Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I have a TC Venture in 30-06 with a Meopta Meopro scope that will be my great grandsons first elk rifle in about 7 years. It’s the extra I would loa to any friends new hunters or kids I as mentoring. Part of giving back for the dozens of guns I got to shoot as a kid. My fathers old model 77 tang safety has been used roughly by him, my nephew & son. Finally got a load that it shoots well - would loan it out but it has sentimental value too.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Loaner came together nicely. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Though in fairness,only shot it to 1300yd steel yesterday,due the HORRIBLE weather conditions. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I leave a stainless CZ 455 .22LR with a cousin of mine who lives in another state, mainly for him to use if he wants to, or for me to use whenever I'm visiting. He takes good care of his stuff, and I have no qualms leaving it with him. I've borrowed a rifle from him for my first deer, and a shotgun for my first goose and turkey. I did my best to return them to him in the same condition they were lent.

We have another cousin down the road who could bend an anvil with a turkey feather. I wouldn't go pale if I had to leave a good rifle with him, though, if he broke it, no matter, he's more than paid for it with the adventures we've had as kids. It's all just stuff, family is more important. We've all grown up together, and would likely do anything for each other if need be, and sometimes I'm the one in need. We're family, that's how it is.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I bought a Vanguard 30-06 from a pawn shop and put a weaver V9 on it for a loner. It shoots good. I would use it.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I bring a spare shotgun or rifle, in case somebody in camp has theirs takes a dump.

Backup rig, not really a loaner but could be.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by hookeye
I bring a spare shotgun or rifle, in case somebody in camp has theirs takes a dump.

My father in law always brought a model 94 in 32 Special to Camp for that reason

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
All my guns are loaners. except my Glock 19.
I'm not particularly found of it, but it has a job to do and it is with.me.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
O
OAM Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Originally Posted by moosemike

My father in law always brought a model 94 in 32 Special to Camp for that reason

One of my all-time favorite rifles.

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
I can’t say I have “loaners” but I do have rifles I have loaned. An M77 .270 was loaned to a Buddy who was invited to go to deer camp for the opening day of PA whitetail rifle season. He held onto the rifle for the full two weeks and brought it back at the end of the last day of the season. He had bought a box of shells because “he wanted to bring something of his own to camp” and gave them to me when dropping off the rifle. I was happy to help him out - I just wish he had shot a buck that year!

Another Buddy of mine has a CZ 452 22LR. He borrowed it one day for small game hunting. At the end of the hunt, he asked to hold onto it for the rest of the season so he could continue to hunt. Then it stayed with him so he could have his young boys learn to shoot. He still has it, a year-and-a-half later. I know it is in good hands between him and his family. I could get it back at any point in time and know it will be just as it was when I gave it to him!

Most of the time the lending of firearms for a hunt it worth it in my mind - allowing someone to borrow something I wouldn’t be using so they can make memories of their own and hopefully put some meat on the table. With that said, I wouldn’t loan to anyone. Close friends and family.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by moosemike

My 94 32 Special is special I wouldn't loan it to anyone period.

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
IC B3

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I have a Mossberg Maverick .270 Bolt Action (similar to the 100 ATR) with a 2.8-10x Weaver 40/44 scope on it. I have probably $300 total in it. Most people I know already have hunting equipment but I keep it as a loaner.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I let my buddy’s son use my spare Tikka 7mm-08 to kill his first buck. I was with him the whole time so not a big deal.

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Had a coworker loan a Marlin 30-30 to his nephew a few years ago and forgot about it. A couple of years went by and another coworker pulled him aside and asked him to check out a used Marlin 30-30 sitting in the rack at a LGS. Later that day he went and looked at the rifle, he recognized the scope and sling right away. He kept his cool and asked the owner to set the gun aside for an hour or so. Called his sister and later that evening she brought her son to the shop and he bought the rifle back and returned to him. They werent speaking for a couple of months, but they eventually made amends.

N
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
N
Remington 7400 in 280 Rem for backup/loaner. Bought as a project with pitted chamber, and beat up bluing and wood. There is nothing anyone could do to it that would bother me. It runs five cartridges as fast as you can yank the trigger.

"Their minds are dead" - Carmine Ricca
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don't know of any hunters around here that don't have at least a couple of there own. I have loaned mine a couple times when my out of state brother would come during hunting season but that's it. He has his own but on a short visit isn't worth going through the airport.

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (1OntarioJim, 2500HD, 1234, 11point, 160user, 10ring1, 73 invisible), 3,033 guests, and 1,203 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,336
Posts18,468,682
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.