Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Does anyone have any knowledge of above outfitter in Colorado. I might be booking an elk hunt with them and have not been able to find many reviews of them online.
Thank you!

Last edited by slaptrigger; 04/16/21.

SLAP
GB1

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Don't. Just outside of Colorado Springs in Pike National Forest.There are heck of a lot better outfitters/elk hunting further west. I don't know if they have private land leased or not. If so,find out how much and exactly where you will be hunting.Pike National Forest is heavily used all year by all kinds of recreationist

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
From what I gather, any outfitter that has openings this time of year should bear very close scrutiny and good references. On the other hand, folks do cancel at any time. Good luck!

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
It is all public land that they hunt. It also sounds like they have quite a few hunters as well. From what I gathered, they essentially say, go hunt over here and provide you some gps coordinates. If you don’t see any elk, they provide you different coordinates for the following day. I thank you for the info!

Last edited by slaptrigger; 04/16/21.

SLAP
L
L
Saddle Sore,

I am the Hunting and Fishing Program manager for Mule Creek Outfitters in CO. I was curious about how you came to your opinion of our business. Mule Creek Outfitters has been around for 30 years and now has new ownership and management. We work 7 days a week getting ready for the hunting season and have brought in some great talent. We are striving to make every clients hunt a memory they will never forget. That's why I am curious about your opinion of our company. Did you hunt with us in the past? What experience did you base your opinion off? We work hard to establish a relationship with our clients. So, if there was a wrong doing in the past what can we do as a company to make it right?

Thanks,
Larry

IC B2

L
L
Slap,

We have our staff scouting as we speak, and we also pay our guides to do so. We take pride in knowing our hunting areas and have map briefs every morning in our map room. This takes place every morning prior to our hunters departing for their hunt. Yes we hunt private land, but all areas we will steer our clients to will greatly increase their odds of finding their animal. We will never send our customers on a wild goose chase and if we do give a GPS point for them to go to, we will have vetted the information prior. We try to make predictions where the animals are headed and debrief each other everyday when we come in from the field. I would also like to ask where did you gather your information on how we operate? I have not spoken to you in the past, that I know of, and my predecessor (who left because of severe health issues) was a VERY knowledgable hunter and guide. Unwarranted negative reviews severely hurt small business. We are family owned and veteran ran business. ( I am also a retired Soldier of a 20 year career) We want to be the best at what we do! So, I will ask you the same question.. what can we to to make your opinion of us better if you were wronged in the past? We are new ownership and we are committed to excellence. Thank you!

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Larry.

I remember when MCO base was a little east of Wilkerson Pass on HWY 24 and then it was on 67 near the road that leads up to the Crags.I guess you are in Lake George now.. When I checked a few years ago MCO was still in Pike National Forest with some leased land.

As stated, Pike National forest is heavily used all year by many different recreationalist and is very crowded in hunting season. I am 45 year elk hunter in Colorado and live in Colorado Springs. The OP is from PA it appears and is probably looking for a Wilderness or at least some thing a little more out of a crowded area. I myself would not think of hunting so close to the front range. If the OP is looking more for a dude type ranch or full lodging, he might be satisfied

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Larry,

On April 15th my father in law called and spoke with clay who provided the information to us. We were looking for a hunt in Colorado since we didn’t get tags in Montana. I don’t think anything I said was negative as I don’t have enough info about your operation thus the asking on the forum. Clay informed us if we had onX that he would provide us gps coordinates to a destination for our day hunt. He even informed us he would give us the exact Route to take on our onX. Also were told that you could have up to 30 hunters at one time. That seems like a lot to me but I guess it couldn’t be to some others? Also, we were told area 581 is where we would hunt on public land and would see other hunters. Is all of this info true or a miscommunication?

Thank you,
Slap

SLAP

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

446 members (222ND, 22kHornet, 10gaugeman, 1Longbow, 17CalFan, 1lesfox, 38 invisible), 1,966 guests, and 1,080 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,064
Posts18,463,401
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.