eat all the cabbage, celery and onions you wish.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
All diets work
My neighbor lady has tried every one
she has lost at least a 1000 lbs in the time I have known here

Most people don't have what it takes to get old
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

534 members (10gaugemag, 1337Fungi, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 55 invisible), 2,283 guests, and 1,165 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,327
Posts18,468,523
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.