Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
What in tarnation is going on down yonder?

ERCOT

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
More societal engineering. There are no grid issues, at least not in the greater Houston metroplex.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
We will soon be having rolling blackouts like they did in South Africa after the ANC took over. There's were mainly due to corruption and incompetence. Ours will be by political design and due to environmental regulations.

I need to get battery backup for my solar system. I generate enough power to more than cover my needs if I unplug my old hot tub.

Bb

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Obama done tolt you that 75° was too cool to keep your crib.

Oh...and air up your tires.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
This should be the most "down" time of the year for electrical consumption. Almost sleep with windows open weather. You guys are fughted when it actually gets hot. Not only higher wattage usage, but when those non speed regulated A/C start up in full force the utilities will be facing high MVar problems also with line loading. Geez, what the hell happened? Oh yeah, cheap deregulation and utilities cutting back on everything trying to make a profit. Good luck and hope that situation gets better somehow, but it probably won't. Texas utilities woes is something that the rest of us will probably be facing sometime in the future eventually. Greenies have NO IDEA what keeps this country stepping in tune for the last many decades.

IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Barney_Fife
What in tarnation is going on down yonder?

ERCOT

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

And no where close to the Ole dog days of summer where temperatures will top 100f a week at a time.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Well hope it sorts itself out for you folks down there before it actually gets hot.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I am just glad we are not hooked up that grid.

They have screwed things up real bad and it can't be fixed overnight.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I would be buying a generator.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Texas has been "Enroned"

Expect huge rate increases and power outages....

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
IC B3

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
We on CA are well ahead of TX, welcome to social engineering and rolling blackouts!

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Burley
We will soon be having rolling blackouts like they did in South Africa after the ANC took over. There's were mainly due to corruption and incompetence. Ours will be by political design and due to environmental regulations

Corruption and incompetence are political and regulations. The politicians tend to impose laws that favor themselves and regulate everyone else with no science

V
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
V
The state government of Texas did a really stupid thing when they gave control of the electric grid to the private corporation ERCOT that has a CEO and board members. We already had the Public Utility Commission run by state officials (of course they were political appointees). ERCOT has to make as much profit as possible because it is accountable to it's stock holders instead of it's customers. Another stupid thing they was to give a contract to a private company to provide emergency power to the water plants and natural gas providers. When the grid starting failing this company removed most their electric generators. I worked for AT&T for 30 years and all the big switching centers had their own diesel generators that were tested frequently.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by plainsman456
I am just glad we are not hooked up that grid.

They have screwed things up real bad and it can't be fixed overnight.

Typical result of Democrats sucking the blood of the people after selling them a pre-election list of lies designed to separate fools from their money.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A long line of poor management, glad I'm part of co-op run by an elected board so can fire them if need be.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MM879
I would be buying a generator.

Buy today, delivery in five or six months. I'm putting in a commercial backup generator, and that's the wait right now. Just a little shorter than the wait list of the electrician to put it in......

Sic Semper Tyrannis
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
The media is playing it up to be something it isn't. Over 30% of the generating power in TX is off-line due to typical spring outages for scheduled maintenance before the peak season. Same happens in the fall before the winter peak.

The planned outages happened to coincide with unseasonable temperatures and decreased wind, nothing more. Our media loves to spin everything and make it political.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gsganzer
The media is playing it up to be something it isn't. Over 30% of the generating power in TX is off-line due to typical spring outages for scheduled maintenance before the peak season. Same happens in the fall before the winter peak.

The planned outages happened to coincide with unseasonable temperatures and decreased wind, nothing more. Our media loves to spin everything and make it political.

Sounds like windmills are the chit for reliable energy.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Just wait until we are all driving electric cars and try to charge....epic collapse!

Official member of "The Clan of Turd-like People"

[Linked Image]
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
Originally Posted by gsganzer

Sounds like windmills are the chit for reliable energy.

Any energy policy needs to be a balanced energy policy. Nothing wrong with solar and wind being part of the mix, their limitations just need to be accounted for. The power problems in TX are exacerbated by the unprecedented population growth throughout the state. The same holds true for the water needs and other infrastructure. TX is in for some tough times ahead.

I always thought former Gov. Rick Perry and now Greg Abbott have done a little too much cheerleading in promoting people and businesses to move to TX. It's beginning to change the state. We'll go the way of Colorado at some point and turn into a liberal bastion if we're not careful.

Last edited by gsganzer; 04/14/21.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (2500HD, 219DW, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 1_deuce, 17CalFan, 57 invisible), 2,077 guests, and 1,085 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,085
Posts18,463,914
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.