Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Five dog tags found inside monster South Carolina gator.

Alligators have been practically unchanged since the time of the dinosaurs, and there's a reason: They survive a long time and there aren't many animals able to prey on them.

Thankfully, humans are earth's apex predator, which is why the state of South Carolina allows the euthanizing of "nuisance alligators" outside of hunting season. That's how, according to WCIV-TV, a massive 12-foot-long, 445-pound alligator ended up being bagged in Charleston County.What was freakier than the alligator's size, however, was what was in the belly of the beast.

According to a Thursday Facebook post from Cordray's, a meat market that also butchers some unusual game, five dog tags were found in the stomach, including one verified to be decades old. Two were still able to be read in spite of the stomach acid.

They were even able to contact one of the dog owners, who said he had a lease near the property where the alligator was killed and lost his hunting dogs there.Even freakier: He had that lease almost a quarter of a century ago.

There were also remains from other animals in there -- including a bobcat.

"Ned McNeely brought in this 12’ long 445 lb. private land gator this morning!" the post read.

"We don’t usually open up the stomach but we did today. 5 dog tags, 1 bullet jacket, 1 spark plug, loads of turtle shells, and several bobcat claws were inside. Two of the tags were legible and one phone number still worked.

"The owner said he had that lease 24 years ago and those were from his deer dogs. Pretty interesting."

The post went viral, with over 31,000 shares and 2,800 comments as of Monday morning.

The South Carolina Department of Natural Resources says that alligators can live up to 60 years, although a recent study of alligators in Georgetown County found they can live up to 70 years.

Of course, the dog tags could have wound up in the alligator's stomach some other way, although the most likely method of consumption would be along with the dogs themselves.

Whatever the case, the massive reptile was bagged along the Edisto River -- which, according to WCIV, is part of the "alligator-laden ACE Basin estuary in Beaufort, Colleton and Charleston counties."

South Carolina does have a gator hunting season, although it's just for one month in the fall and requires a permit obtained through lottery drawing.

If you have a nuisance alligator on your property, meanwhile, the state Department of Natural Resources can issue you a permit to euthanize (read: hunt) the beasts, either by yourself or through a wildlife control contractor.

A "nuisance alligator" is defined as one which is "deemed as posing a threat to the life and safety of people and domestic animals either through exhibited aggression, or more commonly a habituation and lack of fear of humans often as a result of being illegally fed by people out of ignorance," WCIV reported.

There's also no other option for these gators: "Once deemed a nuisance, an alligator can only be removed by euthanasia," the station noted. "It is illegal in South Carolina to relocate nuisance alligators."

I'm not sure who would necessarily want to do this -- but if I took anything away from that vacuous "Tiger King" monstrosity, it's that one can safely assume there's always somebody.

Whatever the case, this monster had been a nuisance for decades, if one is to judge by the contents of its stomach. Thankfully, its reign of terror is over. Charleston County dogs (and bobcats) are a little bit safer.

And, if you want a slice of this prehistoric leviathan of a nuisance alligator to cook at home, Cordray's has you covered.

[Linked Image from static.independent.co.uk]

https://www.wnd.com/2021/04/five-dog-tags-found-inside-monster-south-carolina-gator/

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." **Edmund Burke**

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." **Benjamin Franklin**
GB1

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Glad they killed that dog eating mutha f u c k e r.....

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
those were not the dog tags i was thinking of.

My diploma is a DD214
D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Impressive animals

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I coon hunted a lot in my youth. Gators were known to set in coon trails when dogs were running. They learned they could get a meal.

Not a fan of reptiles.

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
IC B2

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Me also on dog tags. lol Glad it was not.

A
ATC Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by rem141r

Reading the first three paragraphs that's exactly what I was thinking. Thought that must be one tough gator to have killed and eaten five soldiers.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
See Ya Later . . .

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Make dog collars and leashes outta the Mfk’rs hide.

Circle of life type shít.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Big lizards ain't your buddy.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Same here after seeing the thread title. I've seen gators in S. Carolina but they weren't even half the size of that thing. " CHOOT 'IM" is all I could think of.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Question..........if there are so many of the things, and from everything I've read and heard about alligators, they are anything but endangered, so why are they so protected, with limited seasons and bag limits?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have less reverence for gators than I do grizzlies or wolves.

God Bless America
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by renegade50
Glad they killed that dog eating mutha f u c k e r.....

Too bad somebody don't get busy on those dog eatin' Chinks.
I'm sure they eat a lot more than gators do and gators don't release bio weapons on the world.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
gooks eat dogs, chinks eat cats.

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 22250rem

Same here after seeing the thread title. I've seen gators in S. Carolina but they weren't even half the size of that thing. " CHOOT 'IM" is all I could think of.

I was thinking they belonged to some blue-clad Yankee trash that he ate 150 years ago.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
There are several videos out there of the Wuhan meat markets that refute that.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

And I have a White Trash neighbor who eats possums

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by JamesJr

Do they manufacture and release bio weapons too ?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by JamesJr

Do they manufacture and release bio weapons too ?

I would imagine that the gas they pass after eating a damn possum would qualify as a bio weapon.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

677 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 10ring1, 160user, 68 invisible), 2,981 guests, and 1,426 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,474
Posts18,451,783
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.