Print Thread
Hop To
B
bbassi Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
Opinions on if this membership is worth the cost to help understand the different state draw systems and odds?

The chances they come, and the chances they go.
But the time. You don't get that back.

BP-B2

M
Campfire Regular
Online Sleepy
Campfire Regular
M
It has always been my mantra to do the research/scouting myself. There have been those lackadaisical bunch that then ask me for the personal data that I have gathered. Not firing a shot across your bow BTW. To them I reply that researching the hunt is a large part of the hunt. Some do not have a clue of what I am speaking. Oh well. Good ‘nuff! Some want to roll the dice to depend on others research. That is their right. But, not for this old hunter. Has worked well for me for decades. MTG

Vena dura, ocyus occide, excusas non offer!
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I have belonged to Hunting Fool for several years as I enjoy reading the stories and they provide good draw information. This past year I purchased a year of goHunt and have been impressed. They really break down the units and show the trends in each unit. If you are playing the points game and want good information then it's well worth the membership fee. When I joined they gave me $60 bucks in their online store so a year long membership was under $100.

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
It really depends on what your time is worth and how many states you want to apply in. They don't show really anything more than what you can find yourself with a bit of research and what they provide can only be as good as the info that's already out there. I have ran into some unit details that are out of date and wasn't congruent with my experience in the unit. With that said if you can afford it, it is pretty convenient being able to see harvest and draw statistics very quickly. Be sure they have offer states you are looking for as they don't have every draw state. I believe they are offering a free trial period right now as well. Let me know if you have specific questions on their offering.

No task is half-a$$ed more than the spelling of Creedmoor...
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Not as pricy, but also not as detailed.... Hunters Trailhead.com

$35/year

just give me the draw odds.... I can get the rest of my research from other places.

Last edited by mikieb; 04/24/21. Reason: punctuation

Well... we have come to the point.... where... the parasites are killing the host. It's only a matter of time now.

They only win.... when they cheat.
IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
674 members (1Akshooter, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 74 invisible), 3,190 guests, and 1,463 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,673
Posts18,399,532
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.