Page 12 of 24 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 23 24
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by pete53
well its to late for that young man he is dead , yes he should have not resisted but if i was a cop i would have just let him go and caught him later at home if he needed to be arrested. simple thing to do and no one gets hurt . some how some way someone needs to figure out how these young black people got to learn not to resist a police officer and behave themselves ????

Because he’s calm and compliant at his house?

And fortified.. with more weapons.

LMAO.

He'd probably forget about the outstanding warrant if at home too, you know be all chill.

FJB & FJT
GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by jwp475

How do you prove a mistake of fact?

Typically, the mistake that the defendant made must be a reasonable one. In other words, in order to be able to use mistake of fact as a defense at all, the mistake that the defendant made must have been one that an ordinary person would have made under the circumstances

Standby for another paragraph of imaginary bullschit.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
A woman panicked in a high stress situation, there's nothing unusual about that.

They shouldn't be cops or soldiers, period.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Well meaning doesn't negate negligence

Not tortious negligence. No. You're correct. She could easily lose a lawsuit for falling short of her level of duty of care, and that regardless of good and praiseworthy intentions.

She was a LEO, she is taught the difference between a firearm and a tasser. She put them on her belt. Definitely negligence

She will also loose the criminal case for negligence

Last edited by jwp475; 04/15/21.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by rainshot
Too many tools to chose from. Too many different rules of engagement in too many different circumstances. When something happens fast I'm not going to bitch about an officer grabbing a gun instead of a taser because it's time to act. If you don't want to get your ass shot; DON'T RESIST ARREST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agreed.

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

It's an affirmative defense, so the standard of proof would be mere preponderance of evidence, i.e., a reasonable person would conclude, based on the facts asserted by the defense (along with proffered evidence), that it's more likely the case than not. I think such things as her voice having been recorded saying, right before the shooting, "I'm going to Taser you," while holding the Glock, and then her voice, after the shooting, expressing surprise, stating "I just shot him," would satisfy the standard.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

It's an affirmative defense, so the standard of proof would be mere preponderance of evidence, i.e., a reasonable person would conclude, based on the facts asserted by the defense, that it's more likely the case than not. I think such things as her voice having been recorded saying, right before the shooting, "I'm going to taser you," while holding the Glock, and then her voice, after the shooting, expressing surprise, stating "I just shot him," would satisfy the standard.

A reasonable person would conclude that she is a police officer trained in the use of deadly force and non lethal force. She knows the difference between a firearm and a tasser. She also puts each on her belt and knows where she put each.

Definitely a case of negligent homicide

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

It's an affirmative defense, so the standard of proof would be mere preponderance of evidence, i.e., a reasonable person would conclude, based on the facts asserted by the defense, that it's more likely the case than not. I think such things as her voice having been recorded saying, right before the shooting, "I'm going to taser you," while holding the Glock, and then her voice, after the shooting, expressing surprise, stating "I just shot him," would satisfy the standard.

My wife just shook her head and said" Women have no business being street cops. They can't handle the stress.". She had worked for a while as as dispatcher at our local PD and said she couldn't handle it. She's a real anomaly, a level-headed woman. She is the first to say the same.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
A woman panicked in a high stress situation, there's nothing unusual about that.

Agreed.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Sorry, but that's incorrect. Negligent homicide is not a simple combination of 1) the standard for tortious negligence and 2) a resulting death.

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by luv2safari

My wife just shook her head and said" Women have no business being street cops. They can't handle the stress.". She had worked for a while as as dispatcher at our local PD and said she couldn't handle it. She's a real anomaly, a level-headed woman. She is the first to say the same.

She's correct, IMO.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Sorry, but that's incorrect. Negligent homicide is not a simple combination of 1) the standard for tortious negligence and 2) a resulting death.

You are totally clueless

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

You are totally clueless

Okay.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Definitely a case of negligent homicide.
She clearly recklessly caused the death of another person.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

I don’t think most 25 year veterans of Brooklyn Fugking Center, MN would consider that a high stress situation.

I’m pretty sure they’d classify it as a weekday.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by deflave

I don’t think most 25 year veterans of Brooklyn Fugking Center, MN would consider that a high stress situation.

I’m pretty sure they’d classify it as a weekday.

Sure seemed high stress to her.

W
Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
W
Holy crap , how many lawyers do we have on this thread ?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Need some "Day with no Police"

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by add

11 - Stupid RC drops her service pistol in the middle of the street, because that's how you insure there's no accidental drop fire discharge.

The wires must have pulled it out of her hand when the perpetrators drove away.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

You are totally clueless

TRH managed to be 100% wrong in every regard.

LOL

Arrogance and ignorance is a horrible combination.

Page 12 of 24 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 23 24

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

645 members (1234, 19rabbit52, 007FJ, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 1936M71, 61 invisible), 2,587 guests, and 1,240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,692
Posts18,456,554
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.