Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Feeling sorry for the Canucks, and for the folks who just want to travel through Canada. Oh, and for Queen AQ-D's subjects too.

An unashamed bitter/clinger/deplorable
BP-B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I wonder how much cross border smuggling has happened during Covid. I have 3 nephews truckers that cross the Canada/ US border on a regular basis. They say all the border guards want is your paperwork and send you on your way.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Just had family friends return to Alaska no problem. A few protocols and a negative test and it took 30 minutes to get through.

Returning from vacation (road trip around the US).

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by drover
Originally Posted by Hastings
I was sure looking forward to the drive across Canada as a once in a lifetime experience. Flying up to Alaska and renting a vehicle wouldn't be the same. Have done that 3 times. I have an idea that most Canadians don't approve of shutting the border. At least non urban Canadians.
Just put the trip off for a year or so and save your money. With the fuel price increases that are occuring daily you will not a lot more money for fuel in a year or so.
The Alcan trip is nice but not under present circumstances.
drover
I believe your advice is best, but I doubt this Corona scare will ever be over. Until I read some of the Canadian's comments I would have not thought the average Canadian would be averse to a traveler coming through and spending money at the various roadhouses along the way. They are talking stoning and vandalizing. I could just drive through one our ghettos if that is to be expected. Looks like I can cross this off my list.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Fugg the government scamdemic on both sides of the border. I’ll keep my azz and my money on my side of the border. It has been refreshing not to fight Canasians for parking at Costco. I’m sure Trudeau would welcome some of our illegals, of which we have a bate.

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by WAM
Fugg the government scamdemic on both sides of the border. I’ll keep my azz and my money on my side of the border. It has been refreshing not to fight Canasians for parking at Costco. I’m sure Trudeau would welcome some of our illegals, of which we have a bate.
This is kind of stupid but it is THEIR country. The Corona-19 virus is well established in both countries and although less than the usual number we still have a substantial per-cent of the Canadian population spending the winter with us. I'll find somewhere else to go. I would sure like having my own 4WD GMC in Alaska so as not to have to abide by rental vehicle restrictions, such as the Denali Highway, and Steese Highway. I don't imagine Hertz would agree to the road from Tok to Eagle either. Oh well.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
This is the year I planned to do it. Now It may never open back up. It's their country.

Don't get yer panties in a wad. They can't afford not to have tourism much longer. Wait a year or two and it'll be wide open and people will still be getting covid and living...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Rumor has it some news 4-21 hoping its true

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by rost495
This is the year I planned to do it. Now It may never open back up. It's their country.

Don't get yer panties in a wad. They can't afford not to have tourism much longer. Wait a year or two and it'll be wide open and people will still be getting covid and living...

A year of two? LOL!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by kk alaska
Rumor has it some news 4-21 hoping its true

Do tell.

PM if you prefer. 😉

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
IC B3

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Apparently Mr dressup said yesterday that the border is closed 'indefinitely'. What that means is anyones guess. Some are saying it will start to open this winter. I do know a lot of US hunters with hunts booked here this year have already been told by their outfitter that their hunts have been canceled again. We had to cancel all of our fishing trips as well. Really sucks. Going to be fewer places to go once this is over.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by yukon254
Apparently Mr dressup said yesterday that the border is closed 'indefinitely'. What that means is anyones guess. Some are saying it will start to open this winter. I do know a lot of US hunters with hunts booked here this year have already been told by their outfitter that their hunts have been canceled again. We had to cancel all of our fishing trips as well. Really sucks. Going to be fewer places to go once this is over.

Going to be a lot of outfitters losing their territories over this I bet. Which will make it a lot easier to portion up areas for redistribution if there isn't anyone left to fight to hang onto them.

Originally Posted by Someone
Why pack all that messy meat out of the bush when we can just go to the grocery store where meat is made? Hell,if they sold antlers I would save so much money I could afford to go Dolphin fishing. Maybe even a baby seal safari.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
When a disease is already in a country what does closing the border accomplish. Maybe U.S.A. Americans are harder to control and don't consider themselves subjects?

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
It’s all about control.

Logic doesn’t apply

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The financial impact on friends in YT is BAD!

A lot of good folks facing extreme financial hardship.

I think the recent Territorial Election resulted in another liberal win.

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Originally Posted by VernAK
The financial impact on friends in YT is BAD!

A lot of good folks facing extreme financial hardship.

I think the recent Territorial Election resulted in another liberal win.

bad is really that bad and the election will bring more catastrophic issues very soon ...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I just talked to some Alaskans that just traveled through Canada and they said: "Never Again".

Regulations were inconsistent in application. Mandatory hotels were expensive and crummy.
They weren't allowed to use their camper. They were tracked via cell phone ping consistently.
Treated poorly by locals in some areas.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
I just talked to some Alaskans that just traveled through Canada and they said: "Never Again".

Regulations were inconsistent in application. Mandatory hotels were expensive and crummy.
They weren't allowed to use their camper. They were tracked via cell phone ping consistently.

How is it pinged if it’s turned off and wrapped in foil?

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y

I've talked to a few Americans traveling through lately with the same stories. Its disgusting how some are treated. Its like the 'pack' mentality has kicked into overdrive.

To many Yukoner's work for the government, and the government has allowed them to work from home in many cases. Those people havent missed a paycheck and dont want it to end. They are going to ride the gravy train as long as possible.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

To many Yukoner's work for the government, and the government has allowed them to work from home in many cases. Those people havent missed a paycheck and dont want it to end. They are going to ride the gravy train as long as possible. [/quote]
The election results from last week proved that.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
652 members (1234, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 222ND, 160user, 71 invisible), 2,954 guests, and 1,392 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,658
Posts18,399,290
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.