Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
The original safety apparently was replaced with an after market one. It will not allow me to place the safety in the 90 degree position in order to disassemble the bolt after removal. any hints?

Those who would disrespect our flag have never been handed a folded one.

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction.

When in the Course of human events......

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
needs to be in the middle position when in battery. then remove the bolt and unscrew the striker assembly from the bolt body. the plunger that locks the bolt and provides the detents for the safety only has clearance when the bolt is closed. this is assuming the safety was installed correctly. that's a BIG IF

gunmaker
------------------
Custom Metalsmith & Stockmaker
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
None the two-position safeties I’ve had allow conventional disassembly, you have to push the bolt against a solid surface until you can put a dime or other “tool” between the striker and the shroud. Then you can depress the plunger and turn out the assembly. Try not to knock that dime out of place!

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Pappy348
None the two-position safeties I’ve had allow conventional disassembly, you have to push the bolt against a solid surface until you can put a dime or other “tool” between the striker and the shroud. Then you can depress the plunger and turn out the assembly. Try not to knock that dime out of place!

What he said . A penny also works if you are a cheapskate like me.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I’m a wannabe high roller!

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yes. Try the above. If it was assembled, it can also be disassembled.

1Minute
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A bolt disassembly tool is needed.

I am the way, the truth, and the life: no one comes to the Father but by me. John 14:6
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by John_Boy

You are correct, a washer!

+Professional member American Custom Gunmakers Guild
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Or a penny! Which these days is cheaper than most washers. :-)

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I thought John Boy was perhaps referring to something like the Israeli MilSurp M98 Bolt Disassembly Tool I got from Numrich 15-20 years ago, which is great for pulling the cocking piece back before you insert the washer/dime/penny. Not essential, but damn handy.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I’ll post a picture of my disassembly tool as soon as I find it…..
I’ve had it for over thirty years so I sure can’t remember whom I bought it from…..
World Gun Parts ( Numrich Arms ) I think.

I am the way, the truth, and the life: no one comes to the Father but by me. John 14:6
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I have the tool you're talking about, got it from Numrich. Works great.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

Get off my lawn.

FJB
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This thread is useless without pics!

Just wanted to add my .02 laugh

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F

Suffering jumped up Jeezus Keerist...to quote Ready on the Right...this thread is useless. Generations of young Americans wearing velcro shoes because laces are just too puzzling.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I’ll make it useful in a little while. Just unable to access my bolt tool currently. Patience my children. This isn’t McDonalds…..

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This is for the impatient picture oriented generation.
It’ll have to do for now. Numrich no longer sells them, but you can make your own. The originals were Israeli production.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by flintlocke

Suffering jumped up Jeezus Keerist...to quote Ready on the Right...this thread is useless. Generations of young Americans wearing velcro shoes because laces are just too puzzling.

laugh You made it worthwhile for me to reopen this thread.

-S. M. Stirling
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
I'd ignored this Thead despite feeling 'much ado about nothing' in terms of "Tool"! Now Thread again... "Alive!" smile

A lot of talk about dedicated "tools" required! The "washer" by whatever configuration, necessary. A "tool", in my total multi-decade experience with occasional such disassembly not. A solid surface such as counter/table top - mar resistant - achieving compressing striker spring momentarily to insert washer.

To me, once process understood, the need for a dedicated tool - less than perhaps convenience in repetitive use - superfluous! Manicure impairment hazards aside! smile

Just my take!
John

Last edited by iskra; 10/05/21.
z1r Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Yeah, the answer to a problem that doesn't exist, IMO.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by iskra
I'd ignored this Thead despite feeling 'much ado about nothing' in terms of "Tool"! Now Thread again... "Alive!" smile

A lot of talk about dedicated "tools" required! The "washer" by whatever configuration, necessary. A "tool", in my total multi-decade experience with occasional such disassembly not. A solid surface such as counter/table top - mar resistant - achieving compressing striker spring momentarily to insert washer.

To me, once process understood, the need for a dedicated tool - less than perhaps convenience in repetitive use - superfluous! Manicure impairment hazards aside! smile

Just my take!
John

Yeah, what's the big deal? Just put the sear against the edge of the bench and push/pull down, and stick a penny in to hold it open.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
652 members (1badf350, 09wingates, 2003and2013, 007FJ, 160user, 72 invisible), 2,657 guests, and 1,184 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,603
Posts18,398,309
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.