Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
You and many others have stated that the requirements of salvation are 1: Love Jesus, 2: ask forgiveness of Jesus, 3: Love thy neighbor
I have always maintained that ”salvation” is obtained by accepting God’s grace, by faith, and not because of anything else that one has or hasn’t done. I stand by that. I also maintain that “following Jesus” boils down to loving God, and demonstrating your love for God by loving others. I stand by that as well.
The intent of my question is: A preponderance of conservative Christians today hate and condemn all they consider to be immoral. How can these people possibly consider themself to be Christian when they so obviously do not love their neighbor, unless that neighbor has an identical skin tone, morality, and religious beliefs?
On the night before His Crucifixion, He even stepped it up... He gave us a new commandment...”you are to love one another the way that I have loved you.” This was so core, so central, that He said this, “by this kind of unique love everyone will know that you are my followers, if you love one another.” He said this is how His followers would be recognized.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
GB1

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Ruger4Life
I don’t claim to obey him, but you pretenders that say you know the way to be “saved”, and claim to obey him...ugh! Disturbing!

Here is another one for your repertoire........Matthew 5:27-28 "You have heard that it was said, ‘Do not commit adultery.’ But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman to lust after her has already committed adultery with her in his heart".

I'm guessing you have probably never had trouble with that one.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I'm back for a little while and see that you are all interested in the OP topic....Lol. maybe not.

That's ok since there's a more important one that is at hand.

I'm in a hurry, so I'll try to quickly address those on the first page first. However, I don't have time to get back until tonight unfortunately.
So if you want to continue a dialogue with me, you'll know to check back after dark. Just so you know that I'm not ignoring you.....unless you happen to be someone trolling with catfish bait or something. Lol.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
So, Happy Camper, which is it?
Do we keep the TEN commandments? Do we avoid strong spirits? Do we honor the laws of the Levites? Do we refuse to partake of the unclean flesh? Do we no longer need to wash before eating?

Or do we keep the rules we find convenient? Do we keep the rules as men have decided they should be altered in order to increase the size of the congregation and fatten the offering plate?

Or do we recognize the God of Abraham and Moses is the same God we pray to today. Do we know that what He told us 4000 years ago is as valid today as the day it was written, as God is Omnicient and Eternal.

Do we keep the laws as best we can, just as God handed them to us? And then pray Jesus will forgive our unavoidable transgressions?

Or do we just make up a list of rules we would like to keep?

Idaho shooter,

I answered that already.
I've been open about my stance on the Scriptures.
More than most in daily interactions.
Why is that? Someone cared enough about my eternal destiny when I was young. I want to pass that blessing forward. None of us are getting younger. Eventually everyone will either be truly blessed beyond their dreams, OR suffer........
Once you listen to the brief video links below in my signature, that will explain pretty thoroughly.
AFTER listening to that, if you have a specific sincere question I'm happy to answer that.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
So HC, does God think being a queer is worse than sexual harassment of the young girls in your congregation?
Just wondering.

Last edited by NVhntr; 04/16/21.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
IC B2

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by NVhntr
So HC, does God think being a queer is worse than sexuall harrassment of the young girls in your congregation?
Just wondering.

Did you not watch the videos?

Sheesh!

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bubbajay
Eat a dick, or maybe find a priest to do it for you.

Bubbajay,

This isn't the first time that you said this to me.

I have prayed for you and have forgiven you, in spite of the unprovoked insults and no apologies. You were marked off of my ignore list for a time.
It's not the way to get a prayer answered.

A man in the Bible trusted Christ as his Savior.
Then messed up with one of the disciples by offering him money for the power of the Holy Spirit.
He was rebuked. The man humbled himself, apologized, and asked that the disciple would pray to God that none of God's judgement would come upon him.

I respect that about the man in the book of Acts.
The example was given for our instruction

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Here’s what Messiah said you must DO in order to have eternal life:

Mat 19:16  And behold, a man came up to him, saying, “Teacher, what good deed must I do to have eternal life?”
Mat 19:17  And he said to him, “Why do you ask me about what is good? There is only one who is good. If you would enter life, keep the commandments.”
Mat 19:18  He said to him, “Which ones?” And Jesus said, “You shall not murder, You shall not commit adultery, You shall not steal, You shall not bear false witness,
Mat 19:19  Honor your father and mother, and, You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”
Mat 19:20  The young man said to him, “All these I have kept. What do I still lack?”
Mat 19:21  Jesus said to him, “If you would be perfect, go, sell what you possess and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow me.”
Mat 19:22  When the young man heard this he went away sorrowful, for he had great possessions.
Mat 19:23  And Jesus said to his disciples, “Truly, I say to you, only with difficulty will a rich person enter the kingdom of heaven.
Mat 19:24  Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the kingdom of God.”
Mat 19:25  When the disciples heard this, they were greatly astonished, saying, “Who then can be saved?”
Mat 19:26  But Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”
Mat 19:27  Then Peter said in reply, “See, we have left everything and followed you. What then will we have?”
Mat 19:28  Jesus said to them, “Truly, I say to you, in the new world, when the Son of Man will sit on his glorious throne, you who have followed me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
Mat 19:29  And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or lands, for my name's sake, will receive a hundredfold and will inherit eternal life.
Mat 19:30  But many who are first will be last, and the last first.

