-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Not a fan of a hydostat tranny for anything beyond a lawn mower.

Black Cows Matter!
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Kenlguy
Say what you want and all of you have but I will never buy anything but a Blue Ford New Holland.

So there!

Nothing at all wrong with the blue.

Mine just happen to be green. grin

Black Cows Matter!
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I purchased a M7060HD12 open station 3 years ago. It's been good so far. As far as implements, I also purchased a rotary cutter, auger, box grader and pallet forks. I set the tractor up to use a quick hitch as hooking up Cat 2 implements to a 3-point can suck.

I've had one warranty claim where the lift cylinder was scratched and leaking. It was noticed at 94 hours. The dealer and Kubota came back and offered to provide the part if I paid for labor due to it being past the 1 year mark. I felt that could have been handled better and I'm not sure it's fixed as I still see it weeping.

The only recommendation I have it to buy bigger than you think you need and dealer support is as important as the color of the tractor.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
When I was shopping for a Compact, a JD, Kioti, Mahindra and Kubota made my short list, because they had dealerships within 30 miles. Having read considerably, It seems as if Kubota has the edge in reliability. Most assuredly the most loyal owners.

I'm not sure that's the case with all things considered.

Kubota is popular and sells lots of small tractors to small tract landowners.

But people that make their living with tractors don't usually buy a Kubota. They are probably fine for the weekenders. But those who live in a tractor usually buy a JD or a CNH.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by muleshoe

I don’t agree, if talking about machines under 60hp. Millions of hydro tractors in that size category that go 4000+ hours w/o incident of tranny problems. If you do any loader work the hydro is a game changer, you can keep you geared machines, convenience of hydro is a game changer.

IC B2

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
When I was shopping for a Compact, a JD, Kioti, Mahindra and Kubota made my short list, because they had dealerships within 30 miles. Having read considerably, It seems as if Kubota has the edge in reliability. Most assuredly the most loyal owners.

But people that make their living with tractors don't usually buy a Kubota. They are probably fine for the weekenders. But those who live in a tractor usually buy a JD or a CNH.

Only in the last few years has Kubota started making farm tractors. Kubota original made only utility tractors, the difference being the weight.
A local farmer here has 2 Kubota farm tractors and he claims they are the best tractors that he has owned

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Bot a new L3010 4x4 in 1998 w/ FEL and shuttle shift. We had a 10 acre wooded homestead with a steep driveway in Lake Effect Central Michigan. And a 120 acre hunting property too. That tractor was used all year round doing something. Big snows/ food plots and wildlife management/brush hogging/ timber management, etc etc . Had eight implements attached for various chores. Put over 1000 hours on it in 20 years and sold it for more than we paid for it. Never had one minutes worth of trouble in those 20 years. For smaller tractors around here, Kubota rules.

NRA Life Member
"Use Enough Gun"- Robert Ruark
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jwp475

Only in the last few years has Kubota started making farm tractors. Kubota original made only utility tractors, the difference being the weight.
A local farmer here has 2 Kubota farm tractors and he claims they are the best tractors that he has owned

Mahindra has done the same, with higher HP tractors.

My hay guy and friend (who is an avid JD man) used my Mahindra to help unload an 18 wheeler load of hay awhile back. He went on and on about how powerful and smooth it was. Said it was the best tractor he'd been in. smile Then asked how much I paid for it... grin

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I spent probably 40 years using Ford 9N or 8N's. Work them four hours,work on them 8 hours. I had JD 40 in the mix too.One day I was out in-10 degree weather putting a starter in one. Said screw it and checked around for dealers. The went 70 miles south to a dealer in farm country and bought a Kubota 2501 with bucket, blade and 3 ft hay spears. I could not see paying $20-$30 for vehicle, even more for a pickup, and not paying that for a decent tractor to work on.

