Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 19 of 21 1 2 17 18 19 20 21
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
All trial long we've heard the State's medical experts say how death was from the brain and heart being O2 starved. The defense is saying it was a heart or drug issue. How is your brain or heart O2 starved with an O2 blood saturation at 98%???? For me as a layman, the reason your brain doesn't get the O2 it needs when the blood is 98% saturated with O2 is because that O2 saturated blood isn't being pumped to the brain. Doesn't this make his death a cardiac death??

Any medical people here? What am I missing?

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by KFWA
when is this trial scheduled to wrap up?

When the jury announces its verdict. grin

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by cooper57m
All trial long we've heard the State's medical experts say how death was from the brain and heart being O2 starved. The defense is saying it was a heart or drug issue. How is your brain or heart O2 starved with an O2 blood saturation at 98%???? For me as a layman, the reason your brain doesn't get the O2 it needs when the blood is 98% saturated with O2 is because that O2 saturated blood isn't being pumped to the brain. Doesn't this make his death a cardiac death??

NOT A DOCTOR OR MEDICAL BACKGROUND HERE. But, this might actually be bad. If the O2 in the blood was high enough to sustain life, but the knee on the neck disrupts blood flow to the brain, wouldn't that cause death? It does imply his lungs where working, so the "I can't breath" thing becomes suspect.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by rainshot
The reason we're seeing so many people getting shot by police now is because the media, backed up by radical politicians, has led to the idea that one is justified in resisting arrest and obligated to resist. They have created an atmosphere where people are led to believe they are a hero and won't have any consequences for resisting. The media and democrats in general have put a target on the backs of all law enforcement officers and sadly or own FBI, DOJ and CIA have helped. Radical leftist ideology can only lead to one place; chaos.

I have been saying that for years.

Just this morning I had a conversation with my bud, Mannlicher. We were discussing the degradation of the Design District in Miami and it going back to the schithole it once was.

My reply:

Picked up 2 houses on 1 huge lot down there years ago. One needed some mild rehab. Groids in the house thought they didn't have to pay rent. (Weren't paying previous owner either). Reassured them they did. They refused. So I threw them out. Cawps come on debarcation day and baby daddy comes rolling up as his schit is being put on the swale. Aszhole starts threatening me right in front of them. Cawps, of course, doing nothing about it. In front of the cawps, I told the mother'fugker I'd shoot him in the fugkin head if he came near me.

Groids are allowed to make death threats in front of cawps, don't you know?

A lot of enabling done in the name of “social justice”.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Because he died from an OD of fentanyl. My understanding is Fentanyl kills by slowing the rate and depth of breathing, cause heart arrhythmia, blood pressure drop, etc. Positional asphyxiation may have also played a role. Plus he was also a fat ass with a bunch of health problems. Mix it all up and it’s a reason for free Nikes for all the natives

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Heart can be pumping but not actually moving much blood due to timing issues. Blood flow to the brain can be stopped by constricting all FOUR arteries at once. Clearly that was not happening.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D

Reportedly, he was at some risk from the adverse effects of hypoxemia/hypoxia for medical reasons. Now, as I understand liability law, you take'em as you find'em. For example if someone is injured and suffers added consequences because of underlying medical issues, the party causing the injuries get a double whammy.

So, the way the victim was handled may not have had such an adverse effect on someone without his underlying medical issues; it doesn't take the liability away from the causative actions.

So, given the political climate, given the ultimate outcome, given the optics of the officer's actions, I think he goes down for the count.

We'll see.

DF

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Follow me here. The State has said that death was not from the neck compression interfering with blood flow to the brain (the knee would have only compressed one carotid artery and there are two that supply blood). Their position has been he died from hypoxia, or insufficient oxygen in the blood due to restriction of breathing. You can't breathe, your O2 levels drop and then the brain and heart die. That insufficient O2 in the blood is what was supposed to have killed him. That's why one of the State's primary witness was a pulmonologist.

