Campfire Regular
Y

GB1

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by yukon254
Pure communism sorry. Lockdowns are not the answer and never have been. Its a virus and it will run its course no matter what they do. Thankfully people are waking up in some parts of the country. Thousands of people protesting in western Canada recently. Amazing to me how easily people will completely give up their freedom; and dont kid yourself thats exactly what you are doing. A famous communist once said the way to control a population was fear....its happening right before our eyes.

Our own lunatic PM in one of his more lucid moments lately said that the vaccine itself is not enough. Its on tape so look it up if you dont believe it. Remember when they told us that once a percentage of the population was vaccinated this would all be over?? Now they are saying vaccinations are not enough. The goal posts keep moving dont they.

Exactly true. It’s about control and they don’t want to give it up so the narrative has to be adjusted

If I remember correctly it was part of his bs story about the UK and their ( non existent) 3rd wave.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
laugh laugh

Of course, if I disagree, I'm being unfair. laugh

Once enough people die off because the population isn't being smart about infectious diseases, things will get back to normal.

The reality is, people are being vaccinated, and herd immunity will continue to build, but the anti-vaccination crowd will claim COVID has run its course. And medicine had nothing to do with it. In the meantime, much of the world is still in the grip of COVID. Over 3 million have died, and more die each day.

I trust in the medical people. I have watched the videos and read the articles from all sides. Nothing has changed my mind. Myself and most others do not believe it is a hoax. There are too many sick and dead.

Stay safe. Wear a mask. Keep your distance.

Even if you do not believe it works, respect the rights of those who do.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
What are the annual influenza numbers up there year on year, say 2017 - 2020?

Conduct is the best proof of character.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
According to the CDC, 80,000 people died of the flu in the US in 2017. COVID has killed over 560,000 people in the US since last year.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

IC B2

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
"I'm made As hell, and I'm not taking it any more".

For all the good saying that does. cry

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
laugh laugh

Once enough people die off because the population isn't being smart about infectious diseases, things will get back to normal.

The reality is, people are being vaccinated, and herd immunity will continue to build, but the anti-vaccination crowd will claim COVID has run its course. And medicine had nothing to do with it. In the meantime, much of the world is still in the grip of COVID. Over 3 million have died, and more die each day.

I trust in the medical people. I have watched the videos and read the articles from all sides. Nothing has changed my mind. Myself and most others do not believe it is a hoax. There are too many sick and dead.

Steve

You have the right to disagree. I , and others, respect that right.

. Please show the same respect to others. Or not

Try to understand you are not the only one with a functioning brain. As has been pointed out that not blindly accepting what is being said does not automatically make them conspiracy theorists, it actually demonstrates interest in one’s own health

Also because I, and others , don’t blindly follow along does NOT mean we do not respect others space, or do not wear our masks when required , contrary to what you seem to think.

Respect is a word you use . Perhaps you should show some for others, not just ones that believe as you do.

It’s not an all or nothing thing . Once I have been mislead by ‘medical people ‘ like Dr. Tam ( for example) I become skeptical of what that person says. I don’t automatically ignore or disbelieve them but I evaluate it and make my own decisions

Do what you want

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Lorne, I have given that.

I have been misquoted, and talked down to of late, but that is not the issue here. In the above post, EdM asked about flu deaths. In the US, approximately 7 times the number of people have died from COVID-19, compared to the flu. 80, 000 flu deaths versus 566,000. The numbers are telling.

I will continue to ask that people wear a mask, socially distance themselves and get the shot. Do it for others.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
According to the CDC, 80,000 people died of the flu in the US in 2017. COVID has killed over 560,000 people in the US since last year.

Not a surprise...

Conduct is the best proof of character.
673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Lorne, I have given that.

I have been misquoted, and talked down to of late, but that is not the issue here. In the above post, EdM asked about flu deaths. In the US, approximately 7 times the number of people have died from COVID-19, compared to the flu. 80, 000 flu deaths versus 566,000. The numbers are telling.

I will continue to ask that people wear a mask, socially distance themselves and get the shot. Do it for others.

