Print Thread
Hop To
Page 14 of 24 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 23 24
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by jwp475

An example of a case where the mistake of fact was not found to be an adequate defense can be found in Allen v. State, 290 Ga. 743, (2012). There the defendant believed that the victim was not in the trajectory of the bullet fired at a third party. The Court ruled that his belief did not constitute the type of mistake of fact that would serve as a defense to malice murder or other crimes."

Of course. It has to be relevant and exculpatory.

BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WYcoyote
The hypocrisy of this case and the Ashli Babbitt shooting is astounding.
We knew this officer’s name almost right away, as every news media outlet in the country reported it. And she was charged within a day or so.
We still don’t know the name of the officer who killed Ashli Babbitt. And nobody in the mainstream media is even asking, as they don’t care. And the power’s that be have already announced that that officer won’t be charged.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by antlers
We knew this officer’s name almost right away, as every news media outlet in the country reported it. And she was charged within a day or so.
We still don’t know the name of the officer who killed Ashli Babbitt. And nobody in the mainstream media is even asking, as they don’t care. And the power’s that be have already announced that that officer won’t be charged.

That Capitol shooter sure didn't mistake his weapon for a taser.

And nothing but crickets.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
The dead guy is criminal scum. Not convicted yet but probably was guilty.
But the female cop screwed up big time and she is guilty of a felony.
That is my opinion.

Meanwhile, she is now in a Living Hell. One week ago she was making $85 K a year as an officer. Probably looking forward to retirement in 3 years at full salary. Had a nice house there in Minnesota. She was all set up for a good life.
Today, the cops have had to put up New Jersey walls around her house, because the media released her name and address 2 days ago. Several police cars are stationed at her house. Nice of the media to release her name, when we still don't know the name of the Capitol shooter.

She is at an undisclosed location, probably with armed police bodyguards, because BLM types would surely kill her if they found out where she was. She is going to have to go into hiding, more or less go into a Witness Protection Service so she can hide out and not be killed. This is insane.

I think she will be found guilty and will serve jail time which, in my opinion, she deserves.

I don't know how these police pensions work but she might be deprived of her fat union police pension, "retiring" at 27 years service. The union will pay her massive legal fees, but she is still subject to massive civil suit, which she will certainly be served with, and will probably lose. Bye bye to that nice house, if BLM hasn't already burned it down.

This female officer is now in a Living Hell. She is a victim of an insane Liberal media plus her own mistake.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I remember this same thing happened at a subway station (or maybe it was on a subway car). Not sure where. But the cops were making mass arrests, and had everybody on the ground. One of the suspects wasn't 100% cooperating, and the cop (a man this time) pulled his Glock and shot him square in the chest. He thought he was holding his Taser. I don't think that cop was even arrested. I could be wrong, but I remember no follow up report of him being arrested. The shooting was a viral video that we discussed here. Might have been ten years ago.

IC B2

N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
I remember this same thing happened at a subway station (or maybe it was on a subway car). Not sure where. But the cops were making mass arrests, and had everybody on the ground. One of the suspects wasn't 100% cooperating, and the cop (a man this time) pulled his Glock and shot him square in the chest. He thought he was holding his Taser. I don't think that cop was even arrested. I could be wrong, but I remember no follow up report of him being arrested. The shooting was a viral video that we discussed here. Might have been ten years ago.

New Years '09 if my memory serves. BART officer.

Last edited by NH K9; 04/15/21.

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
The dead guy is criminal scum. Not convicted yet but probably was guilty.
But the female cop screwed up big time and she is guilty of a felony.
That is my opinion.

Meanwhile, she is now in a Living Hell. One week ago she was making $85 K a year as an officer. Probably looking forward to retirement in 3 years at full salary. Had a nice house there in Minnesota. She was all set up for a good life.
Today, the cops have had to put up New Jersey walls around her house, because the media released her name and address 2 days ago. Several police cars are stationed at her house. Nice of the media to release her name, when we still don't know the name of the Capitol shooter.

She is at an undisclosed location, probably with armed police bodyguards, because BLM types would surely kill her if they found out where she was. She is going to have to go into hiding, more or less go into a Witness Protection Service so she can hide out and not be killed. This is insane.

I think she will be found guilty and will serve jail time which, in my opinion, she deserves.

I don't know how these police pensions work but she might be deprived of her fat union police pension, "retiring" at 27 years service. The union will pay her massive legal fees, but she is still subject to massive civil suit, which she will certainly be served with, and will probably lose. Bye bye to that nice house, if BLM hasn't already burned it down.

