Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
Stocks and realestate are in a bubble that will burst and crush a lot of people. The same for crypto. Right now I'm in cash, being patient. When lumber drops I'll build some rentals, or if realestate crashes I'll buy some as long as inflation doesn't kill me first. If the market finally starts rolling over I'll go short in leveraged fund like SQQQ. Be patient, opportunities will come around like always and you will need cash to take advantage of them.

I'm pretty tempted to sell my current house, but renting a place at 2500 a month will get old fast.

Being in cash is the absolute worst place to be, once inflation is realized the value of cash will fall to nothing over night. History has shown this. That is if you're cash is in USD. I wish you the best of luck but I think you're riding for a fall. They aren't making more land but they are printing more money. It's really that simple.

No, the worst thing to do is panic and buy into the top. Buy low and sell high, and be patient in between. There are are chitload of foreclosures coming, and that's what I do really well. This market is abnormal and it isn't going to end well.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
GB1

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
I do believe the OP specified "a couple grand" to invest...and for that I believe nothing else offers the opportunity that crypto does right now.

Last edited by xxclaro; 04/13/21.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Stocks and realestate are in a bubble that will burst and crush a lot of people. The same for crypto. Right now I'm in cash, being patient. When lumber drops I'll build some rentals, or if realestate crashes I'll buy some as long as inflation doesn't kill me first. If the market finally starts rolling over I'll go short in leveraged fund like SQQQ. Be patient, opportunities will come around like always and you will need cash to take advantage of them.

I'm pretty tempted to sell my current house, but renting a place at 2500 a month will get old fast.

Being in cash is the absolute worst place to be, once inflation is realized the value of cash will fall to nothing over night. History has shown this. That is if you're cash is in USD. I wish you the best of luck but I think you're riding for a fall. They aren't making more land but they are printing more money. It's really that simple.

No, the worst thing to do is panic and buy into the top. Buy low and sell high, and be patient in between. There are are chitload of foreclosures coming, and that's what I do really well. This market is abnormal and it isn't going to end well.

Agree to disagree. You think we're still sailing in chartered waters. I understand your confidence and at any other time I'd say you are spot on and are hedged to make bank. I wish you the best but to me the play is to buy from those who have a little excess that are getting warned to sell before the market caves like you think it's going to. However when the dollar plummets tangible assets are going to be holding the wealth.
Maybe when the dollar plummets your cash position will hold....... My magic 8ball says no though..... At a minimum I'd say diversify but don't look too internet listings to find a margin, you'll be the 9th piglet to an 8 tited sow

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by renegade50
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Originally Posted by irfubar
$2,000..... hookers & blow..... next question?. smile

Okay, $50k?

(really hot hookers???)

And a limo!!!

Only if you chauffeur!

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
I keep hearing of the rich folk buying more farm properties. Can anyone here lend me $10 million so I can get in on it too?

IC B2

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
For jbmi. If everything goes to hell, The doors on that bank are going to be locked tight. Often wondered if there where another set of keys for those boxes?

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
ICL
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Square

ARKK ETF

ARKK has the best upside potential IMHO.

I am also a big fan of hard commodities.

But before you invest in anything make sure you have a plan to get any potential Auto Parts you might need over the next year or two... also any other household items you might need.

I can see China raising prices on us dramatically in the future... or simply stopping all trade when they move on the Philippines etc.

Last edited by CashisKing; 04/13/21. Reason: Autocorrect typos

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
My strategy starting in 2011 was to buy rental properties. Rates were low and property prices were reasonable. I thought we were heading for hyperinflation then at the rate Obama was spending. I had lots of people telling me I should be getting out of debt because hyperinflation was coming.

That never made sense to me. I kept thinking that if hyperinflation was coming I wanted to be leveraged into several properties with fixed rate mortgages. I unfortunately got physically sick and also tired of being a landlord. I sold most of my houses starting around 2016. I wish I would have held them until now. It turns out inflation did come I just didn't wait long enough.

