Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
The Pit maneuver was just coming into being as I was leaving the State Patrol. One of the things they were telling us is you have to be precise in how you do it or you will wind up wrecking also. What got this trooper was the fact that they got tangled up and the trooper got drug into the ditch pushing the pickup and it made a natural jump for the patrol car. That would have been a heck of a ride and the trooper would have had time to think about his life before he hit the ground again. Looks like he made it out alive. Not so much for the perp.

Writing from the gateway to the great BluMtns in southeastern Washington.

Just remember, "You are the trailer park and I am the tornado". Beth Dutton, Yellowstone.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I never understood the idea of thinking you could outrun that many cops.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
not that I would have any way to tell but that doesn't really seem like 100mph+ from the cars he is passing and white lines in the road going by

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pfft...I drive like that daily.

😬🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
IC B2

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I'll bet the trooper's back will never be the same again. The force placed upon it from the multiple directional stresses had to have done major damage to his vertebral discs.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Helluva wreck. I give it 5 stars.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Helluva wreck. I give it 5 stars.

For sure!!

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
What I don’t understand in a lot of cases is why it is necessary for officers to endanger themselves and the public at large by continuing pursuits, in built up areas especially, for cases where no indication that a clear and present danger to the public will continue after a pursuit is terminated. No knowledge of why this guy was fleeing, but he died, a cop nearly did, and large numbers of folks were exposed to serious risk in the effort to get him. Hope it was worth it.

I am not a cop, never been one, so have no frame of reference to work from other than seeing one guy doing stupid things in traffic with usually several cops doing what appears to be the exact same things right behind him. Things that are hugely risky for anyone, including the cops themselves. Have seen cops locally just back off when a person runs, and the cretin gets arrested later without incident at home, because some savvy cop got his plate number and they just went to his house. I realize this is not always a workable strategy, but it seems to be a pretty good one when it works.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
52 second version.

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

If only he was in the General Lee

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
What is the possible reason to continue a high speed pursuit in crowded roads at this speed, in a pit maneuver , the lighter vehicle tends to lose. I can only imagine that legal ramifcations greatly out way the cost of apprehension of the suspect.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Most late model vehicles have a 99 mph limiter. Leo vehicles don't wonder why that meathead even thought he had a chance?

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
There are some rare exceptions but my department’s policy states “ the need for immediate apprehension must outweigh the risk posed to the public, the officer and the offender including passengers”. It’s not perfect but it eliminates pursuits for minor traffic infractions and most property crimes.

Deadlines and commitments, what to leave in, what to leave out...
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
trooper might have gotten too much truck, needed to just clip further back on the truck for a better out come.

Yee Haw....

some funny comments under the video.

"Sir, we've been trying to contact you about the extended warranty service on your dodge pickup"

Laws aren't preventative measures. In other words, more laws won't prevent gun crime from happening.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by OldGrayWolf
What I don’t understand in a lot of cases is why it is necessary for officers to endanger themselves and the public at large by continuing pursuits, in built up areas especially, for cases where no indication that a clear and present danger to the public will continue after a pursuit is terminated. No knowledge of why this guy was fleeing, but he died, a cop nearly did, and large numbers of folks were exposed to serious risk in the effort to get him. Hope it was worth it.

I am not a cop, never been one, so have no frame of reference to work from other than seeing one guy doing stupid things in traffic with usually several cops doing what appears to be the exact same things right behind him. Things that are hugely risky for anyone, including the cops themselves. Have seen cops locally just back off when a person runs, and the cretin gets arrested later without incident at home, because some savvy cop got his plate number and they just went to his house. I realize this is not always a workable strategy, but it seems to be a pretty good one when it works.

He ran a red light,

So of course that justified every cop within miles to take off like rabid dogs and run him down until they killed him.

At approximately 6:30 a.m. Friday (April 10), an officer of the U.S. Forest Service initiated a pursuit of a southbound vehicle on U.S. Highway 71.

According to law enforcement officials, the officer had reportedly witnessed the vehicle fail to stop for a traffic signal

So screw everyone driving, walking or living anywhere near the roads, we gots us red light runner to mow down.

Arkansas State Police 109 MPH PIT Maneuver

Real World Police

Published on Jan 16, 2021
From the report of Trooper Shawn Ellis, lightly edited for clarity:

On April 10, 2020, at approximately 6:40​ AM, Troop H dispatch advised that Sebastian County Sheriff’s Office was requesting assistance with a pursuit. Deputies were pursuing a black pickup, driven by Justin Battenfield, which had recklessly driven through several traffic lights without stopping and was passing traffic on the shoulder of U.S. 71.

The pursuit of Battenfield has been initiated in the area of Ingersoll Circle and U.S. 71 at approximately 6:36 AM by a Forest Service Ranger. At approximately 6:53​ AM, I checked In-Service with Troop H Dispatch and traveled towards U.S. 71 from State Highway 45.

At approximately 6:54​ AM, at the intersection of State Highway 45 and U.S. 71, I joined the pursuit as it traveled north on U.S. 71, soon becoming the lead vehicle in the pursuit. While pursuing Battenfield, he traveled through several traffic lights and passed multiple vehicles while driving on the shoulder before turning east onto Zero Street. This particular section of Zero Street (SH255) is a four-lane roadway, divided by a continuous center turn lane and was at the peak of a hill crest. In the area of 66th Street, the pickup began crossing into the westbound traffic lanes meeting traffic at a high rate of speed.

After I relayed the suspect’s actions to Troop H Dispatch, Sgt. Brandon Margis advised that due to Battenfield’s extremely reckless driving, and lack of due regard for the safety of the public that I needed to get the pickup stopped immediately. I then attempted a PIT maneuver to stop the vehicle. While executing the PIT, my unit collided with the passenger side of the suspect vehicle. As a result, both vehicles traveled off the roadway and into the east side ditch.

Battenfield’s vehicle collided with a driveway culvert while overturning and my unit went airborne as it traveled over Battenfield’s vehicle. Battenfield sustained fatal injuries and I sustained multiple serious injuries."

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Not a wise move to chase a vehicle at that speed through miles of heavily populated areas.

I know I'm Monday Morning Quarterbacking.... But if I'd been a supervisor I'd have called the chase off long before the crash.

I sure wouldn't try a pit at those speeds.

Unless you are in hot pursuit of a murder suspect or mass killer, there's no excuse for endangering as many lives as they did during that whole chase. (And even then, you pull close enough to blow their head off, not continue a long pursuit.)

It makes me sick at my stomach to think of a family van full of kids pulling out in front of that. Or a school bus. sick

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
In the case of misdemeanor suspects, many departments now simply record the license plate of the vehicle, and if it's not stolen, break off the chase.

When the suspect gets home, the cops are waiting for him, usually with an arrest warrant..

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
As I recall from PIT training, at speeds above 50 Mph, it’s very difficult to predict where the vehicle will come to a stop. Below that you pretty well know where the vehicle will come to a stop.

Deadlines and commitments, what to leave in, what to leave out...
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Pfft...I drive like that daily.

😬🦫

You high jump over p’ups daily? WOW!

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

373 members (10gaugemag, 260Remguy, 17CalFan, 264mag, 270winchester, 10gaugeman, 32 invisible), 2,516 guests, and 1,198 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,598
Posts18,454,430
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.