Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by MuskegMan

If only he was in the General Lee

Had the same thought. That was so Dukes of Hazzard.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by Sako76
Misdemeanor? How do you know the guy didn't have warrants out? Drugs? Murderer? The guy ran for a reason, play stupid games................

I bothered to read the story..............

The guy in the pickup was also the local retard, When I read that I was sure it was going to be one of a handful of members here but that didn't pan out.

Well who haven't we seen lately?

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
RAMBO EGO

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rickt300
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by Sako76
Misdemeanor? How do you know the guy didn't have warrants out? Drugs? Murderer? The guy ran for a reason, play stupid games................

I bothered to read the story..............

The guy in the pickup was also the local retard, When I read that I was sure it was going to be one of a handful of members here but that didn't pan out.

Well who haven't we seen lately?

Jeff0 is one.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Browsing around, the fleeing driver was one Justin Battenfield, 34yo, brand new (to him) truck, living on social security on account of a mental disability.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
LEOs need a drone on board, kinda like a trunk monkey. Launch that dude and just watch the fun.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OldGrayWolf
What I don’t understand in a lot of cases is why it is necessary for officers to endanger themselves and the public at large by continuing pursuits, in built up areas especially, for cases where no indication that a clear and present danger to the public will continue after a pursuit is terminated. No knowledge of why this guy was fleeing, but he died, a cop nearly did, and large numbers of folks were exposed to serious risk in the effort to get him. Hope it was worth it.

I am not a cop, never been one, so have no frame of reference to work from other than seeing one guy doing stupid things in traffic with usually several cops doing what appears to be the exact same things right behind him. Things that are hugely risky for anyone, including the cops themselves. Have seen cops locally just back off when a person runs, and the cretin gets arrested later without incident at home, because some savvy cop got his plate number and they just went to his house. I realize this is not always a workable strategy, but it seems to be a pretty good one when it works.

Some folks have a hard time seeing the big picture because they don't see it every day. I have let many go before I got involved in as much as a common traffic stop because the risks didn't out weigh the rewards. You will never hear about or see anything about those kinds of near stops because they don't generate news or even a traffic ticket. But, there comes a time when you have to stop someone because they are dangerous or because they are doing dangerous things. Most are just violating a traffic law. The last kid shot in Minnesota was wanted on a felony armed robbery warrant. Did your local media tell you that ?

George Floyd was operating a motor vehicle under the influence of several drugs including meth and fentynal. He was a collision just waiting to happen but it appears Officer Chauvin got to him first. Stop him or let him go ?? I say officer Chauvin deserves a Life Saving's award for getting that guy off the street and out of his 4000 pound deadly weapon. Officer Chauvin deserves to be recognized for that act alone. I have no heartburn that George Floyd died while under the influence of several highly dangerous drugs. Some of which he just swallowed to hide as the officers approached his vehicle.

If we stopped making traffic stops then NO ONE would stop for any reason. No traffic laws would ever be enforced. Except when we respond to a traffic collision. (I hated doing traffic collision reports) And there will be many of those. And, many of those would be operating while under the influence of something (drugs or alcohol) or driving while under suspension or even barred from driving. Someone has to be enforcing driving laws because driving is a privilege that must be practiced by people who are willing to abide by the written laws. At least 1 out of 10 drivers was/is under suspension or driving while barred every minute of every day. You know they have no insurance and don't really care what your rights as a safe driver or other occupier of the roadway are. Your God given rights to be safe and unharmed mean absolutely nothing to them.

Literally thousands of cars passed by me every day and only a relatively few got stopped. Pretty much everyone else was safely driving within the confines of the law. Why, because someone was enforcing traffic laws reminding them that they can lose their privileges to drive if they are not doing it in a safe manner. Your elected representatives have defined those confines in a Legislative act or law. But, sometimes you have to take that extra effort to stop and apprehend those who refuse to behave like civilized men and women.

You said the "cretins get arrested later". Yes, if the driver can be identified that happens. No ID, no arrest. How do you ID ?? You stop and get a look at them and you get a drivers license or some other form of identification. Our world revolved around the stop and getting an ID in order to do our job. NO ONE gets arrested just by a car description alone. Driver ID is required.

I was a police officer for 32 years. I arrested approximately 25 drivers a year during the years I was working the night shift. I was only in on 2 chases in my career. One I let go and the other was 2 kids on a motorcycle. They chose to drive into a wet bean field and all I had to do was walk in and get them. (I got my shoes muddy and wet. That pissed me off) I let hundreds go because the risk was too big to try to make the stop. Many didn't know just how big of a break they got because I chose not to do risky things to get behind them. But, there were some that may have been worth the effort. We will never know.

