Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
Originally Posted by HoosierHawk
The Chinese need natural resources, but more importantly, they need Lebensraum. So, what country has lots of land area, is sparsely populated, and has natural resources aplenty?

Australia.

That's where their roving eyes will come to rest sometime in the next 20 or so years, once the USA collapses upon itself in debt and depravity.

China needs oil and coal, I’d bet on places in Africa since its easy pickings. South Africa for coal, Nigeria for oil.

Afghanistan has everything China needs. Afghanistan has everything the free world needs to keep China at bay for decades. Leaving without working out some deals for the natural resources of Afghanistan is a HUGE mistake. HUGE ! China already has copper mines in the country. When America leaves someone has to provide some security for those mines.

But, China will let the Taliban run wild for a while and when the time is right China will be over the pass and into Afghanistan. Just like Tibet. And Taiwan. And a bunch of small islands across the south China sea. Maybe even Viet Nam.
kwg

Last edited by kwg020; 04/16/21.

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
BP-B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Taiwan and control of the South China Sea will be the first lines in the sand crossed

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
They will encroach upon the Philippines from the South China Sea but not invade. We won’t push back very hard if at all.

Taiwan, like Hong Kong is the prize they most cherish at the moment.

China has plenty of coal and no small amounts of oil and gas but much, much more development is needed for these two resources.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
China will take Taiwan. The Chi-coms own Biden and they can say they somewhat kinda sorta have a claim to it. Who will intervene? Yeah, some nations may complain about it, such as Australia and Japan, and maybe England, but who would seriously challenge them? Answer is no one. The U.S. from day one has been the protector of Taiwan. The Chi-coms have compromised many Dems in the House and Senate as well as have bought off Biden. If Trump was in office, this would be an entirely different situation. In my opinion, for what it is worth, they will move on Taiwan before the U.S. midterm elections. This will be done before then just to be sure the Dems have the power they now currently enjoy. If the Repubs gain serious control of the House and Senate then, it will be too late to do anything about it after the Chi-coms take control. They will do so probably within the next year and no later than the next year and a half. That's how I see it.

"...why, land is the only thing in the world worth working for, worth fighting for, worth dying for,... because it is the only thing that lasts."
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Not unless they want to start WW3.

Who would be fighting in WW3?

Seriously... not a smartass question.

You think our Dim imitation POTUS wouldn’t push the button on China if they went after the Philippines? Or maybe even Taiwan?

With the current state of our military I question if they have the ability to win a war. Then there are the rules of engagement. Pushing the button may be our only option if it escalates into a full scale war. The only reason to have a strong military is to keep other countries from challenging you.

IC B2

I
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I
There is no point in China invading small nearby countries like the Philippines for the same reason here is no point in us invading Canada or El Salvador. They're weak, no threat, and they basically do what we say.

Raw materials? They're colonizing Africa, partnering with the black dictators. They make a deal with someone like Mugabe in Zimbabwe for mining rights, Mugabe rounds up a few thousand "slaves" to work in the mines, and China deposits a lot of hard currency in Mugabe's account in Switzerland.

Taiwan is altogether different. It's a matter of honor because they consider Taiwan a part of China. When they think they can get away with it, they will invade. They'll send a note to the US president suggesting it's a fait accompli, reminding us that technically the US recognizes Taiwan as part of China, and saying it would be a shame, since nothing would be accomplished, to sacrifice Los Angeles and Seattle. Let's be friends.

In response the US president will send the UN a nasty note and impose sanctions, consisting of travel restrictions to the US for 20 named Chinese.

If Taiwan has any brains, they will secretly stockpile a few nukes. Or already have.

The Taiwanese I know have put some of their assets in the US.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If they do, Joe and Hunter will be too busy watching Ren and Stimpy to do anything about it.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Nope because those folks will put the hurt on them.

They will try to pull other crap but not that.

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
China has no need to attack many Countries because of a perceived opportunity...they already control many of them in one way or another, but I can see them invading Taiwan.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I sure hope we aren't that stupid. I am having trouble figuring out why we needed the Philippines back in 1898 or why we pushed Japan into attacking us in 1941. For the life of me I cannot figure out why Vietnam was a threat to us, or why we needed to send expeditions to Iraq and Afghanistan. Think how wealthy we could be if we had just kept our nose out of other continent's business. This military adventurism is the basis of our trillions in debt that has turned us into slaves for the central banks. As it was after 2 disastrous world wars we left most of Europe and Asia under communist domination instead of the alternative of Japan and Germany.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
IC B3

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by 673
China has no need to attack many Countries because of a perceived opportunity...they already control many of them in one way or another, but I can see them invading Taiwan.

Kinda like chess?

...you pick of the pawns?

...then the rooks?

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
The Chinese need natural resources, but more importantly, they need Lebensraum. So, what country has lots of land area, is sparsely populated, and has natural resources aplenty?

Australia.

That's where their roving eyes will come to rest sometime in the next 20 or so years, once the USA collapses upon itself in debt and depravity.

I agree that over time China will attempt to pressure Australia for the reasons cited. They would love to have influence over Australia. The weaker the US is under Biden, the sooner China is likely to try to execute such a play.

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Hastings
I sure hope we aren't that stupid. I am having trouble figuring out why we needed the Philippines back in 1898 or why we pushed Japan into attacking us in 1941. For the life of me I cannot figure out why Vietnam was a threat to us, or why we needed to send expeditions to Iraq and Afghanistan. Think how wealthy we could be if we had just kept our nose out of other continent's business. This military adventurism is the basis of our trillions in debt that has turned us into slaves for the central banks. As it was after 2 disastrous world wars we left most of Europe and Asia under communist domination instead of the alternative of Japan and Germany.

Great point... China can claim the whole world piece by piece... but America is rock solid alone.

Again I ask...

Party Party... who is down for WW3?

What countries are ready set go onboard?

...and 89% of Americans wear masks and rubber gloves while driving alone in their own car.

OK

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by bowmanh

Australia.

I agree that over time China will attempt to pressure Australia for the reasons cited. They would love to have influence over Australia. The weaker the US is under Biden, the sooner China is likely to try to execute such a play.

Kangaroo... the other white meat?

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 673

Kinda like chess?

...then the rooks?

My Country is already lost, if that is what you mean.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
China making a move on Hong Kong is a given.

Russia making a move on the Ukraine is also a given.

Will China make a move on the Philippines in the next 100 days?

China already has Hong Kong, they took it over without firing a shot over the last year while the rest of the world was fixated on Covid.

Philippines no, Taiwan yes but I doubt it'll be in the next 100 days. At least I hope it won't be because I'll be there in a few days.

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by 673
Originally Posted by 673

Kinda like chess?

...then the rooks?

My Country is already lost, if that is what you mean.

That is EXACTLY what I mean... Thank You Sir!

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rem141r
/more importantly, if iran attacked turkey from the rear, would greece help?

My girlfriend says it always does

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I believe Taiwan has nukes. I also believe their Air Force is modern and well trained. China won’t try it. They would have a couple US air wings up their ass so fast their rice would turn brown.

Democrats love war

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Taiwan is strategically important to the US for semiconductors. We will not lose it for that.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
739 members (10gaugemag, 222ND, 222Sako, 16penny, 160user, 12344mag, 79 invisible), 2,691 guests, and 1,363 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,626
Posts18,398,690
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.