24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That's a kinesiology test. 👍 Good lesson to remember Diesel.
Kinesiology never worked on me, but I think that I would likely respond the same to sugar. Just having much at one meal and it's bed time for a while.
That mixed with lots of dairy turns on inflammation quicker than most foods in most people.
That was one reason that I started having issues.
I cleaned up my diet and it continued from the oxalates.

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 04/13/21.
BP-B2

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Uncle had stents and a pacemaker for over 10 years. Been on cholesterol meds. Cholesterol was always under 150. Had blockages again and got a quad bypass last summer. He asked the surgeon, "how'd I get blockages with low cholesterol and being on statins?" Doc said, " That only works about 2% of the time". Ugh!

Trust your doctor, he cares about you not the money..../sarcasm

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What Diesel mentioned comes to mind Rickshaw.
My sources of information make sugars to be a big factor rather than the cholesterol.
The short is that the sugar / insulin response leads to corrosion of the blood vessels. Cholesterol, calcium, etc. come along and patch the lining of those rough areas as a temporary fix. If this mechanism continues from long term sugar use, those blood vessels get thicker patchwork until restrictions occur.

Cholesterol is not the bad guy. It's the response to a bad diet. That's an oversimplification, but is accurate.
The statins as you know are BIG $ makers for big pharma. They are the ones that decide what the number "should be." That should make patients think about the motives, shouldn't it?

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Cholesterol is a very good anti-inflammatory by itself. All hormones are made from cholesterol in your body, and this is in part why returning to a fat diet, readjusts things. It provides the molecular basis for hormone synthesis missing in carb diets. Testosterone, estradiol, progesterone, and Vit D3
As mentioned it is the plaques, or Ca salt that cause the problem. Cortisol, made by the body, or hydrocortisone provides the basis for all of the cortisone group (dexa,beta. ex), which in addition contain some addition that prolongs the activity. The real reason is because the basic molecule could not be patented, so modifications were made that allows them to become "pharmaceuticals."

some fats contain cholesterol, but primarily the change stops the insidious allergic response caused by glucose specifically, not necessary poly saccharides (carbs). Additionally the medium chain fats , activates other metabolic rates, that shut down during a carb intake.

as a side note kidney stones can be either or both uric acid crystal and or oxalate. Oxalate is a free radical scavenger, and one of the best, and also helps regulate Ca

Most people don't have what it takes to get old
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by yukon254
Absolutely spot on. Going in tomorrow for my second CRP test. Last one was over 200, one year ago. Ive been eating almost zero carb since. Think carnivore diet. I know the inflammation is gone now. Going to be interesting to see what my doctor says, since I refused to take the meds she said I needed.

Teeth (fangs) and nails (claws) were never intended for ripping apart tofu.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Etoh
Cholesterol is a very good anti-inflammatory by itself. All hormones are made from cholesterol in your body, and this is in part why returning to a fat diet, readjusts things. It provides the molecular basis for hormone synthesis missing in carb diets. Testosterone, estradiol, progesterone, and Vit D3
As mentioned it is the plaques, or Ca salt that cause the problem. Cortisol, made by the body, or hydrocortisone provides the basis for all of the cortisone group (dexa,beta. ex), which in addition contain some addition that prolongs the activity. The real reason is because the basic molecule could not be patented, so modifications were made that allows them to become "pharmaceuticals."

some fats contain cholesterol, but primarily the change stops the insidious allergic response caused by glucose specifically, not necessary poly saccharides (carbs). Additionally the medium chain fats , activates other metabolic rates, that shut down during a carb intake.

as a side note kidney stones can be either or both uric acid crystal and or oxalate. Oxalate is a free radical scavenger, and one of the best, and also helps regulate Ca

Absolutely! Oxalate has also been successfully used for certain cancer treatments. It's just that my diet was too high in Oxalate and low in the cholesterol and phytonutrients that regulate the oxalates.

I'm interested in your comment concerning the medium chain FAs in regards to carb intake.
Right now, I have to get back to work though.
Thanks for the good response.

HC

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Mid chain are absorbed easier and go to liver, larger fats are exhaled, not pooped out. (contrary to belief)
mid chain also help bile acids regulate cholesterol and higher chain fats.

they are converted to fatty acids and glycerol and on average contain twice the energy as same wt. of carbs. then basically going to acetyl CoA and into the krebs cycle.

short version.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Diesel
Years ago, 50 probably, A doctor showed a strong man sitting in his office. The man was asked to hold out his arm and told to resist the doctors push downward. The man held back the doctor. Then the doctor gave the man a spoon full of sugar to put in his mouth and repeated the test.. The man had no resistance at all. Never forgot that video.

I believe the sugar/inflammation correlation. Almost all packaged food is full of sugar. Recent history showing the rise of obesity, diabetes and heart disease should support the theory that sugar and high carb intake are significantly responsible.

My wife used to help with catering for our local greasy spoon restaurant.
They had a very successful restaurant with breakfast, lunch, dinner.
She asked the owner why everyone loved their food so much[basically what's their secret]?
His answer was simple: sugar
They pour it to most everything they make.

