Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
I hate to rain on anyone's parade but the author of the article does not know what he's talking about.

The .gov has strict rules about what you have to pay people on H1b visas. When we looked at it, we would have to pay MORE THAN the going rate for Americans.

The only reason to consider them is that, for 50 years or so, there has been a shortage of US engineering graduates. That's because US students would rather major in cookie cutting subjects. Student loans should be based on the likelihood that the graduate will be able to work in a useful field, in order to pay back the loan. They aren't.

You mean, “for 50 years, foreign supplies of labor have artificially held down engineering wage rates, so that American grads no longer want to go into engineering...”.

If companies were DESPERATE for engineers, and had to offer $150-$200k, you’d have a HUGE amount of engineering grads within 4-6 years.

Sorry, but “going rate” means nothing, if you can get a foreigner to do it (even at a little more cost). The “going rate” would be WAY higher, if folks were stuck having to hire American grads ONLY. That’s supply and demand.

Folks are avoiding STEM because they can often make more being a fireman ($80-$100k)...

BP-B2

T
Tarquin Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Stickfight
Originally Posted by Tarquin
I don't care what their religion is

So they all just happen to accidentally be Jews?

Post a photo of your nose!

VDH is not Jewish, nor is Mark Steyn, Anne Coulter, Jordan Peterson, Charles Murray, Thomas Sowell, Larry Elder, Candace Owens and a host of other thinkers and commentators I've cited. Nor is their work, for the most part, found on the MSM. You have to go to alternate sites to find it, for the most part and many of them have been banned from YouTube and Facebook (or at least much of their commentary has been). But again, since you're logic-challenged, I could care less what their religion is (or is not) and you shouldn't either. It's the quality of the thinking that matters; are the premises correct and do the conclusions follow from the premises? That is my criteria, not someone's religious faith (or lack of it).

Tarquin
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Are all of the E celebs you follow Jews or just the ones you post here?

I don't care what their religion is as long as they are on the right side of the issues. You shouldn't care either. BTW, Weinstein is not an e-celeb.

Jews are Jews because they are all religious

more salmon ID wisdom

T
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by ribka

I don't care what their religion is as long as they are on the right side of the issues. You shouldn't care either. BTW, Weinstein is not an e-celeb.

more salmon ID wisdom

Nonsense. Many are ethnic Jews and utterly agnostic or atheistic and non-practicing. Neither their ethnicity or their religion (for those who practice) compels their political beliefs nor does any persons religious belief tell us anything about the correctness or incorrectness of their political beliefs.

Tarquin
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Nonsense. Many are ethnic Jews and utterly agnostic or atheistic and non-practicing. Neither their ethnicity or their religion (for those who practice) compels their political beliefs nor does any persons religious belief tell us anything about the correctness or incorrectness of their political beliefs.

This is one of the most laughably asinine statements I have ever read.

IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Stophel

Prove it.

Tarquin
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
you said it dummy. Of course being Jewish myself because of my mom Im sure you could learn me lots of stuff. Back to your super intellectual legal analysis of police shootings and Trump's tweets.

Originally Posted by ribka

more salmon ID wisdom

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Stophel

Prove it.

And if I were to do so, would it matter? Would it be worth my time? Brandolini's Law applies.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
.old toot.i find you to be so pro jew i have to refrain from your constant diatribe.i also believe there is some racism in all people.certainly in you.you annoy me.gfy please and take care.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I could care less what their religion is

I was confident I could get you to post a list of your favorite E celebs. I didn't think it would be this easy but I find that is a consistent outcome: everything is easy for me.

Do you have a second tier that you watch as well? Feel free to post that list too. My favorite of your favorites is Ann Coulter. She is certainly the most successful false conservative prop the Jews have put up. I think Jordan Peterstein was having a good run until his brain fell apart from the drugs.

And I'm not concerned with the Jewish religion either so welcome to the team.

IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by slobob63
.old toot.i find you to be so pro jew i have to refrain from your constant diatribe.i also believe there is some racism in all people.certainly in you.you annoy me.gfy please and take care.

Please learn how to type, space, punctuate and use capital letters.

Once you master those simple, 3rd grade challenges, please learn how to use the Ignore Function here on this website.

Thanks

Yet another sock puppet here.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Immigration = supply-side voter-nomics.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I don't care what their religion is

So they all just happen to accidentally be Jews?

Post a photo of your nose!

VDH is not Jewish, nor is Mark Steyn, Anne Coulter, Jordan Peterson, Charles Murray, Thomas Sowell, Larry Elder, Candace Owens and a host of other thinkers and commentators I've cited. Nor is their work, for the most part, found on the MSM. You have to go to alternate sites to find it, for the most part and many of them have been banned from YouTube and Facebook (or at least much of their commentary has been). But again, since you're logic-challenged, I could care less what their religion is (or is not) and you shouldn't either. It's the quality of the thinking that matters; are the premises correct and do the conclusions follow from the premises? That is my criteria, not someone's religious
faith (or lack of it).

AMEN!!!

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by fburgtx
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
I hate to rain on anyone's parade but the author of the article does not know what he's talking about.

The .gov has strict rules about what you have to pay people on H1b visas. When we looked at it, we would have to pay MORE THAN the going rate for Americans.

The only reason to consider them is that, for 50 years or so, there has been a shortage of US engineering graduates. That's because US students would rather major in cookie cutting subjects. Student loans should be based on the likelihood that the graduate will be able to work in a useful field, in order to pay back the loan. They aren't.

You mean, “for 50 years, foreign supplies of labor have artificially held down engineering wage rates, so that American grads no longer want to go into engineering...”.

If companies were DESPERATE for engineers, and had to offer $150-$200k, you’d have a HUGE amount of engineering grads within 4-6 years.

Sorry, but “going rate” means nothing, if you can get a foreigner to do it (even at a little more cost). The “going rate” would be WAY higher, if folks were stuck having to hire American grads ONLY. That’s supply and demand.

Folks are avoiding STEM because they can often make more being a fireman ($80-$100k)...

Weinstien made the point during his last Rogen podcast not 2 weeks ago that someone he was friends with falsified data in a report in 1986 (apparently verifiably falsified and NOT a mistake) to show that there was going to be a shortage of scientists and engineers in the future. This report was falsified because major corporations did not want to pay 6-figures for scientists and engineers and this report was in part used to justify the H1B program. Weinstien said that he confronted his friend about it but never was able to get a satisfactory answer.

Hell yes kids are avoiding STEM! Kids working in coffee stands and waiting tables are making $40/hr with tips. STEM is HARD and when you're looking at starting wages lower than many blue collar jobs, why bother?!

Cross

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
toot.im not writing a letter of such importance.also not a big fan of hitting the shift key constantly.as far as the ignore key,you were entertaining for a while and then jorge made you out to be the hypocrite you are,struck a nerve and you jumped.i assure you i wont respond to anything you post again.again take care.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
797 members (160user, 1234, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 007FJ, 81 invisible), 3,184 guests, and 1,316 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,710
Posts18,400,171
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.