Best decision I ever made.I no longer buck bales. I buy 3x3's and move them with tractor. I found a 5ft snowblower and it's a life saver.Going out to use it this AM.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by jwp475

Mahindra has done the same, with higher HP tractors.

My hay guy and friend (who is an avid JD man) used my Mahindra to help unload an 18 wheeler load of hay awhile back. He went on and on about how powerful and smooth it was. Said it was the best tractor he'd been in. smile Then asked how much I paid for it... grin

Mahindra has certainly upped their game and are producing an excellent tractor

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I had a Kubota for 27 years. Besides normal maintenance, the only part that ever needed replacing was the ignition switch.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I don't know anything about tractors and automatic transmissions, but I was reluctant to get anything but a manual transmission when I bought my Kubota. I had no regrets as a result of my choice. If I bought another, I would still go with a manual. However, for those who didn't grow up with manual transmissions in cars, an automatic might be a better choice in a tractor. Just seems they would be less durable, but that may not be true.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Kenlguy
Say what you want and all of you have but I will never buy anything but a Blue Ford New Holland.

So there!

Nothing at all wrong with the blue.

Mine just happen to be green. grin

Mine are all blue, 2 NH's and one Ford. Do have a sub compact that we use some on the farm. While I like blue, green tractors are about as good of an investment as you can make.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
So far I'm happy with my L3901 tractor, ZD1211 lawn mower and the old RTV 900 we bought from my Father In-Laws estate. The RTV 900 has over 4100 hours on it. It has had some fairly expensive repairs done to the both front and rear CV joint axels but most of those were caused by driving it with mud caked around them and may have been prevented by just washing it.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Figures don't lie, But Liars figure
Assumption is the mother of mistakes
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G

I'm told they work great, but I KNOW my shuttle shift works great.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gregintenn

I'm told they work great, but I KNOW my shuttle shift works great.

If you have to drive a hydrostat down the road, it can seriously damage the transmission. They are not made to "road". If you have a hydrostat, you'd best have a trailer too. wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Bought a BX2350 when I bought our 2.5 acre property on the edge of town. Living in a farm town that has turned into a huge tech town, we have plenty of farm supply stores and tractor dealers within a few miles of our place. But the Kubotas were pretty spendy and I wanted one so I bought a used one online and had it shipped to me. That is a very long story, but it finally arrived and I've been very happy with it. It came with a belly mower that really isn't suited to the lumpy pasture land we bought, but might work better once we get the house built and drag the fields to get them levelled out a bit. The FEL is a great tool and I use it constantly, but wish it had a bit more power. I've used it to pull fence posts out of the ground- the 6" round ones with concrete in the ground and if the ground isn't good and soft from spring rains it just won't quite do the job. Probably the most used pieces of equipment I use on it are the Brush Hog and John Deere Finish mower I picked up cheap that needed repairs. Both work great and I need to mow the fields about once a month during the summer and fall months. Brush doesn't stand a chance with that brush hog going...

I have a friend that has a John Deere about the same size with the backhoe attachment and a few other whiz bang quick release gizmos the new JD's comes with and it is a really nice machine. He got it on a huge sale JD was having and still paid about twice what I paid for my Kubota and the usefulness is about equal- but I really like his JD and have looked at the Mahindra and Massey Ferguson machines for when I move up one size in the near future. That Kubota 3901 above seems just about perfect for what I need....

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by tikkanut

bought a CK35 Kioti 11 yrs ago.........

the other 'Orange' tractor

troublefree 500 hrs

Yep, happy with mine too, 515 hours.

Love the backhoe !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
What size does one have to get to get beyond a hydrostatic transmission?

I have a shuttle shift on my 2501.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by saddlesore
What size does one have to get to get beyond a hydrostatic transmission?

I have a shuttle shift on my 2501.

Not HST?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

180 members (257 mag, 12344mag, 338rcm, 1eyedmule, 2UP, 300jimmy, 12 invisible), 1,379 guests, and 883 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,061
Posts18,463,286
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.