Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
The bill passed final reading this morning and is headed to the Senate. Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick (a Republican) is nominally opposed to this, so CALL your Texas state senator and lean on him to go against any roadblocks from the Lt. Gov.

If you'll remember, that commie fake RINO Patrick (He changed his last name and has filed BK before), when he was a Senator, he wanted to have a law passed that allowed members of the legislature to be able to carry where CHL holders could not.

Laws for me, and not for you. That right there proves he is a fake conservative commie little biatch.

"He is far from Stupid"

”person, who happens to have an above-average level of intelligence

– DocRocket (In reference to ElkSlayer91)

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by rickt300
Well gee what do I need a CCW permit for?

You don't.

It comes with added liability, regulation, and being included on a list.

Awesome possum!

So it's got to go through your senate now ?
Ok, well its too soon to celebrate.
This should go on every prayer list in every Texas church that has the gospel.
I will too.

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 04/17/21.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
For those interested, you can listen to Rep. Canales (D), criminal defense attorney, at the 7:54:38 timestamp in the video linked below:

https://tlchouse.granicus.com/MediaPlayer.php?view_id=47&clip_id=20339

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A recent change in the Texas Senate rules can stop the Democrats from blocking the bill before it gets to the Senate floor.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.texastribune.org/2021/01/13/texas-senate-republicans/amp/

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
F-cking Terry Canales and his dad and family, all corrupt. About time he did something right.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by stxhunter
F-cking Terry Canales and his dad and family, all corrupt. About time he did something right.

Does he usually live up (or down, depending on your perspective?) to his billing as a 'criminal defense attorney'?? This is the first time I've heard of him.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Does he usually live up (or down, depending on your perspective?) to his billing as a 'criminal defense attorney'?? This is the first time I've heard of him.

He is a lawyer, but that family has been in politics forever, all liberals, all of them are lawyers. His father was the county judge in Jim Wells county for yrs. had him on Fb, on my friend's list till I pointed out they were basically a crime family and he blocked me.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
What’s the chances the Senate passes as well?

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by steve4102

I honestly think it'll be a miracle if it passes the Senate: Lt. Gov. is not in favor of this.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

He is a lawyer, but that family has been in politics forever, all liberals, all of them are lawyers. His father was the county judge in Jim Wells county for yrs. had him on Fb, on my friend's list till I pointed out they were basically a crime family and he blocked me.

LoL!!!

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It blows me away that TX hasn't been open carry. Hell even my commie state is. One of it's few redeeming features.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I honestly think it'll be a miracle if it passes the Senate: Lt. Gov. is not in favor of this.

From looking at the votes, a majority of those representatives voting Nay have one foot in Mexico and the other in America.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I think it will like I said some of the dems are supporting it.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Chisos

From looking at the votes, a majority of those representatives voting Nay have one foot in Mexico and the other in America.

You noticed that, too!!!

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
And the red democrat governor and legislators of GA are working hard to block it here. Weak rich boys are scared of the blacks carrying.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by urbaneruralite
And the red democrat governor and legislators of GA are working hard to block it here. Weak rich boys are scared of the blacks carrying.

LOL they don't realize the ATL crowd is already carrying?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

OTOH with the Republican majority steadily eroding away in Texas, he’s gotta know that him blocking this legislation so popular with Conservatives would alienate much of his base. Same thing for the remaining 19 Republican Senators, and hasten the loss of the State.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
All fingers and toes crossed for a positive vote..........

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well, Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick shows his @ss to the world, he's doing a great job of saving Gov. Abbott from having to sign constitutional carry into law:

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/04/19/texas-constitutional-carry-senate/

Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick says Senate currently lacks the votes to pass permitless carry of handguns

Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said Monday that the state Senate does not currently have the votes to pass permitless carry of handguns but that he will try to see if there is a "path" to change that.

The news from the Republican presiding officer of the Senate came days after the House approved a permitless carry bill, commonly referred to as "constitutional carry" by supporters.

“If we have the votes to pass a permitless carry bill off the Senate floor, I will move it," Patrick said in a statement. "At this point we don’t have the votes on the floor to pass it. I plan to meet with law enforcement who oppose permitless carry and with the [National Rifle Association] and [Gun Owners of America] who support it to see if we can find a path that a majority of senators will vote to pass.”

In most cases, Senate bills require 18 votes from the 31-member chamber to be considered on the floor. There are only 18 GOP senators, so a permitless-carry bill would need the support of every Republican in the chamber to reach the floor — or at least one Democratic vote if any Republicans defect.

On Friday afternoon, one key GOP senator, Sen. Kel Seliger of Amarillo, suggested he may not be immediately supportive of the proposal. He told The Texas Tribune that his office was still researching the issue and he tends to support "just about all" bills related to gun rights, but the "system that we have now works." He said it was too early to say whether he would block the bill from coming to the floor or vote against it if it made it to the floor.

House Bill 1927 would get rid of the requirement for Texas residents to get a license to carry handguns if they are not already prohibited by state or federal law from possessing a firearm. The House gave final approval to the legislation on Friday morning in an 87-58 vote that included seven Democrats in support of it.

Supporters of permitless carry, including gun rights groups and conservative Republicans, argued the measure simply allows Texans to exercise rights guaranteed under the Second Amendment. Many Democrats, joined by some law enforcement officers and faith leaders in opposition, instead cited the need for stricter gun safety measures following the 2019 mass shootings in El Paso and Midland-Odessa. The debate over gun laws in Texas has emerged as a top issue this session as gun violence nationwide — including a shooting in Bryan on April 8 and another in Austin on Sunday — has reignited the longstanding debates over gun control.

The passage of the bill in the House last week was a notable development since such proposals have not made it nearly as far in recent sessions. House Speaker Dade Phelan’s predecessor behind the gavel, Dennis Bonnen, and his predecessor, Joe Straus, were resistant to the idea and especially chafed at the tactics of its supporters. Bonnen declared the proposal “dead” last session after a gun rights activist showed up at his Lake Jackson home to advocate for the proposal.

The Senate under Patrick is generally seen as the chamber more interested in pressing for hot-button conservative issues. But Patrick has has expressed reservations about permitless carry in the past. Ahead of the 2015 session, he said he did not think there was enough support among lawmakers or the public, a sentiment he reiterated in 2017 while citing law enforcement concerns with “anyone being able to walk down the street with a gun and they don’t know if they have a permit or not."

A permitless carry bill has also been filed in the Senate this session, but it was referred to a committee over a month ago and has not received a hearing yet.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Democrat politicians take care of their voters. GOP politicians take care of themselves...

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

645 members (007FJ, 160user, 1234, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 1lesfox, 66 invisible), 2,823 guests, and 1,272 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,370
Posts18,469,135
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.