Hop To
P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
The Canadian Press
Italian-Canadians to get formal apology for treatment during Second World War

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
GB1

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I’m way too lazy to google this. Plus, I’d like an unbiased explanation.

What’d y’all do to Italian-Canadians during WWII? Internment camps? Pizza boycott? Pass a law saying no one could wave their arms and hands while they talk?

Inquiring minds wanna know.......

P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P

OTTAWA — Prime Minister Justin Trudeau will issue a formal apology next month for the treatment of Italian-Canadians during the Second World War.

a man standing in a dark room© Provided by The Canadian Press
According to the Canadian Encyclopedia, 600 Italian-Canadian men were interned in camps in Canada after Italy allied with Germany and joined the war in 1940.

Some 31,000 other Italian-Canadians were declared enemy aliens.

Trudeau told the House of Commons Wednesday that his government "will right these wrongs" by issuing a formal apology in May.

In 1988, Canada formally apologized and offered $300 million in compensation to Japanese-Canadians, 22,000 of whom were interned in camps during the Second World War.

Trudeau did not say whether there will be compensation for Italian-Canadians.

He announced plans for the apology in response to a question Wednesday from Liberal MP Angelo Iacono.

"During the Second World War, hundreds of Italian Canadians were interned for the simple reason that they were of Italian heritage," Iacono told the Commons.

"Parents were taken away from their homes, leaving children without their fathers in many cases and families without a paycheque to put food on their tables. Lives and careers, businesses and reputations were interrupted and ruined, and yet no one was held responsible.

"Italian Canadians have lived with these memories for many years and they deserve closure.

Trudeau replied that Canadians of Italian heritage "deal with ongoing discrimination related to mistakes made by our governments of the past that continue to affect them to this day."

"I'm proud to stand up and say that our government will right these wrongs with a formal apology in the month of May."

This report by The Canadian Press was first published April 14, 2021.

The Canadian Press

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Unbelievable. But nothing the Turd does surprises me anymore.

H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
Who the heck cares.... we should apologize to every ethnic group, every sexual-orientation group, pretty much everyone, for everything.

IC B2

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
The Italians in New York were treated pretty bad. They were a minority group. My mom who was a little girl heard grown men yell to her saying " get out of this country you WOP. ( without papers) meaning an illegal. She is now 82 , and doing fine. She is getting ready to sell her last rental property. She did just fine and lives in Wisconsin.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Special Socks --- just trying to get a few more votes from the unaware.

It is interesting he apologizes for all kinds of things that happened in the distant past some of which were not the fault of Canada (British and the BC Indigenous) yet he never apologizes for his screw ups -- ethics violations, groping (she experienced it differently), multiple black face, total botch up on COVID, SNC, Mark Norman, defense shipping contract -- the list is long. His screw ups he just shrugs, deflects and walks away. Total BS.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Hugh
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
HughW;
Good evening to you and the rest of my fellow denizens of the Canada section. I hope that other than enduring our current federal government and the pandemic morass we're all attempting to negotiate, that each of you and your respective yours are well.

Honestly I'm not surprised any longer with the token virtue signaling and deliberate misrepresentations coming out of the Party Rulers and Prince Sparkle Socks.

Just last week the right Honorable Hangover Bill declared that Canadian firearms owners were in fact extremists - not all of us - but some of us were dangerous extremists, especially those of us active in CCFR etc.

While it's a guess on my part, I'd suggest that they'll be playing AAA hockey in Hades before this crew gives firearm owners an apology, that'd be safe money I'd suggest. frown

Anyways, we'll continue to endeavor to persevere as we always do and have, since it's the only viable option when one is, as I believe we are, which is to say possessing the moral high ground.

All the best to you all as we head into warmer days.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Dwayne all the best to you. I hope the lead into spring is treating you and your family well.

Here is the latest for Special Socks and his team as of today. Social media has this labelled as a small scandal based on the visual evidence.

https://nationalpost.com/news/polit...g-naked-on-camera-in-front-of-colleagues

An apology for this zoom call or the shutting down of the investigation into sexual misconduct violations by senior military or the continued open borders for travelers from other countries as present day problems that have happened under him would be to much to expect.

Hugh

Hugh
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Mornin, he doesn't give a chit about any ethnic groups or any native Canadians AT ALL, just the votes from each. He is not an IDIOT he is a low life USLESS PIECE of CHIT just like his old man!!!!!!!!!!! Most all politicians are the same, the bottom line is always ME ME ME & MON EY. Bill out 🐾👣🐾👣🇨🇦

IC B3

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That pos needs a haircut, spoiled entitled beotch.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Partsman
The Canadian Press
Italian-Canadians to get formal apology for treatment during Second World War

Well....I am( mostly) Italian and no we don't need an apology. Italian's dig in, fight the good fight, stand by God.
Proud of all the acronyms, WOP, Dago etc.
That guy is a wholesale embarrassment to Western Canadians, and he has a whole lot more to own up to...imo

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well, at least he hasn't opened your borders......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TimZ

He essentially has.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TimZ

Have you driven through Jasper, Golden, Ft. Nelson or those various communities in AB and BC? My goodness there are nothing but SouthWest Asian (I think.....maybe they're Indian???) folks working at gas stations and such. They seem to speak good english and were friendly enough so I had no issues with them, but their prevalence is absolutely noticeable.

I have no idea if their prevalence predates Trudeau's administration or know anything about Canada's immigration policies in general, but figured I'd mention that.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"Trudeau, your you're an idiot, who is next?"

Diction is important when you're calling someone from your country an idiot.

Just sayin'

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
At the beginning of WWII, Mussolini and the country were aligned with Hitler and at war with our troops in North Africa. Such actions might not have endeared Italy with the North American continent at that time so life might have been a bit tough for recent transplants during that era.

Last edited by 1minute; 04/15/21.

1Minute
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
HughW that cartoon made me laugh so much I spit beer on my keyboard grin . that dude is in the same class as our retard sock puppet POS pres.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

99 members (14idaho, 6mmCreedmoor, Akpilot, 300_savage, 1_deuce, 13 invisible), 1,608 guests, and 831 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,516
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.