Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by the_shootist
9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God." (1 Corinthians 6:9-11)

Such WERE some of you. B U T ye are washed -- ye are sanctified -- ye are justified. If you get those sins, whatever they may be, under the atoning blood of Jesus Christ. Washed in the spotless blood of Jesus Christ. Imputed with HIS righteousness, cause mine is a train wreck.

“Imputation of righteous” is a fabrication, and a butchery of what Paul actually said in Romans and Galatians. You only become righteous by relying on Christ, and that is a daily, lifelong endeavor. I used to believe just like you for many years until I studied the Greek text in-depth

Smith and Wessons are Thoroughbreds; Rugers are Clydesdales —John Taffin
GB1

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
The god of the bible was taken from the Babylonian pantheon of gods and adapted and evolved to suit the religious and cultural needs of the tribe of Israel.....beginning as a tribal god of war and evolved into the 'one true God.'

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Originally Posted by DBT
The god of the bible was taken from the Babylonian pantheon of gods and adapted and evolved to suit the religious and cultural needs of the tribe of Israel.....beginning as a tribal god of war and evolved into the 'one true God.'

Ah, no.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Originally Posted by DBT

Ah, no.

It's basically how it happened based on multiple lines of information on religious belief in the region.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by DBT

Ah, no.

I second the no. There are lots of videos and websites that state this type of thing. People will definitely lead you astray with these kinds of “facts”. Yahweh is the Creator, period. There are many evil spiritual beings (and people) that hate him

IC B2

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
It's not hate, just research and history. Nor is it a matter of what is on videos.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Ruger4Life, you seem to be carrying a very large grudge.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Stophel

Erroneous religious teachings destroy the lives of individuals and families; I’ve seen it.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Ruger4Life
Originally Posted by Stophel

Erroneous religious teachings destroy the lives of individuals and families; I’ve seen it.

I would like to offer some advice, if I may. If you truly are concerned about others following the wrong path, I would suggest changing your approach. To be brutally honest, you come across as very arrogant, and seem to think that virtually everyone else in the history of the world is wrong, but only you are enlightened and wise enough to discern the truth. I would dare say that probably NO ONE will EVER be swayed by your arguments, which only serve to create animosity. Again, to be brutally honest, that appears to be your purpose here.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Folks, let us all love/ respect one another.

I like to keep, "It" simple.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B3

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Folks, let us all love/ respect one another.

I like to keep, "It" simple.

Love, but question. Love truth. Love the mystery of existence. To question is not hate.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rustyzipper
Thanks Happy Camper. Be Well, RZ.

You too Rusty. 👍

I read that Judges 19 passage over and over and still learned something new when I watched that Bible study. I had no idea it would get the back fur up on so many around here though. Lol.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by NVhntr
So HC, does God think being a queer is worse than sexual harassment of the young girls in your congregation?
Just wondering.

Thou shalt not bear false witness.....

That's right Jag, that's why I don't.

If you are ignorant of this "pastor's" history of his teenage son's sexting the young women in his flock check it out before you accuse someone of bearing false witness.
How did the "pastor" deal with the sexual harrasment the young women were subject to? He threw their family's out of his congregation.
Pretty Christian huh?

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
They are an abomination.

Yes.
I never counted how many times the word Sodom was used before. God must really hate that sin a lot.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Good sermon.

I believe overall a little more compassion in a message is the right approach. Not the watered down sermons afraid to offend that we hear too much of these days. Speak the truth but do it with compassion. On the other hand people are called to deliver the word within the confines of there own personality and that is his.

We all have different strengths and weaknesses. Sometimes the message needs to be delivered by an Apostle John type and sometimes it needs to be delivered by more of a Apostle Peter personality. He isn’t wrong and given the world we live in we could use more a spades a spade type preachers.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

Ah, no.

It's basically how it happened based on multiple lines of information on religious belief in the region.

To believe that, one would have to believe that God was invented by Man. Oooops.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by Ruger4Life
Originally Posted by the_shootist
9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God." (1 Corinthians 6:9-11)

Such WERE some of you. B U T ye are washed -- ye are sanctified -- ye are justified. If you get those sins, whatever they may be, under the atoning blood of Jesus Christ. Washed in the spotless blood of Jesus Christ. Imputed with HIS righteousness, cause mine is a train wreck.

“Imputation of righteous” is a fabrication, and a butchery of what Paul actually said in Romans and Galatians. You only become righteous by relying on Christ, and that is a daily, lifelong endeavor. I used to believe just like you for many years until I studied the Greek text in-depth

He takes my sin on himself, and he gives me his righteousness.

"For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth." (Romans 10:3-4) He gives me the indwelling Holy Ghost and never takes him from me. I'm sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise. If you aren't, I'd toss my greek book in the trash can and stick with the old AV1611.

Your choice. It was easy for me. Jesus Christ did all the work for me, and then gave me the free gift of eternal life. I grabbed that gift and never looked back. Help yourself. Your call.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Most people don’t realize the cause for which God put the Rainbow in the sky?

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
_
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
_
Nature is like a perfectly tuned machine. It work flawlessly without mans interference. Thats because it was by specific design. Read genesis and keep going.

Alan

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by _B78_
Nature is like a perfectly tuned machine. It work flawlessly without mans interference. Thats because it was by specific design. Read genesis and keep going.

Alan

Three billion years of microbes before multicellular organisms evolved, five major and more than a few 'minor' extinction events later....here we are.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

614 members (1minute, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 1eyedmule, 12344mag, 70 invisible), 2,476 guests, and 1,252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,681
Posts18,456,303
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.