Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
There is a Remington Model 721 in .30-06 in the safe with a pretty good Burris 4.5 X 14 Fullfield E1 on it I would loan to my adult kids, their spouses and friends or any other trustworthy friend that needs a rifle. It is accurate enough for anyone borrowing a rifle and the scope is pretty good. The two .30-06 rifles I hunt with aren't leaving here with someone else though. I have a stainless Ruger Mini 30 with an old steel Weaver 4X I would also loan out. It doesn't recoil much and is not real accurate but it's good enough. I believe I could hit a deer or hog reliably with it.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hawk_Driver
I dont have any friends that dont have their own pile of guns.

^^ This ^^

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Growing up, my Dad never loaned anything to anyone. And he'd bite anyone's head off who asked. That struck me as a pretty sucky way to treat your friends. Not that he had many friends. Sometimes you learn by counter-example.

Myself, I have a Savage Model 16 in 7mm-08 with a Burris something-or-other on it specifically to loan to friends just getting into hunting. The rifle was specifically chosen to be easy to shoot, tough, relatively inexpensive, and no beauty queen. Got a loaner shotgun, too. Someone's wanting to try out hunting, but is balking at the cost of buying a rifle/shotgun for a sport he may not fully take up, I step in with my loaner rifle. I am always happy to try to recruit more hunters and shooters.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm happy to loan rifles any time,any place and have even mailed more than a few to help folks out. I sure as schit wouldn't hand someone a platform,that I wouldn't use and that "thought" process is rather fhuqking odd to me. Hint.

Often it's a step in a VERY right direction,when pards come to visit,to not even bring a rifle. More often than not,those that opt to bring their own,leave same setting at the house and simply cut checks to gear in accordance after the jaunt and seeing the light. Mechanics tend to sell themself and it's never not funny,to watch a Dissenter try to say "no". Have yet to see it and I reckon that'll never change. Hint.

Visitors always get pick of the litter,after a little trigger time to connect dots. Though admittedly,I likely have more than (1) rifle,which can be disconcerting to choose from. 'Course I'm talking mechanically fhuqking SOUND platforms,not Bargain Bin Bullschit that can't even work,which hilariously swoons many here. Hint.

Laughing!....................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
LarryO!!! Bacon neck, pards carry check books??? Haha ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, Iโ€™d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ainโ€™t easy havin pals.
IC B2

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Yeah, I'd really want to use one of Stinky's rusted pieces of schitt.

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Bosque
I don't loan much of anything. If someone is needing to borrow it, they probably can't afford to fix or replace it. If you need something that bad, I have a yard to be mowed that's worth $20, flowerbeds and weed eating are worth $10 each, washing the house is worth about $100... if I don't have any work needing done, you'll have to wait. My 14 yo just paid for part of his new shotgun by splitting it 1/3's between my exwife and myself for his birthday. He doesn't get freebies much either.

Going rate around here is 40.00 for an average in town lawn of 1/4-1/3 acre. Washing a small 1200-1500 sq. ft. house will run you 400.00 and this is a comparatively economically depressed, rural area. Lincoln outlawed slavery so you're probably going to have to keep mowing your own lawn and washing your own house..

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
700 'Ute in 243Win w/3-9x40 Burris that I bought as is. It shoots blue-box federal 80's into knots. M-70 Ranger 'Ute that someone cut the stock even shorter w/3.5-10x40 Leupold/duplex. That's the "kid's" borrowing rifles.

For adults it's usually either a Montana 7-08 w/6x42 Leupold or 700 SPS SS in 308 w/Leupold 3-9x40 Mil-Dot reticle and target turrets. I'm not opposed to borrowing out others but those 4 seem to see the most use outside my immediate family.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've had ALOTTA 223's,223AI's,22-250AI's,243's,243AI's,7-08's,7Whizzum's,308's and 300Whizzum's loaned out,but seldom L/A's in comparison. That being said there's been multiple 257Wby's,264Win's,7mmRemMag's,7STW's,300Supers,375H&H's and 375H&H AI's borrowed from me. Most all of which are Customs. Hint.

Wares that exist,reliably get Snowflakes to Melting. Hint.

LAUGHING!.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
After just seeing Poseur Larry's pics, I went home...threw my guns in a rock pile, stood on them in a creek, started moly'ing my bullets, threw my Nightforces in the trash and bought some garbage bushnell and super-poseur scopes. He led me to water alright...

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Crying Karen,

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so you can "afford" to "contribute"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Here's to how very WELL founded your countless Insecurities are and if only to keep things in context,cite how many times a day you think about me. Hint.

Do NOT "forget",that Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery either. Ooooooopsie!!! Too fhuqking late. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Poseur Larry, you can refer to me by my first name if it further helps to fuel your delusion that you actually have friends.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I actually recently bought two Savage 340's. A .222 and a .30-30. I had plans for the 222 but I thought the 30-30 would make a good loaner rifle if such a situation were to arise. Alas I find I like the 30-30 too much to loan out. I'm thinking it's going to see some serious hunting time this Fall.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M

I guess if the situation arose......it would be the Ruger American in 30-06. memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

โ€œIโ€™d like to be a good riflemanโ€ฆ..but, I prefer to be a good hunterโ€! memtb 2024
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Crying Karen,

I am VERY "surprised" that you are yet again thinking about me,as you wax eloquent upon your very WELL founded and countless Insecurities,with your enthralling High Pitched Nasal Whine...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so you can "afford" to "contribute". Pardon the latest Loaner Rifle coming together rather nicely. Google as you must,Whine as you do and perhaps even think about me some more(like ANYTHING could stop that!). Hint. LAUGHING!

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Hmmmmm...now to select rings/glass?!? Decisions,decisions. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...................

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Hint...nobody wants to borrow that POS^

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
When I was growing up in PENN I lost track of how many monster whitetail bucks were taken by novice hunters with a borrowed, customized, etc. Arisaka, Lee Enfield, Mosin Nagant, Mauser 98 etc.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Tc compass 30-06. Never had to lend it out so far

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
ฮผฮฟฮปแฝผฮฝ ฮปฮฑฮฒฮญ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Crying Karen,

You be SURE to "convince" yourself of the things you most NEED to hear...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

As you are doing so,do not "forget" that Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery. Pardon the poignant profundity of my influence,effecting you in sooooo many ways,that you can't even punctuate by yourself,as you think about me time and again. Hint.

Now typical of all bedding block bullschit,the recesses are proud,which do Precision no favors. I'll roll it for giggles,as you "get" the sweet "satisfactions" of Imagination and Pretend being free,so you can "afford" to "contribute". Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Hmmmmm...I'm still torn on rings/glass selection. Decisions,decisions. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Have a steyr prohunter stainless in 30.06. I mounted scope, got it zeroed and put it in safe. Have lent it out three times and it's killed 2 deer and a few pigs. I've never shot anything but a target with it. That was never my intention, but that gun never held my interest. Right now it sits without scope. I need to do something with it.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

605 members (01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 22250rem, 1_deuce, 06hunter59, 62 invisible), 2,168 guests, and 1,289 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,284
Posts18,448,656
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.