FJB & FJT
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by Raeford
Years ago, 50 probably, A doctor showed a strong man sitting in his office. The man was asked to hold out his arm and told to resist the doctors push downward. The man held back the doctor. Then the doctor gave the man a spoon full of sugar to put in his mouth and repeated the test.. The man had no resistance at all. Never forgot that video.

I believe the sugar/inflammation correlation. Almost all packaged food is full of sugar. Recent history showing the rise of obesity, diabetes and heart disease should support the theory that sugar and high carb intake are significantly responsible.

She asked the owner why everyone loved their food so much[basically what's their secret]?

Had to flip a coin --- I was going with bacon fat.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Interesting Jag, today i had:

Breakfast, 4 eggs scrambled in bacon grease, salt/pepper, big squirt sriracha, half pot black coffee and same mug full of full fat cows milk.

Lunch, scraped the tops off homemade pizza, hate the thin crust once it's reheated, ingredients are wild pig sausage, jalapenos, onions, some kind of white cheese and some homemade sauce from Wifes garden tomatoes, threw that in a skillet, cracked in two more eggs and had with black iced tea.

Supper will be a bowl of venison stew with a beer or two, capped off with 64 drams of Glenmorangie before bed.

Been eating that way my whole adult life, cholesterol is 150 last check, blood sugar 99, i dont know squat, but guess i'll continue.

Trump Won!
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

LOL

lard makes everything good

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by slumlord

LOL

#LARDASS

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by gunner500

Breakfast, 4 eggs scrambled in bacon grease, salt/pepper, big squirt sriracha, half pot black coffee and same mug full of full fat cows milk.

Lunch, scraped the tops off homemade pizza, hate the thin crust once it's reheated, ingredients are wild pig sausage, jalapenos, onions, some kind of white cheese and some homemade sauce from Wifes garden tomatoes, threw that in a skillet, cracked in two more eggs and had with black iced tea.

Supper will be a bowl of venison stew with a beer or two, capped off with 64 drams of Glenmorangie before bed.

Been eating that way my whole adult life, cholesterol is 150 last check, blood sugar 99, i dont know squat, but guess i'll continue.

You'll be dead before supper!

Hahaha!

I will send flowers.

I am MAGA.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

You'll be dead before supper!

Hahaha!

I will send flowers.

LOL, i'll leave the gun safes open for ya Slim Jim, dont forget the scotch, there's a bottle or two on the fridge too ; ]

Trump Won!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Very similar to my routine.

Last physical, doc asked about my weight loss (about 25 lbs), so I told him. He couldn’t believe I had lost weight without exercising (good grief, I farm, who needs exercise?), and insisted on running the full gamut of blood tests - which all came back as good as you can ask for.

He simply could not believe it was possible — and this is a fairly young guy that should still be open to learning something new. Which underlines my concerns with the state of education of our physicians today - hard to think of it any other way than pharma / intervention driven.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by Dutch

Very similar to my routine.

Last physical, doc asked about my weight loss (about 25 lbs), so I told him. He couldn’t believe I had lost weight without exercising (good grief, I farm, who needs exercise?), and insisted on running the full gamut of blood tests - which all came back as good as you can ask for.

He simply could not believe it was possible — and this is a fairly young guy that should still be open to learning something new. Which underlines my concerns with the state of education of our physicians today - hard to think of it any other way than pharma / intervention driven.

Yes Sir Dutch, i hate to read about all the meds some take on a daily basis, it sucks when i have to travel, cant eat right, especially airline food, that stuff is pure trash, eat it or starve i guess, take me a week after back home to purge that junk from my system, get strength back, and get to feeling like myself again, may sound crazy to some, but it's real.

Trump Won!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The strength part is something that keeps surprising me. There are certain objects on the farm that I pick up and move on a fairly regular basis. Today, at 56, I move them with much less effort than I did even 15 years ago. Even flexibility seems to be getting better, not worse.

The only meds I have to take is an anti coagulant due to a hereditary clotting issue, and I still supplement B12, at least until my gut heals enough to start absorbing it normally again (another thing the doc is confounded about, in that he wants to inject it every two weeks, but liver in the diet accomplishes the same thing, but I suppose he doesn’t have the liver concession.....).

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Mid chain are absorbed easier and go to liver, larger fats are exhaled, not pooped out. (contrary to belief)
mid chain also help bile acids regulate cholesterol and higher chain fats.

they are converted to fatty acids and glycerol and on average contain twice the energy as same wt. of carbs. then basically going to acetyl CoA and into the krebs cycle.

short version.

That reminds me that I have to pick up some coconut oil . I'm almost out. I've got some good bison/buffalo waiting for me at the grocery store now. I'll probably get there.

Thanks for the kind info on mct. It's been.years since I read up on coconut oil and I ve got one of the top books on it in my library. Another reminder to reread and refresh.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BobBrown
Originally Posted by slumlord

LOL

#LARDASS

😂😂

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J

Good deal, Gun.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
263 members (1Longbow, 222Sako, 12344mag, 160user, 257 mag, 10Glocks, 28 invisible), 1,927 guests, and 902 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,800
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.