Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
ingwe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
I know nothing about them. What says the gallery of those who have used them?

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
BP-B6

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I know nothing other than picking up in the store. Seemed very chunky and weighed a ton (wooden stocked .30-06).

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I've been a Remington 700 fan for a very long time. About a month ago I bought a B14r steel barrel 22. Tomorrow I'm picking up another one. The 22-250 HMR is calling my name. All while I'm trying to downsize my gun collection!
I'm pretty impressed do far.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I had a Timber in 308. Pretty rifle and it functioned and shot great. But it was chunky in the hands. Had I bought the Woodsman instead I'd probably still have it

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Heavy but good.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I have a B-14 Ridge in 22-250 that is an extremely good shooter. Like others have said, they do carry a bit of extra weight. The barrel contour on the Ridge is similar to a light varmint contour, so a bit of extra weight is to be expected. Barrel is threaded fir a brake

https://www.bergara.online/us/rifles/b14/ridge-rifle-2/

I'd definitely buy another one based on this one example.

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Posted this a couple of times before, but some models at least have a MIM or pot metal bolt shroud that can break off. Lots of internet chatter on this. Happened to a guy at our range while I was there. I think there’s a factory fix. Search “Bergara MIM bolt shroud fail”. I think there’s a factory response on FB too, but I don’t go there.

I handled one of the Custom, made in US models a while back and it looked pretty nice, but it’s also pretty spendy, maybe more than a FC (was) IIRC.

Last edited by Pappy348; 04/14/21.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The ones I’ve seen and shot have all been the heavy barreled B-14 HMR. Both shot MOA or better with 10 rounds.

Aside from the full tube, the stock was heavy, as one would expect with a mechanical cheek riser.

Nice rifle.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I really like the looks of the Premier Mountain 2.0. They are using AG stocks. Really looking forward to getting my hands on one.

Are you part of the problem or part of the solution?
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I bought a B-14 hunter in 450 Bushmaster I like it very much
The gun is accurate but that caliber seems to shoot well in lots of guns

I have a HMR in 6.5 its probably just me and my body type but I really don't like the way the stock fits my very uncomfortable
I think for some one else it have fit better
Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
IC B3

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by ingwe
I know nothing about them. What says the gallery of those who have used them?

I don't either except for the talk that they came a long ways after hiring Ed Shilen as a consultant in their effort to have their engineers produce a better factory barrel.

Garry
Trump won !!!
Trying to live like a free man in the Communist Republic of New Jersey.
Love your country, distrust your government.
Democrats and the people who vote for them, enemies of America and a free American people
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Love my Woodsman rifle. I like the wood stock very much. It is fun to shoot and is accurate. I have had no issues at all concerning function. I wanted a Remington 700 type rifle for a long time and don't regret going Bergara instead.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I've had a B-14 Hunter, a B-14 Ridge, and a Premier Mountain Rifle.

All shot very well, but the Premier Mountain Rifle was super-accurate. The Premier series action has a floating bolt head like a Savage.

Weight wise, the Hunter seems about like a Weatherby Vanguard, the Ridge is nearly varmint weight. The Mountain Rifle is sub-7lbs naked.

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I bought one when they first came out. The first one came with the stock broken in half at the pistol grip. The replacement came about six weeks later. Accuracy was good, but the stock ergs didn't work well for me. I didn't like it enough to keep it and sold it to a friend who is a one box of ammo a year shooter and he seems happy with it.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by moosemike
I had a Timber in 308. Pretty rifle and it functioned and shot great. But it was chunky in the hands. Had I bought the Woodsman instead I'd probably still have it

Maybe not. I had a Woodsman in 7-08 and the forearm felt like holding the barrel of a baseball bat.

To the OP, The barrel on mine was skewed way to the left in the barrel channel. That's a sure sign to me of crappy QC. I had to send it back to Georgia because it didn't shoot to their accuracy guarantee. According to the factory rep I was dealing with, they pulled every 7-08 Woodsman in their inventory, and couldn't get 1 that would shoot to spec. After more than 10 weeks, they finally took one of those rifles and did some work on the action and the crown. I don't know exactly what they did. They also, at my request, cherry picked a stock with some nice figure, for my troubles and sent it back to me. When I got it back, it shot a few groups in the low .7s. But I just couldn't abide by that thick fore end. PLUS!!!!, the barrel is skewed on this one too! I ended up giving it to a young guy in my hunting club who is struggling to start a family and had to always borrow a rifle for deer season.

Last edited by eaglemountainman; 04/14/21.

My heart's in the mountains, my heart is not here.
My heart's in the mountains, chasing the deer.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I have a HMR Pro in 6mm creed. Shoots in the .2s and .3s. I like it

MOLON LABE
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I had one, but sold it. Not impressed with the heavy rifle. I had to send it back to the factory for a rebarrel.

HMM-161, HMM-364
Semper Fi Brothers
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have an HMR 6.5Manbun I bough here used. I put a spare Timney in it, although the factory trigger wasn't half bad. It's not a very picky rifle and I like the action design.

Now with even more aplomb
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've owned about a dozen and every one of them was "super accurate". The HMRs are definitely heavy; but, they are a type of gun that is expected to be. Most of the others are not heavy; but, I would say they are typical sporter-weight rifles. I only currently have one now. It is the Premier Mountain Rifle. They are, in my opinion, exceptional rifles with exceptional function and exceptional accuracy. One has to be deliberate in re-assembly because if you don't have the mag box lined up correctly, your mag starts ejecting shells randomly. That's not a big deal once you are aware of it. It's not a fault, it's just a head scratcher when one starts searching for problems that don't exist. All of my triggers on my Bergaras have been great and I never felt the need to replace one. I've seen others complain about or allude to stocks being "bulky". That's always subjective. I have small hands but seem to prefer and shoot better with a little thicker stock. I wouldn't call them thick at all. But, I'm also one of those guys who likes my Bell and Carlson stocks where others complain about the heft or thickness of them. I think that Bergara has created really good "bang for your buck" rifles. Now, if I could only find one of their Premier Mountain Rifles in 7/08 or 280 AI, I would be one happy camper. Unfortunately, after the Gen 1 Premier Mountain Rifle, Bergara sent those the way of the horse and buggy. I guess they feel they can sell more PRCs of various flavors. Hey, their call.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
ingwe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
Thanks for all the input. I actually got hands on one today, a B-14 Hunter I believe. Stock dimensions felt fine to me, a tad barrel heavy, but again thats not an issue, at my age the only place Ill carry it is into a Texas Box Blind...the rifle did indeed look like good bang for the buck.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
643 members (01Foreman400, 222ND, 160user, 1234, 1lessdog, 2500HD, 68 invisible), 2,784 guests, and 1,360 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,654
Posts18,399,211
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.