Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 15 of 24 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 23 24
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Every one of the founding fathers was a "felon". Just putting that out there.

I spend all my money on loose women and trapping supplies.....The rest I just waste.
GB1

C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
Mistakes happen. Add extreme stress and fluid/ dynamic circumstances and bad things happen. She (officer) had less then 1/2 of a second to make a decision and try to deal with that issue. Welcome to the LE world. Remember that many of the things we do are lawful but still awful. Mistakes can cost you, your life or another LE partner. Or an innocent citizen and last the bad guy/ suspect. The job could not be more complex and no day is like the day before. Remember that if you were given those circumstances to make decisions in your chosen field or career you will have bad outcomes. There is no way, not to have bad outcomes. Even the haters cannot deny that set of facts. Last, remember that we in the LE profession can be charged for the things we do when we take action and things we should have done and did not. Not an easy job these days,

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by cs2blue
Mistakes happen. Add extreme stress and fluid/ dynamic circumstances and bad things happen. She (officer) had less then 1/2 of a second to make a decision and try to deal with that issue. Welcome to the LE world. Remember that many of the things we do are lawful but still awful. Mistakes can cost you, your life or another LE partner. Or an innocent citizen and last the bad guy/ suspect. The job could not be more complex and no day is like the day before. Remember that if you were given those circumstances to make decisions in your chosen field or career you will have bad outcomes. There is no way, not to have bad outcomes. Even the haters cannot deny that set of facts. Last, remember that we in the LE profession can be charged for the things we do when we take action and things we should have done and did not. Not an easy job these days,

Well said.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

And this is why LEO always deserve the benefit of a doubt

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by MadTrapper375

Yes, they absolutely were. They knew when they started that their lives depended on winning the war and avoiding capture by the Brits until the war was won.

A bunch of them died on the battlefield and I would think on the gallows, but I can find no confirmation on the latter. It is documented that many soldiers were killed after surrender by both sides, including two American women caught tending wounded blue clad soldiers.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

If ever there was a Freudian slip, this was it.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by irfubar

Laughable is laughable and that woman's actions were 100$ laughable.

Especially for somebody that has done 25 years in Brooklyn Center's PD. Call me crazy but I do in fact expect experienced personnel in certain professions to have a distinguishing level of poise and professional bearing in the most extreme of circumstances.

I can't scrape up any sympathy on this one.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

Yes, they absolutely were. They knew when they started that their lives depended on winning the war and avoiding capture by the Brits until the war was won.

A bunch of them died on the battlefield and I would think on the gallows, but I can find no confirmation on the latter. It is documented that many soldiers were killed after surrender by both sides, including two American women caught tending wounded blue clad soldiers.

Reminds me of the scene in The Patriot, with Mel Gibson.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

A bottomless pit of wisdom you are. ..

How many times over are you a felon?

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

There is no doubt in this case that the female officer was/is totally in competent

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by deflave

Laughable is laughable and that woman's actions were 100$ laughable.

Especially for somebody that has done 25 years in Brooklyn Center's PD. Call me crazy but I do in fact expect experienced personnel in certain professions to have a distinguishing level of poise and professional bearing in the most extreme of circumstances.

Not only that, but this clown of a cop was an FTO. I mean we've all seen them (worthless, lazy, incompetent, idiots just hanging on to get the measly stipend) but gawd dam......this worthless sack was teaching people lol.

Says a lot about that department.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

It's not about sympathy. It's about acknowledging that no human being is a robot. Even the best have good days (when they are really on the ball) and bad days when they seem to have two left feet. There was apparently no mens rea on her part, which should put the matter outside the criminal courts.

And I agree that the ladies should be checking parking meters rather than interacting with dangerous felons as a profession.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

It's not about sympathy. It's about acknowledging that no human being is a robot. Even the best have good days (when they are really on the ball) and bad days when they seem to have two left feet. There was apparently no mens rea on her part, which should put the matter outside the criminal courts.

And I agree that the ladies should be checking parking meters rather than interacting with dangerous felons as a profession.

26 year veteran and she doesn't know the difference between her taser and her pistol

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by NH K9

AGAin, I wouldn't swear to it, but I'm fairly certain he did a couple years after appeal.

Can you research into it?

Are you talking about the shooting of Oscar Grant?

That cop was charged with 2nd degree murder. Convicted of manslaughter.

All appeals denied.

It's a frequent example in use of force training. It's one of the reasons departments and agencies make sure you know the difference between "tick-tick-tick" and "bang-bang-bang."

Complicated schit, I know.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Bold is true. Everybody makes mistakes, but when you kill someone, there's more that a letter of reprimand coming down the pike.

There are some things you absolutely at all costs can't f uck up. And mistaking you gun for a taser is one (unless you have justification for the use of deadly force...in which you won't go to jail, just look like a clown)

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

AGAin, I wouldn't swear to it, but I'm fairly certain he did a couple years after appeal.

All appeals denied.

It's a frequent example in use of force training. It's one of the reasons departments and agencies make sure you know the difference between "tick-tick-tick" and "bang-bang-bang."

In this day and age, the actual law will often go out the window in order to convict for the purpose of quelling the angry mobs. Sad reality.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy

Bold is true. Everybody makes mistakes, but when you kill someone, there's more that a letter of reprimand coming down the pike.

There are some things you absolutely at all costs can't f uck up. And mistaking you gun for a taser is one (unless you have justification for the use of deadly force...in which you won't go to jail, just look like a clown)

She was/is totally incompetent 26 years and she doesn't know the difference between her taser and her pistol

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

All appeals denied.

In this day and age, the actual law will often go out the window in order to convict for the purpose of quelling the angry mobs. Sad reality.

Can you research this and cite examples

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Your understanding of using force on other people is hovering between a zero and a zero.

You should listen more and type less.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by jwp475

Can you research this and cite examples

Consider the case of Derek Chauvin.

Page 15 of 24 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 23 24

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

497 members (222Sako, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 37 invisible), 2,552 guests, and 1,051 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,285
Posts18,467,851
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.