Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Lots of women travel at 6 months pregnancy. I think the pregnancy excuse is just to keep the heat off poor, victim Meghan.

She made an ass of herself with the recent Oprah fiasco and she’s ashamed to show her face to the family because there is no way the press would make a mockery of Philip’s funeral. Particularly since it’s also a small family affair. Much easier to play the victim half a world away. Plus, I’m sure the Royals don’t want her around stirring up shyte anyway.

At this point in time, Harry is a lost cause. He’s still enthralled by the witch. He’ll come around in a few years.

GB1

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by PSE
I heard Prince Harry will be at the funeral without Meghan this time (because of her pregnancy).

Maybe now is the time for a family intervention while Harry is back at Buckingham Palace by himself. Perhaps they can talk a bit of sense into him while he's by himself and not being influenced by her.

Perhaps he'll run away and rejoin his mates back in the Army. I understand he was well liked there.

I believe it was a BBC reporter who said they expect private discussions between Harry, his brother and his father, as part of a family attempt to mend fences. Publicly, lots of photo ops.

Not the best occasion to fix things, but it's an opportunity.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana
Lots of women travel at 6 months pregnancy. I think the pregnancy excuse is just to keep the heat off poor, victim Meghan.

She made an ass of herself with the recent Oprah fiasco and she’s ashamed to show her face to the family because there is no way the press would make a mockery of Philip’s funeral. Particularly since it’s also a small family affair. Much easier to play the victim half a world away. Plus, I’m sure the Royals don’t want her around stirring up shyte anyway.

At this point in time, Harry is a lost cause. He’s still enthralled by the witch. He’ll come around in a few years.

good analysis

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Shared grief over the death of the Duke of Edinburgh is an "ideal opportunity" to mend any rifts within the Royal Family, ex-PM Sir John Major has said

Sir John, who was guardian to Princes William and Harry following their mother's death, said he hoped it would end any "friction" between the pair.

[Linked Image from ichef.bbci.co.uk]

He also said the Queen needed time to grieve for her husband.

His comments came as the Archbishop of Canterbury paid tribute to the duke in a remembrance service.

The Queen has described the death of her husband as "having left a huge void in her life", the Duke of York has said.

The Duke of Sussex will fly from the US for the service, though it is not clear when.

His wife, Meghan Markle, who is pregnant, will remain at home in California on the advice of doctors.

The rest here - https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-56709087

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Covid19 does make a funeral laden with the usual pomp and circumstance an impossibility.

But, even if Covid19 were not a part of our world, it would be pointless today.

In the past, with only a few broadcast TV stations, no cable stations, and no internet, the various governments of Commonwealth countries would have mandated wall-to-wall coverage of endless repeat funeral coverage until we were ready to puke.

Today it is much too easy to avoid, ignore, and tune out.

Some things do get better.

UVA UVAM VIVENDO VARIA FIT
IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Back when there were only a few channels, a major event would have interrupted the regular programming. Mandated? I don't think so.. Everyone would have expected to watch it on CBC. We were more colonial back when I was a child. Now, with 100s of channels from which to choose, you can watch something else.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

629 members (160user, 10Glocks, 1973cb450, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 64 invisible), 2,761 guests, and 1,204 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,256
Posts18,467,051
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.