Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
https://www.ammoland.com/2021/04/te...ense-to-carry-instructors/#axzz6s1B2rGJ3

Texas: GOA Responds to Sellout License to Carry Instructors

Springfield, VA – -(AmmoLand.com)- Rachel Malone, Texas Director of Gun Owners of America, responded to License to Carry (LTC) instructors who are opposing efforts to restore the right of self-defense in Texas, stating:

“Earlier today, a small contingent of License to Carry instructors sided with Bloomberg-funded organizations and opposed pending legislation to restore Texans’ right to carry a handgun without having to obtain a permit. We find it unconscionable that anyone in the firearms community would betray our liberties based on an obvious financial interest.

“As Chair James White and Representative Matt Schaefer stated earlier today, ‘Experience shows that residents will continue to voluntarily seek out training and licenses in permitless carry states, recognizing the benefits of instruction as well as acquiring and maintaining a license, for reciprocity with other states while traveling and other purposes.’

“We agree with Wallace Dunn, President of the Texas Concealed Handgun Association, who stated: ‘Training should not be a condition to exercising a constitutional right.’

“And we applaud instructors such as Jerah Hutchins, firearms instructor, GOA member, and Director of Training at Tier One security company, who stated: ‘Supporting Constitutional Carry as an LTC instructor is the difference between capitalism and greed. As instructors, our job is to teach and influence Texans to be responsible gun owners. This can be accomplished without an infringing licensure.’

“While Gun Owners of America encourages gun owners to obtain quality training, we would hate for any Texas gun owners to give their hard-earned money to the tiny fraction of instructors who actively fight against their core values. We urge our members to seek training from those who advocate in favor of our liberties and support Constitutional Carry.”

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Fugging turncoats are everywhere.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
If you don't need a license to carry you don't need a license to carry instructor.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Pat85
If you don't need a license to carry you don't need a license to carry instructor.

Wrong. Your permitless is only good in Texas. Mine is good in 33 states including Texass.

Swifty
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think there is value in training someone to properly carry a gun, I think we all know someone who we would feel better about getting meaningful instruction on gun handling.

making them (or me) file for a permit afterwards to be able to carry it is horseshit though

Last edited by KFWA; 04/14/21.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by KFWA
I think there is value in training someone to properly carry a gun, I think we all know someone who we would fell better about getting meaningful instruction on gun handling.

making them (or me) file for a permit afterwards to be able to carry it is horseshit though

I agree 100%. The problem is (at least here in Louisiana) the conceal carry class is a joke especially in terms of firearms handling and shooting. I have been through two of the CC classes.

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by Swifty52

Wrong. Your permitless is only good in Texas. Mine is good in 33 states including Texass.

My permit is good in all 50 states.

"He is far from Stupid"

”person, who happens to have an above-average level of intelligence

– DocRocket (In reference to ElkSlayer91)

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
People have a right to carry a firearm until they do something that warrants a court judging them unfit to do so, regardless of whether or not they've taken some "classroom instruction" of questionable value.

Just like they have the freedom of movement, freedom of speech, freedom of assembly, and right to vote, until they do something that causes a court to adjudicate they are too irresponsible to exercise these rights.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by ElkSlayer91

My permit is good in all 50 states.

lol. Fly into New York , New Jersey, Washington DC with your pistol in checked baggage

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
'Thin blue line' my ass:

https://www.captainsjournal.com/2021/04/13/texas-police-on-permitless-carry-in-texas/

HAPPENING NOW: Police association members and chiefs from Dallas, Houston, Austin, and San Antonio are holding a news conference at the Capitol to speak out against a bill allowing permitless carry of firearms. #txlege pic.twitter.com/CLLD7IPJvu

— Reena Jade Diamante (@reenajade) April 13, 2021

Is anyone surprised that Texas police would oppose the exercise of God-given rights without their approval?

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I think there is value in training someone to properly carry a gun, I think we all know someone who we would fell better about getting meaningful instruction on gun handling.

BS.

Learning to handle and situational shooting a firearm is a personal responsibility.

Firearm training only goes so far.

We MUST even the playing field between the criminals who carry, and allowing law abiding citizens to carry without harassment.

How much formal training does the criminal element have?

PASS CC NOW!

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
'Thin blue line' my ass:

https://www.captainsjournal.com/2021/04/13/texas-police-on-permitless-carry-in-texas/

HAPPENING NOW: Police association members and chiefs from Dallas, Houston, Austin, and San Antonio are holding a news conference at the Capitol to speak out against a bill allowing permitless carry of firearms. #txlege pic.twitter.com/CLLD7IPJvu

Is anyone surprised that Texas police would oppose the exercise of God-given rights without their approval?

Those are all liberal schidtholes.

Idiots are falling in line with the very liberals who want them de-funded.

Real smart.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
'Thin blue line' my ass:

It won't pass this session either. These idiot fake conservatives in the executive branch are all RINOs, and have the conservative grassroots base brainwashed into believing they are conservative and respect your God Given rights.

And all these LEO supporting the Communists actions to keep the citizens disarmed, prove they vote commie, when in the booth, no matter what they tell you to your face. That's your union boys, following their union leader's wishes, because they can't think for them selves. Not all, but most.

"He is far from Stupid"

”person, who happens to have an above-average level of intelligence

– DocRocket (In reference to ElkSlayer91)

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

BS.

Learning to handle and situational shooting a firearm is a personal responsibility.

I don't see how we are in conflict here

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Follow the money. The instructors do not want people, to not have to get a course ,they make money on.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
'Thin blue line' my ass:

Democrat politicians wanting to limit gun rights. Who is surprised by this. The big cities in Texas are liberal [bleep].
Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
I think there is value in training someone to properly carry a gun, I think we all know someone who we would feel better about getting meaningful instruction on gun handling.

I knew a girl once that did not know how to drive a standard transmission.

People had offered to show her time and time again. She simply did not want to learn.

Someone grabbed her up late one night... took her to a remote area and raped her.

She had a chance to Escape her assailant at one point Ibut could not drive a manual transmission.

---------------------

The dentist told my son that he did not have to brush all of his teeth... only the ones that he wanted to keep.

----------------------

People need to make their own decisions about what is important to them.

When another person makes a decision or a law on your behalf it is almost never useful or helpful.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Exactly.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

Wrong. Constitutional carry is the law in 19 states with more having passed it and waiting to come into law. When Tennessee implements theirs I'll be able to go into any state that touches mine and still carry without a permit. I usually don't carry because I'm a homebody and avoid schithole areas, but it's good to know I can when I choose to.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Iowa's Governor just signed Constitutional Carry.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 11point, 007FJ, 12344mag, 160user, 56 invisible), 2,915 guests, and 1,240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,357
Posts18,468,926
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.