24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Can't speak to the current crop,but have only been around a few hunnert McMillan stocks. That upon some rather sound rifles and McMillan simply has NO fhuqking equal,if only to the chagrin of Crying Karens everywhere. Nothing going further back than real M40A1 smears or newer than my last Vudoo's handle(Anny Sillywet). Hint.

Though in fairness,I've not opened up a parcel with a new synthetic handle,in nearly 10 fhuqking minutes...while opening up other mail. Ryan has likely been around a few stocks and has got a LOT of things very fhuqking right. I've got quite a few,if only because RHR doesn't fhuqk around and has 'em on the shelf. The new Outlander assuredly rates it's billing,though I'll probably not have scratches on it until tomorrow. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Would sure like to hear about these High Zoot Rifles that took Clueless Fhuqking Droolers for such a ride and how a McMillan stock whipped their ass! It is more than a "touch" handy to spec a fill weight,metal configuration and contour to connect dots,while boasting THE best patterns in the Industry. I heard a rumor,that a guy can even choose color(s)?!? Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

As per always,the heartfelt angst and copious tears of the CLUELESS are fhuqking hilarious...even if you gals need to make payments on sling studs! Hint.

Wow +P++!..................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
BP-B6

E
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
E
I apologize for the delay between responses. I've learned that time off with family is precious and I don't violate that for anyone. I will do my best to respond to the comments made so far.

"Bob Beck was convicted of illegally killing an animal without a valid tag and failed to do the right thing and contact the warden in if it was an “accident” as he claims." - Mallard Addict

I've known Bob for quite a long time. I was president of Berger and a sponsor of his show when the situation you are referring to occurred. It was so long ago that I don't remember the details to be able to quote them to you. What I do know is that everyone who was a sponsor of Bob's show got the full story. We talked to each other. What I recall before hearing the facts is that I was going to have to pull our support from Bob's show. Poaching cannot be tolerated. After myself and all of the other sponsors got the facts, we understood that it was much ado about nothing. If every one of his sponsors stayed with him, are we all poachers and liars? Be careful not to judge too harshly.

"Although I appreciate you making an attempt to sell your side of things here, I'd suggest stepping away from your GM role and look at this from the customer perspective." -Technoman26

I work very hard to put myself in our customer's shoes every day. I know without any doubt that I am not perfect, that we are not perfect. We do the best we can with the situation in front of us. I offer that we've done far more good than harm over the years. I also know without any doubt that McMillan is deliberately working to get better at 3 things. 1. Product quality and consistency. 2. Customer experience and satisfaction 3. Employee development. I can't turn back the clock and undue where we have fallen short in the past. All I can do is tell you that we are listening and that we are taking this feedback seriously.

"How do you justify charging and additional $80-100 for a recoil pad? You guys sell a lot of stocks without recoil pads?" -Dogcatcher22

While we are working to strengthen McMillan and grow it to the next level, we are also doing what we can to minimize confusion. I will admit that the costing/pricing structure is, I'll use the word, puzzling. I will be open and share that McMillan is using software to run the operation that was custom built quite a long time ago. It is not easy or possible in some cases to get clear costing data. We are doing our best to analyze all of the available information and we are going through our process carefully to establish clear costing information. I can't answer your question today but I can tell you that I have consistently worked to produce healthy costing methods so that the operation can stay healthy and offer fair prices.

"I have a problem with an item doesn't it make sense to get it corrected and shipped asap?" -Boatboy

I agree completely. The vast majority of McMillan stocks are made and shipped out ahead of their estimated delivery time with no issues. The few exceptions are handled on a priority basis. Much of the time spent resolving an issue is spent on the shipping. Once the stock is in our hands it is immediately put into the resolution process which is an expedited process. It does happen occasionally that we need to address a stock more than once. It is our goal to prevent this but historically, it does happen. What I can promise you is that everyone inside the building is very proud to be here. We work hard every day to resolve any issues we've created. Nothing bothers us more than knowing we've made a mistake and that someone is waiting on us to correct it. We are all hunters and shooters too. We get it, very intimately. We are doing our best. I know that only time and more opportunities will give us a chance to prove this to you.