So, after hearing all about hypoxia for the entire trial, today we hear that his O2 blood saturation was at 98%. That's not hypoxia. I looked it up and anything above 95 is considered normal and people with COPD often have O2 blood saturation levels in the mid 80%. My sister when she got COVID had O2 levels in the upper 80%. The defense is saying that death was due to a cardiac event possibly caused or complicated by the drugs in his system. If his O2 level taken after his death was normal, how could his death be from hypoxia or low O2 levels?? From my thinking (I know that's dangerous) that makes the defense's cause of death theory the correct one.

I was waiting for the defense attn'y to ask the pulmonologist how death by hypoxia occurs with an O2 blood level of 98%? No, I wasn't waiting, I was jumping out of my chair begging my TV for him to ask that question.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Follow me here. The State has said that death was not from the neck compression interfering with blood flow to the brain (the knee would have only compressed one carotid artery and there are two that supply blood). Their position has been he died from hypoxia, or insufficient oxygen in the blood due to restriction of breathing. You can't breathe, your O2 levels drop and then the brain and heart die. That insufficient O2 in the blood is what was supposed to have killed him. That's why one of the State's primary witness was a pulmonologist.

So, after hearing all about hypoxia for the entire trial, today we hear that his O2 blood saturation was at 98%. That's not hypoxia. I looked it up and anything above 95 is considered normal and people with COPD often have O2 blood saturation levels in the mid 80%. My sister when she got COVID had O2 levels in the upper 80%. The defense is saying that death was due to a cardiac event possibly caused or complicated by the drugs in his system. If his O2 level taken after his death was normal, how could his death be from hypoxia or low O2 levels?? From my thinking (I know that's dangerous) that makes the defense's cause of death theory the correct one.

I was waiting for the defense attn'y to ask the pulmonologist how death by hypoxia occurs with an O2 blood level of 98%? No, I wasn't waiting, I was jumping out of my chair begging my TV for him to ask that question.

I am with you Cooper.I'd like to have that explained to me.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

'Preciate the commentary. Good info.

Tarquin
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Retracted

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I hope he gets found not guilty. The turds will riot no matter the outcome. They are allowed to burn the city down and klown harris bails them out. dims own it.

NRA Endowment Member
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I agree, they will riot either way.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by RJY66
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
I thought the CO bit was mostly bullshit.

He died because of drugs, a bad heart, struggling with police, and adrenaline. The defense showed a clip of Floyd repeatedly saying he couldn't breathe well before Chauvin even arrived on the scene. That to me, says it all.

Correct. Here is the video of the entire arrest. Most people only see the end from the news media....where Chauvin is kneeling on him....not where he resisted arrest for a full 30 minutes and was begged, pleaded, and sweet talked in an attempt to get him to behave.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...rrowing-final-moments-brutal-arrest.html

Anyone, who believes Chauvin killed him after watching that video, is a fuqing idiot.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

Originally Posted by Tarquin

We have the Dunning and Kruger legal panel right here.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I've not watched much of the trial but it seems to me the defense attorney left a lot on the table.

Last edited by Tarquin; 04/15/21.

Tarquin
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by copperking81

Cooper57's critique of the prosecution's evidence seems compelling to me. How could someone have died of asphyxiation when their 02 blood saturation level is at 98% post-mortem??

Tarquin
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

I am with you Cooper.I'd like to have that explained to me.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by copperking81

Cooper57's critique of the prosecution's evidence seems compelling to me. How could someone have died of asphyxiation when their 02 blood saturation level is at 98% post-mortem??

Because they’re lying.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I've not watched much of the trial but it seems to me the defense attorney left a lot on the table.

And you’re an idiot.

Page 19 of 21 1 2 17 18 19 20 21

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

630 members (06hunter59, 1eyedmule, 007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1936M71, 64 invisible), 3,250 guests, and 1,239 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,591
Posts18,454,313
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.