24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Heads up. Just got an email from WY Game & Fish that they are proposing to reduce Antelope license quotas for the 2021 season. This is due to the Spring blizzard and long term drought.

I hope my Type 2 license goes through. It is my first Antelope hunt.

Good luck guys.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

BP-B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I did see that, that sure can't make it any easier to draw. I've already kind of figured that with my 1 point I may not get my usual unit this year but who knows maybe I'll get lucky after all:)

"Rather hunt Mule deer than anything else"
"Team 7MM-08"
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
There was a large die off last year in the North/east/ Central part of the state that greatly reduced numbers. They should be reducing the number of tags for a year or two and the hunting will greatly improve.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well that might screw up my plan. I was hoping to draw Unit 7 this year. Group application with 2+ PP. 100% draw last year----Guess we will see.

805 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It’s good to see WY actually managing their wildlife due to these situations. Odds will be a little worse in a lot of units but overall it’s a good thing for wildlife.
Sako- You should be just fine on that Type 2 bud. There was a slight reduction in tags but I think you will be ok. 🤞🏻

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 805
It’s good to see WY actually managing their wildlife due to these situations. Odds will be a little worse in a lot of units but overall it’s a good thing for wildlife.
Sako- You should be just fine on that Type 2 bud. There was a slight reduction in tags but I think you will be ok. 🤞🏻

Thank you. I am thinking the same.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Last year was thin as fair as numbers. They actually need a for less tags in more areas to improve herd and buck size. The public land gets hammered and that is getting less all the time also.....

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by wyoming260
Last year was thin as fair as numbers. They actually need a for less tags in more areas to improve herd and buck size. The public land gets hammered and that is getting less all the time also.....

There’s getting to be less public land in Wyoming?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well my 3 points are no longer a sure thing for this season. That's okay though. I want them to do what's right for the resource not make it easy for me to draw tags

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by chesterwy

Yeah, no we have all our public land. He may mean some HMAs and walk in areas have changed but that happens every year. Landowners opt out after issues with hunters. Respect the land and the landowners and we will have some private access too.

Some years they reduce tags also due to winter range not being able to support numbers.

IC B3

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by wytex
Originally Posted by chesterwy

Yeah, no we have all our public land. He may mean some HMAs and walk in areas have changed but that happens every year. Landowners opt out after issues with hunters. Respect the land and the landowners and we will have some private access too.

Some years they reduce tags also due to winter range not being able to support numbers.
Around this part the ownership of some Land trust land has changed hands, and a few of them have seemed to just be Not huntable any more with gravel pits being put on them and locked gates at access points. The HMA's And Walk in areas have either changed or are getting smaller also......

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Get your locals involved on the land transfers, they can be stopped with enough folks protesting or opposing them. We have put couple on the chopping b lock down here with public comment and pressure on the state land board.
Loss of HMAs and walk in areas is due to slob hunters. We need to "police" ourselves to retain access. Report the douches that don't follow the rules.
Gravel pits, state way of trying to make some money. Look into other access when those gates get closed.

We're with you on the access issues wyoming260.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
They have been needing to reduce the tag numbers for a long time. I have been going up there for 15 years and have seen it change big time.

If you find yourself in a hole....quit digging
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Looks like the unit the pard and I are applying for is unchanged. 👍

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Get your locals involved on the land transfers, they can be stopped with enough folks protesting or opposing them. We have put couple on the chopping b lock down here with public comment and pressure on the state land board.
Loss of HMAs and walk in areas is due to slob hunters. We need to "police" ourselves to retain access. Report the douches that don't follow the rules.
Gravel pits, state way of trying to make some money. Look into other access when those gates get closed.

We're with you on the access issues wyoming260.

The gate closures just limit vehicle access, not hunting , but when the migrant hunters show , they over burden the more accessible spots , so it has an effect on all of the public ground. State land trust land here tends to get shuffled around pretty quietly around these parts. I think Gordon should open a road access through his place to get to the huge track landlocked behind it............ LOL

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Interesting, didn't know he had some landlocked public behind his gates. Ever try to call and ask about access ?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Looks like the new data is up now.

Definitely not a good year for doe tags.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Interesting, didn't know he had some landlocked public behind his gates. Ever try to call and ask about access ?
Its not totally landlocked, but his ranch would give access the middle of a long skinny piece .........

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I just sent in for my WY antelope tag. Doubtful we'll draw with the reductions. But you never know. Got to be in it--to win it !!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
416 members (10ring1, 1lesfox, 160user, 257 mag, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 42 invisible), 2,107 guests, and 922 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,594
Posts18,398,021
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.