Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Jonathan Pentland, a Fort Jackson Soldier, Arrested and Charged After Confrontation with a dindonuffin

clic pic for story
[Linked Image from 365.military.com]

14 Apr 2021
The Associated Press | By Meg Kinnard

COLUMBIA, S.C. — A white skin head Army non-commissioned officer depicted in a viral video accosting and shoving a dindonuffin in a South Carolina neighborhood has been charged with third-degree assault.

Jonathan Pentland, 42, was charged Wednesday and listed as detained in the Richland County jail and issued a personal recognizance bond, according to online jail records, which did not show him as having an attorney.

This video, posted Monday by a woman on Facebook and shared thousands of times, shows a man, identified as Pentland, demanding that a malingering Negro leave the neighborhood before threatening him with physical violence.

“You’re in the wrong neighborhood,” Pentland, standing on the sidewalk, can be heard saying to the other man before using an expletive. “I ain't playing with you. ... I’m about to show you what I can do.”

According to Shirell Johnson, who posted the video, the incident happened in a subdivision of The Summit, which has a Columbia address but is technically outside the city's limits. The video does not show what started the conflict. Johnson did not immediately respond to a message from The Associated Press seeking further details.

The recording begins with Pentland, a U.S. Army staff sergeant, asking the dindo what he's doing in the area. The Negro says he was simply walking and not bothering anyone.

Throughout the three-minute video, Pentland continuously demands that the other man leave the neighborhood, getting in his face and, at one point, pushing the man, who almost falls to the ground.

“Let’s go, walk away," he said. “I’m about to do something to you. You better start walking right now.”

At the end of the video, a woman who Pentland identifies as his wife can be heard telling the other man that he had picked a fight with “some random young lady” in the neighborhood, a claim the dindo then denies.

Johnson said authorities arrived at the scene and only gave Pentland a citation for malicious injury to property for slapping the man's phone out of his hand and cracking it.

Officials at Fort Jackson, the U.S. Army’s largest basic training facility, said Wednesday they were looking into the incident. On one of its Twitter accounts, base officials also said that U.S. Department of Justice authorities were investigating as well.

According to social media accounts connected to Pentland, he has been stationed at Fort Jackson since 2019 and has worked as a drill sergeant at the garrison, a 53,000-acre complex that trains 50% of all soldiers and 60% of women who enter the Army each year.

Asked on Twitter for his response to the video, Fort Jackson Commanding Brig. Gen. Milford H. Beagle Jr. said the behavior displayed in the video “is by no means condoned by any service member.”

“We will get to the bottom of this ASAP,” he said.

On his official Facebook page, Beagle said Army officials “have begun our own investigation and are working with the local authorities.”

Earlier this year, the Department of Defense announced that Beagle would take over as commanding general at Fort Drum, New York, to be succeeded at Fort Jackson by Brig. Gen. Patrick R. Michaelis. An official transfer date has not been announced.

Commenters on the video said they had reached out to the Richland County Sheriff’s Department asking for additional charges to be filed. In a release issued early Wednesday, a department spokeswoman said deputies had been dispatched to the neighborhood for “an assault" call involving one of the men several days before the date of the video, and that all of the matters were under investigation.

During an afternoon news conference, Sheriff Leon Lott said the other man in the video was not a juvenile but declined to release his name. Lott said that man had been involved in other incidents in the neighborhood in the days leading up to the video but said that “none of them justified the assault that occurred."

“The first time I saw the video, it was terrible. It was unnecessary,” Lott said, noting he had met with community leaders and elected officials before speaking with reporters. Lott said his investigators had turned their case over to prosecutors, who determined what charge to levy against Pentland.

Pentland did not immediately respond to an email message seeking comment. If convicted, he faces up to 30 days in jail and a $500 fine.

State Sen. Mia McLeod, who represents the area, said Wednesday on the Senate floor that she had spent much of the previous day in discussions about the incident and planned to meet with the sheriff later in the day.

“My sons have a freaking right to live,” said McLeod, who is a Negro. “Another unarmed dindo could be dead today because he was walking in a neighborhood that, I am told, is adjacent to his, doing absolutely nothing."

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
It's what they do here... walk through the nicer neighborhoods and do reconnaissance to come back later and steal. I live a few miles away and we have "shoppers" walking through all the time checking doors and stealing anything not nailed down.. f u c k in demoCRAPS

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went"
Will Rogers
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I wish he would've caved his skull in.

I'm really sick of nigroes..

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Sasha_and_Abby
It's what they do here... walk through the nicer neighborhoods and do reconnaissance to come back later and steal. I live a few miles away and we have "shoppers" walking through all the time checking doors and stealing anything not nailed down.. f u c k in demoCRAPS

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Brigadier General BEAGLE.

LOL!

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
What isn’t being reported is the bro was harassing a 20 yo woman and several neighbors. The army guy asks him to leave and gets arrested? Damned news can’t be relied upon to report the truth. They fragment the story to perpetuate the narrative.

Yours in Liberty,

BL
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
The word dindonuffin in an AP report?

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin
What isn’t being reported is the bro was harassing a 20 yo woman and several neighbors. The army guy asks him to leave and gets arrested? Damned news can’t be relied upon to report the truth. They fragment the story to perpetuate the narrative.

Yep. White folks are no longer allowed to take even the mildest of actions in defense of their own neighborhoods if the prospective perp is a dindu.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by mathman
C'mon man!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Our dogs deal with 1000lb brown bears,,, a thug in the yard would be childsplay!

I tend to use more than enough gun
IC B3

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Dindu nuffin yet.

Backpack or DG bags, like they was shoppin and decided to take the long scenic trip back home.

