Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
There's a time and a place for high speed pursuits.

110mph through heavy traffic over a misdemeanor ain't one of them.

Agree 100%, especially since his original infraction was running a red light.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ruffcutt
That was exciting, just watching got my adrenaline up. Still, they had his plate #, they could have probably looked him up later.

He would have claimed that he wasn't driving, it was stolen, and his momma and the rest of the family would have sworn he was with them at Bible study.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Hitting those poles likely saved the officers life. They allowed him to brush off some energy before impact. They also reduced the effect of gravity on the energy equation.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Earnhardt would have wrecked him & kept on going to take the checkered flag....................

MM

Which made him a hero to many.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ltppowell

It makes me sick at my stomach to think of a family van full of kids pulling out in front of that. Or a school bus. sick

That's where I am.

But...he'll do it until that happens if you don't roll him now.

That's sure happened before.

I remember one chase that was called off, and after it was called off the runner hit a car at a red light because "the guilty flee when no man pursueth." Fatal wreck.

I'm all in favor of a mag dump through the roof on the drivers side from the police helicopter. wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ltppowell

It makes me sick at my stomach to think of a family van full of kids pulling out in front of that. Or a school bus. sick

That's where I am.

But...he'll do it until that happens if you don't roll him now.

That's sure happened before.

I remember one chase that was called off, and after it was called off the runner hit a car at a red light because "the guilty flee when no man pursueth." Fatal wreck.

I'm all in favor of a mag dump through the roof on the drivers side from the police helicopter. wink

Now we're getting somewhere.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That was exciting, just watching got my adrenaline up. Still, they had his plate #, they could have probably looked him up later.

Probably.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ElkSlayer91
They were running about 70-80 MPH.

Nope 109mph.

Look at the GPS speed indicator at impact. (Lower left corner)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Cops should never pursue anyone who runs from the cops. That's a smart idea.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by copperking81

Well, they aren't allowed to stop looters, rioters, and arsonists.

IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Still, they had his plate #, they could have probably looked him up later.

Could have had a stolen plate off a Prius on that truck. If that scumbags was allowed to get away once he would certainly have done it again and again and killed someone eventually.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

No, that's not good either.

I worked for a PD that would let you pursue until you reached the city limits. It was a game killer if they beat you to the city limits. So every low-life idiot knew this policy, and we'd have 3-4 weekly high speed pursuits to the city limits... or until they wrecked out.

That was a stupid policy. The Chief wasn't too bright. We kept telling him why there were so man high speed pursuits. But he never changed the policy.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Pat85
Still, they had his plate #, they could have probably looked him up later.

Could have had a stolen plate off a Prius on that truck. If that scumbags was allowed to get away once he would certainly have done it again and again and killed someone eventually.

It's a well known fact the Texas Highway Patrol WILL stop you. Even if they shoot the car out from under you, or the driver himself. Used to be that if you wanted to shoot your gun, you joined the Texas Highway Patrol. wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 5sdad

Well, they aren't allowed to stop looters, rioters, and arsonists.

Take a vacation and see see how the heathens about 1000 miles south handle it.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I seen the second car up to 129 one time on the reader.

Lead car was a Charger, not sure if the whole shift has Chargers, bound to be a Vic mixed in there. Maybe the second car was a Vic after seeing the 129 mph ‘top out’
Or could have just been coincidence

The 2004–2011 Police Interceptors (Ford P71) are equipped standard with an open 3.27:1 rear axle (Axle code Z5), with a trac loc 3.27:1 rear axle (Axle Code X5) optional, and are electronically limited to 129 mph (208 km/h) due to critical driveline speed limitations.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
What was the Piss Fir Henry doing in town pulling someone over for a minor traffic violation?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by slumlord
I seen the second car up to 129 one time on the reader.

Lead car was a Charger, not sure if the whole shift has Chargers, bound to be a Vic mixed in there. Maybe the second car was a Vic after seeing the 129 mph ‘top out’
Or could have just been coincidence

The 2004–2011 Police Interceptors (Ford P71) are equipped standard with an open 3.27:1 rear axle (Axle code Z5), with a trac loc 3.27:1 rear axle (Axle Code X5) optional, and are electronically limited to 129 mph (208 km/h) due to critical driveline speed limitations.

You KNOW there was at least one Crown Vic., otherwise they would have all broke down. smile

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Misdemeanor? How do you know the guy didn't have warrants out? Drugs? Murderer? The guy ran for a reason, play stupid games................

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Sako76
Misdemeanor? How do you know the guy didn't have warrants out? Drugs? Murderer? The guy ran for a reason, play stupid games................

TV. They all get stopped for a minor traffic violation on their way to their first college class after rescuing a litter of bisexual puppies.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Sako76

I bothered to read the story..............

The guy in the pickup was also the local retard, When I read that I was sure it was going to be one of a handful of members here but that didn't pan out.

Last edited by 12344mag; 04/14/21.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

631 members (1beaver_shooter, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 1234, 160user, 61 invisible), 2,308 guests, and 1,231 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,619
Posts18,455,052
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.