Smith and Wessons are Thoroughbreds; Rugers are Clydesdales —John Taffin
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Coming from a background of studying Ancient Greek for decades, and having read the New Testament 20+ times in the original Greek (and many sections of it many more times than that); perhaps I might have some insight that those of you do not. Is it possible? If all of you have “arrived” and are enlightened and are secure in your beliefs, then you will not care what I have to offer in my insight, and you will ridicule me as those that heard the Messiah mocked him. Sincerely open to more truth? I will tell you gladly!

I would be surprised if you didn't know something that I don't know. We all have different backgrounds and training; Strengths and weaknesses.

As for Greek, I doubt if many here speak fluent koine' Greek. You'd have better luck at a Greek Orthodox Monastery Club. They'd probably have conversational Greek down better than James White and his colleagues. I have doubts that you'd find any believers though. Lol.

Here, you'll find some imperfect and perhaps weak believers, but we do know our strong Savior.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Hey HC,

Here is some valuable information, that was life-altering for me:

1.). Almost every time in the NT that you encounter the phrase “believe in” Christ or the Father, the Greek should be properly rendered “be loyal/faithful to”.

2.). Every time your English NT reads “believe on Him/Me/Christ” it should read “rely/depend on”

3.). Faith should be rendered as faithfulness or reliance, depending on the context.

BTW, pastors and many Christians get greatly agitated and defensive when I point these things out to them. They feel threatened and some get angry. Humble people are more receptive than the arrogant it seems

IC B3

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I

Stop posting long videos without writing a summary of them.

I don't have time to watch an hour and ten minutes of some wack doodle stuff posted by a nut flake who can't write a summary.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Hey men, neither of you are on track. The “good news” of the Bible is nothing close to what you suppose it to be. Your arguments will never end, because your premises are based on “doctrines” that you have been taught

Please enlighten us, Ruger.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by antlers
“Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul. Love him with all your mind. This is the first and most important commandment. And the second is like it. Love your neighbor as you love yourself. Everything that is written in the Law and the Prophets is based on these two commandments.” - Jesus

Some people didn’t like the things that Jesus said and did. The Jewish ‘religious’ leaders in particular. So they killed Him. Some people still don’t like the things that Jesus said and did.

Others choose to see it differently. That’s fine with me. Those differences don’t change the reality of Jesus or His resurrection in any way whatsoever.

Again, will you be sharing Heaven with the queers, lesbos, pederasts, animal lovers, serial killers, etc. And will they be practicing their habits in Heaven?

Thats a lie.

Want to show where you got that false doctrine?

Last edited by jaguartx; 04/16/21.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by NVhntr
So HC, does God think being a queer is worse than sexual harassment of the young girls in your congregation?
Just wondering.

Thou shalt not bear false witness.....

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J

Mat 19:16  And behold, a man came up to him, saying, “Teacher, what good deed must I do to have eternal life?”

Many are knowledgeable about scripture. Satan is a perfect example.

Many study the scripture not to find GOD but to smite HIM.

I think you overlooked the fact that works wont get one saved.

Please, enjoy ridiculing those who arent free of having broken the Law. Good luck in your endeavor to live as perfect as Jesus, but, in fact, HE came and died for those because only HE could do that, so, you ridicule those who arent Jesus.

Maybe you best study that black book again. It appears it's truths have never sunk in.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by IndyCA35

I don't have time to watch an hour and ten minutes of some wack doodle stuff posted by a nut flake who can't write a summary.

Dont watch. Do you read books about Alice in Wonderland or Cinderella when you dont believe them?

Have you no control over whatever force that overcomes you and makes you watch videos of Biblical stories?

What force is driving you to do that, HIM or satan?

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by IndyCA35

How many minutes did you have to watch it before you realized what it was about and were evidently entranced to watch all of it?
whistle grin

I Dindo Nuffin
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God." (1 Corinthians 6:9-11)

Such WERE some of you. B U T ye are washed -- ye are sanctified -- ye are justified. If you get those sins, whatever they may be, under the atoning blood of Jesus Christ. Washed in the spotless blood of Jesus Christ. Imputed with HIS righteousness, cause mine is a train wreck.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Many are knowledgeable about scripture. Satan is a perfect example.

Many study the scripture not to find GOD but to smite HIM.

I think you overlooked the fact that works wont get one saved.

Please, enjoy ridiculing those who arent free of having broken the Law. Good luck in your endeavor to live as perfect as Jesus, but, in fact, HE came and died for those because only HE could do that, so, you ridicule those who arent Jesus.

Maybe you best study that black book again. It appears it's truths have never sunk in.

You just proved my point. When Christ says “sell all you have and give to the poor” it is very uncomfortable for modern so-called “Christians”. They get angry, defensive, and hateful at Christ’s words, and they love to ridicule the messenger.

Luk 16:13  No servant can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money.”
Luk 16:14  The Pharisees, who were lovers of money, heard all these things, and they ridiculed him. 🤔

Last edited by Ruger4Life; 04/16/21. Reason: Change

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Hey men, neither of you are on track. The “good news” of the Bible is nothing close to what you suppose it to be. Your arguments will never end, because your premises are based on “doctrines” that you have been taught

Please enlighten us, Ruger.

I just attempted to; read all my recent posts

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

606 members (10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 160user, 12344mag, 007FJ, 1234, 62 invisible), 2,894 guests, and 1,318 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,487
Posts18,452,031
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.