One more story. I was doing a ride along with a County deputy one night. We heard on the radio a deputy who was trying to make a traffic stop on a early 60's Corvette that was just getting onto an Interstate highway ramp. The "chase" lasted about 30 seconds. The driver of the Corvette took off and left the deputy in the dust. Traffic stop over. Less than 10 minutes later we get a call about a bad accident at an interstate exit just a few miles from us. We get there about the same time as the rescue gets there. The passenger in the car was DRT. (dead right there) The Driver had an obvious severely broken neck but was struggling to breath. The top of the 1963 Corvette including the windshield were about 20 yards away under a gasoline hauling semi. Nothing below the dashboard had as much as a scratch on it. Someone took some time to rebuild and restore this Corvette.

The passenger was taken out and put on a back board and loaded into a second rescue vehicle. He was going to the funeral home. The driver was being treated while he was still in the car. He had a partial can of Budweiser between his legs and he did not spill one drop out of that can. That is until one of the rescue guys pulled it out from between his legs and threw it onto the floor board of the car. I wish I would of had a camera with me just to get a picture of that beer can between his legs.

The two occupants of the Corvette were brothers. The brother riding was DRT. The brother driving had just finished restoring the car. They were out celebrating. The driver dies 2 days later. The chase "started" about 15 miles and less than 10 minutes away from the ending. It seems the Corvette came off the ramp and sieved itself underneath the gasoline haulers tank. If they would of ducked under the dash, they would both be alive today. The only good part about this story is no innocent persons were hurt. Other than a truck driver who was pretty shook up over the whole deal and was reported as a driver in the State accident report.
kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by MuskegMan

If only he was in the General Lee

Had the same thought. That was so Dukes of Hazzard.

Make it three.
From the first photo...

Many departments do not chase fleeing motorcycles due to the odds I imagine..
Glad the officer survived...

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Mac84
Wonder what that trooper was thinking when he launched?

"Jesus take the wheel!"

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
My take on it is -
He ran "several" stopsigns.
Was obviously at a very high speed.
Passing on the right.
Endangering the traveling public.
Then, it got worse. Crossing into oncoming traffic, trying to cut off the trooper, and basically looking for a wreck (whether he knew it or not)
I'd call it justified, from what I saw - but I'll be the first to state that I didn't see the beginning. That could easily reverse my opinion.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by slumlord
I seen the second car up to 129 one time on the reader.

Lead car was a Charger, not sure if the whole shift has Chargers, bound to be a Vic mixed in there. Maybe the second car was a Vic after seeing the 129 mph ‘top out’
Or could have just been coincidence

The 2004–2011 Police Interceptors (Ford P71) are equipped standard with an open 3.27:1 rear axle (Axle code Z5), with a trac loc 3.27:1 rear axle (Axle Code X5) optional, and are electronically limited to 129 mph (208 km/h) due to critical driveline speed limitations.

You KNOW there was at least one Crown Vic., otherwise they would have all broke down. smile

There is the voice of experience.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Browsing around, the fleeing driver was one Justin Battenfield, 34yo, brand new (to him) truck, living on social security on account of a mental disability.

Well, it appears he is no longer a drain on society, nor a menace to the motoring public. Prayers for the Trooper's full recovery, and his Sergeant's typing fingers.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
LOL, holy shlt, my wife and her girlfriends jog in that park on the right, it's Ben Geren, right next to Ft Chaffee.

Trump Won!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide

Well, it appears he is no longer a drain on society, nor a menace to the motoring public. Prayers for the Trooper's full recovery, and his Sergeant's typing fingers.

^^^^^^^^^^^^laugh Word^^^^^^^^^^^^

Trump Won!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide

I looked up SAPD’s pursuit policy, all the accountability you and your Supervisor can handle plus you have to write a book about it afterwards....

https://www.sanantonio.gov/Portals/.../620VehiclePursuitsAndStopTechniques.pdf

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
looks like it was a risky move at that speed,also not very rural.but we are all just playing monday morning quarterback without all details.for sure that deal tightened up that officers acorn.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by kwg020
What I don’t understand in a lot of cases is why it is necessary for officers to endanger themselves and the public at large by continuing pursuits, in built up areas especially, for cases where no indication that a clear and present danger to the public will continue after a pursuit is terminated. No knowledge of why this guy was fleeing, but he died, a cop nearly did, and large numbers of folks were exposed to serious risk in the effort to get him. Hope it was worth it.

I am not a cop, never been one, so have no frame of reference to work from other than seeing one guy doing stupid things in traffic with usually several cops doing what appears to be the exact same things right behind him. Things that are hugely risky for anyone, including the cops themselves. Have seen cops locally just back off when a person runs, and the cretin gets arrested later without incident at home, because some savvy cop got his plate number and they just went to his house. I realize this is not always a workable strategy, but it seems to be a pretty good one when it works.

