Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
jorgeI Online Content OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
In case anyone steals them, So I retired my Officer's model (6+1) and went off to the gun shop to handle a Sig P-365 as many of you have waxed eloquently about them. My next door neighbor suggested I try the G48 so I handled them both. The Glock came home with me, especially with the "Blue Label: pricing. Thoughts?

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
BP-B2

C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
I have the Sig. I doubt that there’s a lot of difference in quality and functionality among most of the good brands these days, but the Sig is the only pistol that size that I’ve ever shot that is actually pleasant to shoot. The best way I can describe it is that it “shoots a lot bigger than it is.” I can hit with it faster and better than with any other little pistol I’ve ever used. Maybe it’s just how it fits my hands. I’ve got nothing against Glocks, I have a few of them and I have a Blue Label coupon burning a hole in my pocket at the moment. Shoot the Glock, if you like it, great. If you don’t think it’s perfect for you, shoot a 365. If it works for you like it does for me, maybe you can trade in the Glock for one.

Mathew 22: 37-39

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by jorgeI
In case anyone steals them, So I retired my Officer's model (6+1) and went off to the gun shop to handle a Sig P-365 as many of you have waxed eloquently about them. My next door neighbor suggested I try the G48 so I handled them both. The Glock came home with me, especially with the "Blue Label: pricing. Thoughts?

Why the Glock over the Sig?

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
jorgeI Online Content OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
It really did fit my hand better and a 200 dollar price delta. i view Glocks as "throwaways" anyway, but they are very reliable, but if it gets stolen or hard use, no biggie. Actually, I had the Sig in mind because I knew you liked them.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I went Glock after shooting side by side with the Sig 365 also. Going in the Glock was my 3rd choice, but after renting a few options at a range, it was the one that I shot best.

IC B2

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Threw a RMRcc on my G48 with SA mags. It's my primary.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
It really did fit my hand better and a 200 dollar price delta. i view Glocks as "throwaways" anyway, but they are very reliable, but if it gets stolen or hard use, no biggie. Actually, I had the Sig in mind because I knew you liked them.

I went Sig because of the better trigger and magazine capacity. I carry my Sig with the 15 Rd magazine

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
I really like my G48. I've messed with the sigs and there's a lot to like, but not enough to make the swap.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I would try the Hellcat and the S&W Shield Plus before making a decision. Between these four, there may be no wrong answer.

Assuming the new version is like the old ones, my choice would be S&W. My last choice would be the Glock. The two in the middle are kind of a toss-up. The Smith is relatively unproven in this iteration though.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Shield Plus for the win.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
IC B3

jorgeI Online Content OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jwp475

I went Sig because of the better trigger and magazine capacity. I carry my Sig with the 15 Rd magazine

There is an after market 15 rounder for the Glock now. My neighor has them. Shot them and totally reliable. Anyway, I think SIGs are step up from Glocks overall.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The only Colt I own that gets CC'd is my .38 Super Government model and it's really rare I carry it anymore. If I'm carrying a full size, I carry my LW Commander (which is a S&W), but mostly I just pocket carry a .380 because I live in a very low crime area.

My Colt's are mostly for sport shooting. I don't have very many, and the one's I have aren't super-collector's pieces; just average guns made by Colt. I'd love to have a full on presentation cased engraved SAA, but I'm on a beer budget (more like a light beer budget).

[Linked Image]

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
575 members (219 Wasp, 007FJ, 160user, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 55 invisible), 2,356 guests, and 1,094 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,597
Posts18,398,204
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.