"All that being said I was very disappointed in the reduction in products and services offered. That is the whole point of a custom stock and to me the appeal of the McMillan being able to get something exactly the way you want it and I am willing to wait for it." -ldg397

This is one of the hardest decisions to execute but one of the easiest decisions to make. It is just a simple fact of the world that businesses live on products that move. It is common for 20% of a companies product to produce 80% of the companies revenue. In spite of our desire to be all things to all shooters we simply cannot run a healthy company if we continue to hold on to the infrastructure and processes needed to offer slow (and in many cases non) moving products.

When I was with Berger, at one point Berger offered, if memory serves, 12 different weights and shapes in 17 caliber bullets. I was one of the people who supported this approach. However, I had to learn some hard lessons about resource planning, production line balancing and inventory management. I can assure you that for McMillan to remain in business, this change must be made. McMillan's list of slow moving products is decades old. If you ever scratched your head over pricing and delivery, a significant portion of the root cause lies within the extensive amount of slow moving products. The benefit of this change will be slow to realize and some may never notice. I can assure you that this is a good thing for anyone who wants to see McMillan be successful.

"Kinda hope to hear more from you Eric." -Winchester88

I'm right here and I'm not going anywhere. I am a shooter and a family man. I believe my greatest skill is my ability to listen, really listen. The comments I am making are not intended to change anyone's mind. My point in posting here is so that you know that I am listening. There are many things upon which we are unlikely to agree. That is ok. I'm simply here to hear what you have to say. It affects me and I assure you that we are all working to do better, be better. All I ask for is patience and grace. I believe that if history is any teacher, McMillan is heading in a direction that will make many of you happy.

"Sir, short version. These are players, not fans. Be on the up and up with us. You and the company will be much better off if you do." -GeoW

My memory is not strong enough to be a successful liar. I can only tell you what I know and do my best to act on those plans. I think most will say that things worked out pretty well at Berger. I don't see any reason why that won't be the case at McMillan. Heck, it was great before I showed up. Not perfect (nothing is) but there is no question that McMillan is a great brand/product/company. All I have to do is listen, trust the great people who have been here for a while and tweak it in the right ways to get us all where we want to be.

"I've got some McMillans, but you can bet it will be the last as long as Bob Beck owns it." -sherm 61

I hope that isn't true. If you met Bob you would genuinely like him. Everyone I've know who has met him does.

"Adding a ridiculously priced McMillan, no matter how nice, will often not make them shoot any better. Tikka, Ruger, TC, Savage and many others have proven this. Sadly, McMillan has priced themselves out of my consideration." Dixie Rebel

I accept this perspective. Price is always a challenge when you make a high quality product. McMillan's aren't for everyone. However, those who buy them do so knowing that there is value and plenty of it. I would offer that a look over the landscape of high quality stocks suggests that we are not as out of alignment in price as some might think. Comparing price is difficult since there are several different techniques being used to make stocks. In the end, you will have to choose what is best for you and your budget.

"I've bedded in 2 McM stocks for other people about 30 years ago. IMO, they sucked then." -las

I hope you let us know back then that there was a problem and that we fixed it to your full satisfaction. I also hope that you give us another chance and I believe you will be happy you did.

Regards,
Eric Stecker
McMillan Fiberglass Stocks

Last edited by Eric_Stecker; 04/13/21.

To strengthen your shooting skills go to the range.
To strengthen the shooting sports take a non-shooter with you.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
About all I have in the safe these days are McMillans. Never had an issue with them and service has been great. Best of luck with the new ownership team there.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by 30338
About all I have in the safe these days are McMillans. Never had an issue with them and service has been great. Best of luck with the new ownership team there.