This female officer is now in a Living Hell. She is a victim of an insane Liberal media plus her own mistake.

And society spirals down the toilet bowl..... swoosh
And they aren't smart enough to figure it out.....
White flight is happening on an historical scale...

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I generally like and support the police.... but they better figure out following the politicians whims will be a no win situation for them.

PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I

Absolutely no sympathy here. If one chooses to take the lives of other citizens into one's hands. One also accepts responsibility for care of those lives.

How about the babysitter who calls her boy friend over while she is on duty, and then the baby chokes to death on the bottle while babysitter is in the next room getting her jollies.

Same level of neglect.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by NH K9

Yes. That's it. Thanks. Did he serve time?

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

Absolutely no sympathy here. If one chooses to take the lives of other citizens into one's hands. One also accepts responsibility for care of those lives.

How about the babysitter who calls her boy friend over while she is on duty, and then the baby chokes to death on the bottle while babysitter is in the next room getting her jollies.

Same level of neglect.

Uh ... no.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N

Yes. That's it. Thanks. Did he serve time?

AGAin, I wouldn't swear to it, but I'm fairly certain he did a couple years after appeal.

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

AGAin, I wouldn't swear to it, but I'm fairly certain he did a couple years after appeal.

Can you research into it?

N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
"On November 5, 2010, Mehserle was sentenced to two years with double credit for time already served (due to California jail/prison overcrowding, one day in custody counts as two for most inmates), reducing his term by 292 days for the 146 days he has already spent in jail.[123] The judge overturned the gun enhancement, which could have added an additional 3 to 10 years to the sentence.[124][125] He was released from prison at 12:01 a.m. on June 13, 2011"

my apologies, the appeal was actually post-release.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

Same level of neglect.

Uh ... no.

You would be talking out of the other side of your mouth, were it you lying in the street bleeding out when you got tazed, er mistakenly shot, for getting between the cops and one of your dogs.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Idaho, the case you're comparing this to is one of making a choice to pursue pleasure at the expense of responsibility over an infant. This cop didn't make any such choice. She merely grabbed the wrong device during an exigent circumstance due to being flustered. A major screw up with a terrible outcome, for sure, but we don't measure degree of fault by the terribleness of outcomes under civilized law.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
No, what I am saying is the cop spent her time pursing her pleasures when she should have been learning to use the tools of her trade.

No thinking person could consider that grabbing a handgun from the wrong side of the body and holding it in the hand and aligning the sights while still thinking she was holding a TASER was the action of a rational twentyfive year veteran officer with a career involving the training of junior officers.

The officer was obviously NOT rational. She was obviously in full panic mode. After twenty five years on the force, she had the DUTY to recognize her lack of rationality and the duty to resign, or ask for desk duty. Instead, she spent her career hoping she never really had to face a dire threat instead of preparing herself to face it.

She placed the size of her paycheck as greater importance than the safety of the public she was sworn to defend. Just as the aforementioned babysitter placed her pleasures before the safety of her charges.

Yes, if I were on the jury, I would do everything in my power to convict her.

As I wrote before, had she made a conscious decision to shoot the perp in order to protect the public from the danger he would pose fleeing on the highway, I would fully support that choice.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
She was a FTO.

LOL

I believe her trainee was standing behind her.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular

She was a white Trump supporter and her killer was black. Therefore the shooting was justified and the shooter will be protected at all costs...

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by DeadHead

She was a white Trump supporter and her killer was black. Therefore the shooting was justified and the shooter will be protected at all costs...

She was also a felonious burglar threatening the safety of elected federal officials. In all reality participating in insurrection and an attempted coup.
(burglary: the act of entering a premises with the intention of committing a crime.
the burglary is a felony, even if the qualifying crime is not)

Because we do not like the people elected to congress, does not give us a right to threaten their security. If one does, one better be prepared to pay the price as Ashlee Babbitt paid.

It was a good shoot.

Do not be surprised if every person who entered the Capitol Building gets charged with Felony Murder in relation to Ms Babbitt's death.

Remember, the price of liberty is the blood of PATRIOTS, as well as tyrants. And the standing government defines the crimes.

Page 14 of 24 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 23 24

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
756 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 160user, 10gaugeman, 02bfishn, 83 invisible), 2,902 guests, and 1,233 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,704
Posts18,400,064
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.