I've got one nice rental house left that I only owe about $79,000 on and I have a standing offer on it for $285,000 if I want to sell it. People keep telling me to use my cash on hand to just pay it off. I don't see the point in paying it off when I'm locked in at such a good rate. It's our last debt even our main house is paid off and flows enough to make twice the payment. We do worry about the leftist telling people they don't have to pay rent.

I'm still heavy in cash looking for some other investment deal. I'm worried I'm going to get caught holding too much cash in the bank when the dollar drops big time but try to balance having some on hand if a deal comes along. I'm fearful of the stock market and bonds seem no good when rates have nowhere to go but up.

I'm thinking about just buying a bunch more gold. I would have already if premiums weren't so high. The local shop has 20 gold 1 ounce kangaroos coming in this week at $100 over spot. I'm thinking about buying them.

Bb

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Also put money into big pharma and Monsanto.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
diversify. if you figure out how to time any market, promise you'll tell us. a lot of folks buy only when it seems a sure thing. conversely, don't sell soon enough.
on falls.

paying attention to stocks daily (trading) is real work and is what you pay fund managers to do for you.

If you're not having fun; you're not doing it right!
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
We still have some wheat left to sell and I watch that market daily.

It has potential with the drought conditions.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Agree to disagree. You think we're still sailing in chartered waters. I understand your confidence and at any other time I'd say you are spot on and are hedged to make bank. I wish you the best but to me the play is to buy from those who have a little excess that are getting warned to sell before the market caves like you think it's going to. However when the dollar plummets tangible assets are going to be holding the wealth.
Maybe when the dollar plummets your cash position will hold....... My magic 8ball says no though..... At a minimum I'd say diversify but don't look too internet listings to find a margin, you'll be the 9th piglet to an 8 tited sow

A big chunk of my wealth is tied up in real estate, that's done pretty well this year. Cash is king when there is blood in the streets.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm in all cash right now. It's been a good ride but everything feels like a massive bubble. I'm also extremely concerned about the Marxist impact on pretty much every aspect of our lives, including the markets.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I just love reading about all this Biden prosperity.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Centershot: Guns, ammo and optics.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

VG, you're a man after my own heart.

Add quality projectiles of popular calibers at ~ $.10/ea or less.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Market timing is for fools.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
I'm in all cash right now. It's been a good ride but everything feels like a massive bubble. I'm also extremely concerned about the Marxist impact on pretty much every aspect of our lives, including the markets.

I'm sitting on a wad too, Jake. Waiting for opportunties.

Still buying hard goods for fun, and maybe some profit.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BeanMan

Don't disagree.

But read Stormin_Norman's last statement.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by BeanMan

except for last April, March of 2009, May of 2000.

Id at least open up a trading account at fidelity, TD Ameritrade etc. Put in into a cash account and wait for market dips and invest into commodities some eutherium on Coinbase . 2020 was an incredible year for investing

Last edited by ribka; 04/13/21.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by JakeBlues

I'm sitting on a wad too, Jake. Waiting for opportunties.

Still buying hard goods for fun, and maybe some profit.

Buying and holding has worked well for a long time. The fundamental transformation is rapidly accelerating in front of our eyes. Every time an exploitable incident happens we have multiple places in the country that resemble 3rd world countries. There's a social sea change underway and it could easily cause a sea change in the long standing investing paradigms that have fueled wealth for many people for decades. Hell, we may even have a civil war in the coming years. Ultimately, I think we will soon sea long periods of highly volatile markets up and down as opposed to longer term trending. I'm trying to iron out option straddles strategies that will hopefully allow me to make money whether the market goes up or down medium term. As I get closer and closer to retiring, I have less and less desire to buy and hold because I don't trust the commies with my country and markets.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

379 members (12344mag, 1lesfox, 06hunter59, 160user, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 38 invisible), 1,867 guests, and 1,030 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,602
Posts18,454,655
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.