-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Shot purty hard this evening with a bunch of stuff,but the Newest Bitch done fine. Hint.

Fired (2) rounds from the hip this morning,looking for pressure and liked what I saw,so loaded 50rds. All prior to it seeing a ring,rail or scope. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Then tore it apart for a cursory inspection and found the typical tattle tales,but let 'em ride if only in the interest of R&D. Hint.

Slammed a NightFarce steel 40MoMo rail aboard,trial fit glass/rings and had to shorten the rail for objective clearance,which is a GOOD thing. Gooped the works,slammed it tight,ran a cursory boresight on an Iggle Nest out the kitchen window and was ready to make empties. Hint.

Long story short,I missed my velocity prediction by right at 25fps,as the 1300yd steel was actually a 10.2 Mil correction,which is .2 more than my supposition cast yesterday,prior to even seating the first primer. All things considered,I don't beat myself up when a Mystic Velocity Assertion is off by less than 1%. I'd attribute the discrepency to both a new Lot of powder(slower),a touch looser than usual bore and that despite a throat shorter than most. Only slid the proposed velocity and let BC roll. Hint.

In fairness and counting the (2) pressure test hip shots,it was a total of 8rds to assert same. Fired (2) of those at 970yds. Sadly,no Cardboard ChooChoo was incorporated and it took but a coupla seconds to input the Mystic Velocity Assertion's actual and backtrack come-ups to the muzzle. Pard was shaking his fhuqking head,so I had him follow suit. 100yd boresight paper was easily resolved by FFP Gen2 Milscale Spotter(fhuqking POS Reupold MK4). FUNNIEST part was,I actually got the Goat Fhuqk X-Mark trigger to behave! Hint.

Not that I don't enjoy how folks make this schit difficult. This Rifle is yet another Myth Buster and the "surprises" none. Weather sucks too. Hint.

LAUGHING!..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
GB1

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Big Stick

. . . . . Gooped the works,slammed it tight,ran a cursory boresight . . . . .

LAUGHING!..............

Oh crap ! ! !
You can't put any thread locker on scope mounting
hardware ! ! !
Other people don't like that.
They might get unhappy with you.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Leaving the BC alone and slightly altering the MV when supersonic seems to be the rule of thumb. Subsonic or transonic tweaks can be tweaked with the BC. This is if I read Litz correctly. Same for using the G7 with low drag bullets.

I ended up lowering my MV 1.8% and left the Litz G7 alone. It seemed to really line things up at my max range of 550. Looking forward to extending the range past that but for now it is as far as I have to shoot.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

614 members (007FJ, 01Foreman400, 160user, 2500HD, 204guy, 257 roberts, 59 invisible), 2,351 guests, and 1,167 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,638
Posts18,455,306
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.