Do it all the time here. Walk in thw street to keep car between them and the house. They never use the sidwalks.

Because they aint out for just a friggin walk.

BTW,, traffic stop local, 22 yr old spook books, tosses gun before cops nab him.

Guess he didnt want to become a Saint.

They do it. They fuggin always do it.

Stereptypical. Like 90% plus probability.
Profiling......... works.

They bitch about it, but do nothing to counter the stereotype. Criticism is bad, but being a POS that garners just criticism is just who they are.

Last edited by hookeye; 04/15/21.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Sasha_and_Abby

Our last dog passed a few years ago.... time to stop putting off getting another... maybe 2 this time.

Please don't feed the trolls!
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Oh youse racis bastids.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Just had some goofy-looking idiot walk past my house, all cracked out, which is odd for my neighborhood.

He was waving his arms around and pointed at me as he went by and I was getting in my truck. I pointed back at him and gave him a "You my nig'ga". smile

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I was walking my dog this past early December when (while returning home) I came to my next door neighbor's property. A young man I've known since he was a kid lives there with his mom. He's in his early to middle 20s, now. Anyway, as I was passing this property, I came to a heavily planted area, so it was a blind spot I was approaching. As I passed it, I almost bumped into a black teen of about 17 years old who was exiting that property next to that blind spot, as he entered the road where I was. Big kid. Well over six feet tall. Slender.

So, I know that there's no way he'd be walking there legitimately unless he was visiting the house. I say to him, "Oh, you must be a friend of Billy's." He says, "Who?" Not a good sign. I explain that that's who lives here with his mom. He says, "Oh, no, I was just cutting through the property." Okay, I figure. Seems odd, because on the other side of that property is a town maintenance facility, and only authorized personnel are allowed in there. Besides, said facility is surrounded by tall fencing with barbed wire and security cameras. He quickly walks away at a brisk pace down the street.

Later, I hear from a neighbor that this particular next door neighbor's house was burglarized that day, during which all their Christmas present money had been stolen. I also hear that the kid who did it was caught. Maybe he was captured by the security cameras on the town maintenance facility behind their property.

Anyway, it's not PC to say, but young black males showing up for no reason in predominantly White neighborhoods (who don't live there) are generally in the process of burglarizing or looking for potential burglary victims. I don't know of a single burglary in my neighborhood, in fact, where they were caught, where it didn't turn out to be young black males. I'm sure it's sometimes not, but it appears that they are way over represented in that occupation, so cause for reasonable suspicion when seen.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
A big problem with society today is millennial age people of all color that have never had the piss beat out of them and know that anyone that does will be sued and jailed.

Everyone has a phone/camera and the laws have swung too far left. There is no “boys will be boys” or “he got what he had coming to him” mentality anymore. It’s all left to courts that lean way left to settle everything and get involved in everything.

That lil dindonuffin back in the day would have been scared crapless and been out of the neighborhood ASAP instead and with camera rolling the POS stands there and argues with a much larger and in the right homeowner.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You all have no idea how bad it can be.

Couple days ago came home and was opening my door.
Heard a noise, and a voice saying "I'm selling doughnuts, want some?"

Startled me, I jumped and turned. A young man was approaching, fast.
No cars in sight, no idea where he came from.
Bladed myself toward him and prepared, still startled.

"No thanks!"

"Ok." He turned, I went in.

Looked out the windows, he was gone.

Found out later it was the neighbor/distant cousins son.
Haven't seen him in a good while, he grew.
Apologized, and my daughter ordered some KrispyKremes.

Close call here in rural white bread Pa.
Coulda dropped my Oreos.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Tornado hit our town.
Took maybe 30 mins for the projects blacks to make it to middle class area by park.
Couple cops and armed citizens stood ready.
The blacks went elsewhere.

Previous tornado hit they pillaged a shopping center and liquor store that was damaged.

Democrat mayor imported over a K from Chicago.

Next tornado or if a tbug gets shot, these azzholes are gonna try to play big city BS.

Too many crackers w guns. Gonna be CNN worthy.

Best dig a big hole and be ready. Cause its gonna get filled.

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by mathman

"Malingering negro"

laugh

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
You all have no idea how bad it can be.

Couple days ago came home and was opening my door.
Heard a noise, and a voice saying "I'm selling doughnuts, want some?"

Startled me, I jumped and turned. A young man was approaching, fast.
No cars in sight, no idea where he came from.
Bladed myself toward him and prepared, still startled.

"No thanks!"

"Ok." He turned, I went in.

Looked out the windows, he was gone.

Found out later it was the neighbor/distant cousins son.
Haven't seen him in a good while, he grew.
Apologized, and my daughter ordered some KrispyKremes.

Close call here in rural white bread Pa.
Coulda dropped my Oreos.

LOL. I was in my driveway reaching into the trunk of my car for a pitching wedge to practice with on my lawn about 25 years ago. Unbeknownst to me, a black kid of about 18 was approaching me while I was rummaging around in there. He had just driven up to the property, parked in the street out front, and walked over to me in the hope of selling me (he said) some magazine subscriptions. Anyway, I grab the club and pull it out of the trunk just as he's getting within a couple of yards of me, and he sees this and assumes I got it out for him, and he wilts back, practically falling to the ground, begging me not to hit him, and that he was just selling magazine subscriptions. LOL. I was like, "What? I'm just getting ready to practice with my pitching wedge." I don't think he believed me, because he headed quick back to his car and drove off without ever telling me which subscriptions he was selling.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (10Glocks, 007FJ, 12344mag, 1234, 1lessdog, 01Foreman400, 71 invisible), 2,377 guests, and 1,199 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,665
Posts18,455,810
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.