Truth kurt. 👍

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
E
ejo Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I had a recent, great experience with McMillan. Top notch CS and I received exactly what I asked for.

IC B2

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Eric, thanks for making your self available.
With regards to the Hunter's edge stock for model 70's. I have many of these stocks and have been quite happy with them.
My earlier ones with a standard LOP and 1" pad came in from 22-25oz., last year the first one came in at 30 oz.
Rick set and back and it was replaced, but the replacement was still at 28oz. not quite worth the upcharge for edge technology.
What should we expect the weight to be of any future hunter's edge for model 70's to be?

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Also, can you clarify what stocks are now available for the model 70?

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
You better wake up Eric, not everbody who meets Bob. Ask a well know Giude in the Yukon and others in Oregon.
I'm not throwing names around, its enough that I know and trust. Idaho FG is one on the list

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by 30338

Same here. They’ve done nothing to me to wanna change. Polite folks on the phone, helpful, veteran friendly and have always delivered before their estimate.

Semper Fi
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Let me ask you a question Eric, is transporting illegally taking game across state lines a violation of the Lacy act?

Last edited by sherm_61; 04/12/21.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'd have a bigger issue buying an HS Precision actually.

https://www.americanfreepress.net/html/hires_mother_s_assassin_159.html

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You KNOW she was typing that Vagina Monologue while wearing a mask,standing in fhuqking line for her vaccine and practicing her Wuhan Dialect! Hint. LAUGHING!

Couldn't wait and what were the "odds",that Ryan got yet another one right? Hint.

Might haveta' grab me another,inlet it M5 and build another 22 Fhuqking PPC Improved for 88's on the bitch,in Flyweight. You KNOW Crying Karen is Googling that. My big version of same,is Anti-Wuhan,which will probably get her Whining again. "Fairly" certain it's a McMillan to boot. Hint. LAUGHING!

Laughing!................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Stick, is the stock on top gun painted or molded in? I like it,

"Mark the birds and handle your Dog"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Painted and it's done rather well,as aesthetics go. Be curious to see how it holds up,but re-paint has never aspooked me. Hint.(grin)

Crying Karen musta' scored (3) Midol and 1000cc's of Vagisil for her usual locations,as the Vagina Monologue tapered off...the "lucky"" kchunt?!? I was worried,that I only had (1) McMillan. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by sherm_61
You better wake up Eric, not everbody who meets Bob. Ask a well know Giude in the Yukon and others in Oregon.
I'm not throwing names around, its enough that I know and trust. Idaho FG is one on the list

Agreed. I met and visited with him, twice, at DSC over the past few years. He's an egotistical prick IMO, and wouldn't consider buying anything from him.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Erics version of Beck is like throwing perfume on a PIG!!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Barbed Wire Barbie and Crying Karen,you sure do Meltdown in Spectacular Fashion...you "lucky" kchunts! Hint. Congratulations?!?

Points awarded for the matching masks and tears fueled Mascara laced torrent,streaming your quivering lips. You Woke Whining Kchunts,are a fhuqking HOOT! Hint.

Bless your hearts,for almost being able to control your Estrogen Levels. Hint.

ALMOST!

Fhuqking LAUGHING!................

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
LarryO!!! Aka bacon throat!! Your middle name should be “McMillan “!!! You hard charging kelpbed bear boat sluicing dummy you!!! Haha

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Molded in colors hold up better under water. wink

TB, CWD and Covid-19 , free so far.....
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
'hunter,

I reckon a simplistic critique by me,has nudged countless checks McMillan's way,if only to the chagrin of Crying Karen's everywhere. Hint.

You might could be onto sumptin',as we do happen to get a thing called "weather" here,that's more than a touch handy for sorting wares out. As mentioned prior,McMillan simply has no equal,whether wet or dry. Hint.

LAUGHING!..................

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
653 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 12308300, 59 invisible), 3,132 guests, and 1,245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,742
Posts18,401,190
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.