-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
"This summer the Oregon Military Museum reassembled a historic F-86 Sabre jet in preparation as a centerpiece of the museum's Korean War exhibit. The Oregon Military Museum showcases artifacts and information of Oregon's military history from the Lewis and Clarke expedition all the way through the Global War on Terrorism. Video by Sgt. 1st Class Zachary Holden - Oregon National Guard Public Affairs Office"

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Thanks. I do like the Sabre.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Cool plane!

Moe

"Pick out two!"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Always loved the Sabre jet.

It takes a village to raise an idiot.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I still think that it is the nicest looking jet.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That's nice to see. My Dad flew the D-model with the 431st at Wheelus and Zaragosa in the late 1950s, I have some of his paraphernalia on the wall, including a 3x5 foot North American formation publicity shot. One of his best flights was a reward for good mission parameters, a full tank of gas, NO drop tanks or rockets, no restrictions and all the sky around Wheelus. Only about 45 minutes, a naked 86 didn't have a lot of endurance, but he was tired and happy when he landed, "just an absolute joy to fly."

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This is the book that is responsible for me becoming a Naval Aviator. Read it in grade school and it ignited a dream of flying military aircraft. Bought a used copy on Amazon to give to one of my grandsons. Anyone else read this book as a youngster?

[Linked Image from images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com]

[Linked Image]

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
This is the book that is responsible for me becoming a Naval Aviator. Read it in grade school and it ignited a dream of flying military aircraft. Bought a used copy on Amazon to give to one of my grandsons. Anyone else read this book as a youngster?

[Linked Image]

Yes.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

[Linked Image]

I'd hate to see what a new one costs.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
ROK's were still flying those when i was over there in 85/86.

My diploma is a DD214
IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
We have one on a stick at my unit in Charlotte.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

[Linked Image]

I had that book as a kid, and must have read it a 100 times...

I love the F 86, but admit to loving a lot of planes.....

my eyesight kept me out of a cockpit.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Seafire

[Linked Image]

I had that book as a kid, and must have read it a 100 times...

I love the F 86, but admit to loving a lot of planes.....

my eyesight kept me out of a cockpit.

Me too......

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (1minute, 10ring1, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 58 invisible), 2,907 guests, and 1,186 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,525
Posts18,452,829
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.