Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I wear hearing aids. When I have them in, the tinnitus is considerably less. Somehow they cover it up.

I remember reading that the type and frequency the sufferer has can be tested for. Noice canceling technology is then employed into the hearing aids, greatly reducing the perceived sound.

FWIW.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
GB1

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K

It sucks, I have had it bad for 10 years, blowing the horn on freight trains is loud when you sit 3 feet below it. Get yourself some gumby dicks you know the green foam ear plugs ,put them in and start eating pretzels the ringing goes away pretty quickly.

Proud to be an American
United States Marine

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I wear hearing aids. When I have them in, the tinnitus is considerably less. Somehow they cover it up.

I remember reading that the type and frequency the sufferer has can be tested for. Noice canceling technology is then employed into the hearing aids, greatly reducing the perceived sound.

FWIW.

[Linked Image from res.cloudinary.com]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by lawnman
Any experience and advice would be helpful

Get used to it.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

THIS

it is caused by damage to the cilia in the inner ear. You can't undamaged them.

Mine have been ringing for 50 years...

Schit. How old are you??

My ears been ringing for 20 years and I am 37.

LOL...try 60 years of the high-pitched ring.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by lawnman
Got to doc on Monday. Got this constant ringing in my ears for couple weeks now. Any experience and advice would be helpful
............................I have had this problem from the left ear since about August of 2017. There is no cure nor any surgical remedy. There are loads of cure tinnitus peddlers out there on you tube, google and elsewhere including health food and vitamin stores. And if you pursue products that either claim a potential cure or at the very least whom claim noise reductions then you will spend thousands of $$$ in the process and still have the same problem....I have had every test available including checking to see if I had TMJ or jaw alignment issues (twice). No issues with my jaw, hearing, no headaches nor pain of any kind.

Tinnitus is more common as we get older primarily beyond 50, so I have been told. Because we are hearing a constant ringing or hissing, the brain is telling us that there is noise when in reality there is no background noise. Even though I hear mine during the waking hours it is easy to deal with. During the day no problem. However turn the lights and TV off and get into bed with nothing but silence in the background, then the constant ringing or hissing is much more evident. Tinnitus affects one's quality of sleep and overall quality of life.

You are going to need to adapt to this condition and it will take time to get more use to it. I have a noise machine on my nightstand that simulates ocean waves, rain and other noises that are designed to distract the brain from the constant hissing or ringing while trying to go to sleep and while sleeping. It works but in my case to a small degree. You can also try some soft easy listening music.

Your doc test you for TMJ? Had a hearing test? Wash out your ears using an ear wash kit?

Best of luck to ya. I know what you are going through and know very well what you will be going through.

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger

IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by ironbender
….. Noice canceling technology is then employed into the hearing aids, greatly reducing the perceived sound.

FWIW.

Yes, they actually inject some high frequency noise into the ear so the brain "turns down the gain" looking for sound that has otherwise gone missing.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Had it for years - started with shooting as a kid, then compounded by Air Force not realizing they needed to provide some form of hearing protection on the flight line. Preflights when the aircraft next to you is running is murder on your ears. J85's, J79's, and the worst of all the HH53's T57 with the gear box have left me with permanent ringing. Roughly 65 years of getting used to it. If you were in the military, the VA gives out hearing aids like candy. White noise can do some cancellation, but there are days when nothing works. I have developed my ability to shut off my mind to it so I am not going crazy listening to it. Good luck to you .

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I have had a high pitched noise in my right ear for a decade. Im 58. I got used to it and it doesnt effect me much. I only notice it when there is nothing going on and I am on the couch.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
i had a infection in my right ear and lost all but 8% of my hearing in that ear. sometimes my rings like hell. hearing aids make it 10 times better during the day.
at night its wide open most of the time. the only thing that i have found that helps mine is eating less salt. i can eat a salty meal and mine is ringing 5 minutes later. i have found lots of people can eat less salt and not have any ringing at all.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by srwshooter
i had a infection in my right ear and lost all but 8% of my hearing in that ear. sometimes my rings like hell. hearing aids make it 10 times better during the day.
at night its wide open most of the time. the only thing that i have found that helps mine is eating less salt. i can eat a salty meal and mine is ringing 5 minutes later. i have found lots of people can eat less salt and not have any ringing at all.

NSAIDS set mine off, but its there all the time.
Racing motorcycles in my teens, a lifetime of shooting and loud music did it for me.

IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Putting a dab of CBD salve behind each ear and rubbing it in helps at night and hearing aids help during day.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I have the high pitched ringing, but I never think about it until a thread like this pops up.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I’ve had it since 2007 on my first trip to Iraq. We lived next to the test range for hell fires and such. Then the next 2 trips over weren’t any better.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

615 members (10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 19rabbit52, 12344mag, 1936M71, 16penny, 53 invisible), 2,806 guests, and 1,177 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,523
Posts18,452,769
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.