Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
erich Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Early review.

I love the bow Muzzy LV-X and the Muzzy reel. The bow is great, I can do all the set up myself as no need for a limb compressor, nothing to keep timed and simple adjustment for weight and draw. I was trying to set the limb stops and and did lock it up drawn but was able to hold the string and kick the limb with my foot to release it. The bow is very smooth drawing and I have a roller guide on order. The bow is heavy which I wouldn't like for a hunting bow where I'm going to carry it out in the field but on the boat it is just fine. I've taken it out and shot it a number of times and again no draw backs. The bow comes with a line puller attached to take the strain off the reel on big fish.

I've watched a number of videos on setting up an V-X for bow fishing and really am liking the idea of tying the string to the rear of the arrow with a spinner. You can't draw the bow if you forget to release the reel and it is very easy to switch arrows, it seems to shoot just fine that way. The safety slides work better with the wrap reel.

pics in a bit
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Suprisingly the best price I found was on Amazon and seeing as I'm living on the desert bowfhishing isn't in big demand at our local archery shop. I take days out fishing and the lake is only 70miles away and lots of camping.

Last edited by erich; 04/10/21.

After the first shot the rest are just noise.

Make mine a Minaska

Heaven has walls and rules, H-ll has open borders
GB1

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Did your string and cables hit the spec?
Heard earlier ones were not quit right.
There are some boutique places that have some upgrades, reportedly adds zip.

Lever bows are cool.
Have had three Oneida Aeroforce, two Strike Eagles and one Screaming Eagle.

Honey Creek Archery does rebuilds. Think I might see about an LFM. Think owner said he had one I could try.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Think I got power cables from G Rex before too.
American Eagke Bows had orig Oneida parts, but think hes slowed way down.

Dunno if hes making bows or has the website up anymore.

Looked at a G Rex Gnat. Wish they made it a little longer and 60# for reg hunting.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Have misophonia and the pok sound from an AMS really freakin annoys me. Works good, sound I cant stand.
Used o rings and washers to quiet mine down a fair bit, but drove me up a wall anyway.

I need to test a rig like you have.

Last edited by hookeye; 04/13/21.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Thanks for the write-up erich, keep us posted.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B2

I
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I
Nice write up sir. Thank you

erich Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I just got back from Caballo and had a blast with the bow. Water is very low and all the areas that used to have vegetation are dry , even my campsite would have been under water last spring. Instead of being in the shallows they were in the rocks along the shore. I did kill six for the smoker and ended up breaking three arrow tips but had a blast, I got back and ordered a dozen replacements and six more arrows for the bow, surprisingly the 6 for $40 arrow worked just as well as the $20/each arrow. I remove the safety slides anyway.

The bow worked great, and I love the Muzzy reel, it really speeds things up. All in all it was a great investment. I'm really shocked at how the price increased in two month, nearly up 1/3.

After the first shot the rest are just noise.

Make mine a Minaska

Heaven has walls and rules, H-ll has open borders

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

621 members (007FJ, 01Foreman400, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 66 invisible), 2,034 guests, and 1,200 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,257
Posts18,448,126
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.