Some folks have a hard time seeing the big picture because they don't see it every day. I have let many go before I got involved in as much as a common traffic stop because the risks didn't out weigh the rewards. You will never hear about or see anything about those kinds of near stops because they don't generate news or even a traffic ticket. But, there comes a time when you have to stop someone because they are dangerous or because they are doing dangerous things. Most are just violating a traffic law. The last kid shot in Minnesota was wanted on a felony armed robbery warrant. Did your local media tell you that ?

George Floyd was operating a motor vehicle under the influence of several drugs including meth and fentynal. He was a collision just waiting to happen but it appears Officer Chauvin got to him first. Stop him or let him go ?? I say officer Chauvin deserves a Life Saving's award for getting that guy off the street and out of his 4000 pound deadly weapon. Officer Chauvin deserves to be recognized for that act alone. I have no heartburn that George Floyd died while under the influence of several highly dangerous drugs. Some of which he just swallowed to hide as the officers approached his vehicle.

If we stopped making traffic stops then NO ONE would stop for any reason. No traffic laws would ever be enforced. Except when we respond to a traffic collision. (I hated doing traffic collision reports) And there will be many of those. And, many of those would be operating while under the influence of something (drugs or alcohol) or driving while under suspension or even barred from driving. Someone has to be enforcing driving laws because driving is a privilege that must be practiced by people who are willing to abide by the written laws. At least 1 out of 10 drivers was/is under suspension or driving while barred every minute of every day. You know they have no insurance and don't really care what your rights as a safe driver or other occupier of the roadway are. Your God given rights to be safe and unharmed mean absolutely nothing to them.

Literally thousands of cars passed by me every day and only a relatively few got stopped. Pretty much everyone else was safely driving within the confines of the law. Why, because someone was enforcing traffic laws reminding them that they can lose their privileges to drive if they are not doing it in a safe manner. Your elected representatives have defined those confines in a Legislative act or law. But, sometimes you have to take that extra effort to stop and apprehend those who refuse to behave like civilized men and women.

You said the "cretins get arrested later". Yes, if the driver can be identified that happens. No ID, no arrest. How do you ID ?? You stop and get a look at them and you get a drivers license or some other form of identification. Our world revolved around the stop and getting an ID in order to do our job. NO ONE gets arrested just by a car description alone. Driver ID is required.

I was a police officer for 32 years. I arrested approximately 25 drivers a year during the years I was working the night shift. I was only in on 2 chases in my career. One I let go and the other was 2 kids on a motorcycle. They chose to drive into a wet bean field and all I had to do was walk in and get them. (I got my shoes muddy and wet. That pissed me off) I let hundreds go because the risk was too big to try to make the stop. Many didn't know just how big of a break they got because I chose not to do risky things to get behind them. But, there were some that may have been worth the effort. We will never know.

One more story. I was doing a ride along with a County deputy one night. We heard on the radio a deputy who was trying to make a traffic stop on a early 60's Corvette that was just getting onto an Interstate highway ramp. The "chase" lasted about 30 seconds. The driver of the Corvette took off and left the deputy in the dust. Traffic stop over. Less than 10 minutes later we get a call about a bad accident at an interstate exit just a few miles from us. We get there about the same time as the rescue gets there. The passenger in the car was DRT. (dead right there) The Driver had an obvious severely broken neck but was struggling to breath. The top of the 1963 Corvette including the windshield were about 20 yards away under a gasoline hauling semi. Nothing below the dashboard had as much as a scratch on it. Someone took some time to rebuild and restore this Corvette.

The passenger was taken out and put on a back board and loaded into a second rescue vehicle. He was going to the funeral home. The driver was being treated while he was still in the car. He had a partial can of Budweiser between his legs and he did not spill one drop out of that can. That is until one of the rescue guys pulled it out from between his legs and threw it onto the floor board of the car. I wish I would of had a camera with me just to get a picture of that beer can between his legs.

The two occupants of the Corvette were brothers. The brother riding was DRT. The brother driving had just finished restoring the car. They were out celebrating. The driver dies 2 days later. The chase "started" about 15 miles and less than 10 minutes away from the ending. It seems the Corvette came off the ramp and sieved itself underneath the gasoline haulers tank. If they would of ducked under the dash, they would both be alive today. The only good part about this story is no innocent persons were hurt. Other than a truck driver who was pretty shook up over the whole deal and was reported as a driver in the State accident report.
kwg

Good post.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Originally Posted by kwg020

kwg

Good post.

+1

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
whats better than one car doing 120 on a busy road? 3 cars doing 120 on a busy road.

Last edited by killerv; 04/15/21.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
The big picture is he is now one criminally insane misfit less to deal with. People like that young man will sooner or later cause the death or dismemberment of some innocent person or persons. The maneuver didn't end as hoped but the outcome was favorable. May God rest his troubled soul or let the devil do with it as he wishes.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

588 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 02bfishn, 160user, 10Glocks, 1337Fungi, 63 invisible), 2,518 guests, and 1,221 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,344
Posts18,468,761
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.