No.

IC B3

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Originally Posted by Lorne
laugh laugh

Steve

You have the right to disagree. I , and others, respect that right.

. Please show the same respect to others. Or not

Try to understand you are not the only one with a functioning brain. As has been pointed out that not blindly accepting what is being said does not automatically make them conspiracy theorists, it actually demonstrates interest in one’s own health

Also because I, and others , don’t blindly follow along does NOT mean we do not respect others space, or do not wear our masks when required , contrary to what you seem to think.

Respect is a word you use . Perhaps you should show some for others, not just ones that believe as you do.

It’s not an all or nothing thing . Once I have been mislead by ‘medical people ‘ like Dr. Tam ( for example) I become skeptical of what that person says. I don’t automatically ignore or disbelieve them but I evaluate it and make my own decisions

Do what you want

Lorne, thats probably one of the best posts Ive seen. Exactly mirrors my take on things.

Steve, where i am skeptical isnt the number of deaths. Im not, and never have doubted the number of deaths. What I question, is did they die from covid, or with covid. Big difference in the two. There has been many reports on this. How extensive it is we dont really know. The strange thing is that in Canada at least, the overall deaths dont seem to be any higher and that raises questions no one has answers for.

You say you believe in science. How then do you explain the data/studies done on ivermectin and vitamin D?? Real medical professionals were involved in those studies. When they say that nine out of ten covid deaths could have been prevented with vitamin D, the obvious question is why isnt our CMOs telling the public about it every chance they get?? It should be on the front page of every paper. Dr Kory, testified before the senate on ivermectin. He said and I quote again, " if you take ivermectin you wont get covid." You say you believe in science. Well there's science with the data to back it up.

Now lets talk masks. The largest RCT ever done on masks was done in Denmark. The data showed clearly that masks do not work. Please keep in mind that Randomized Clinical Trials are the gold standard, so this wasnt a bunch of hillbillies. Thats the best data we have available to us. Why dont the CMOs cite it, at the very least???

Then if you believe in science you would have to explain "the great barrington declaration." Literally thousands of doctors around the world have signed that document. Thats the kind of data that makes me a skeptic.

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Finally some easterners are showing some backbone....

https://justthenews.com/politics-po...down-new-police-powers-halt-construction

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
You and I will have to agree to disagree.

Protect yourself. Protect your friends and relatives.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If someone wants to wear a mask, or stay indoors, whatever makes you feel safe by all means do so.

Let the rest of us get on with our lives.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEc0wy_mEA8

Last edited by 69sportfury; 04/18/21.
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana
Originally Posted by kkahmann
When confronted by police do I still have the right to remain silent? Or has the province of
Toronto suspended the Charter of Rights too.

You have the right to remain silent, but you still have to identify yourself, or you’ll find yourself arrested.

Normally you would have the right to not identify yourself or answer questions or give a statement. Police can stop you and ask, but you have an absolute right to remain silent. You can not be legally be detained further or arrested unless police believe that you have committed a crime or are committing a crime.

Normally if you are operating a motor vehicle you must produce a valid driver's license, insurance, and registration, but you retain the right to not answer questions or give statements. The exception would be if you were involved in an accident as a driver.
Witnesses however are not legally required to give witness statements or answer questions unless they are subpoenaed to attend a court hearing and sworn in on the stand.

However, that doesn't stop police from detaining or arresting you anyway, until you do produce identification, and then withdrawing any charges and releasing you. You can sue, but good luck with that.

However, with the new Ontario Covid 19 stay-at-home laws, I suppose that police could charge you if you fail to tell them where you are going and why. However, how would they know if you were lying if you told them that you were walking for outdoor exercise, going to buy groceries, or going to the pharmacy? As long as you know where these places are in relation to where you are at the time, you would be good to go.

UVA UVAM VIVENDO VARIA FIT
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Too close to a police state.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by saddlegun
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana
Originally Posted by kkahmann
When confronted by police do I still have the right to remain silent? Or has the province of
Toronto suspended the Charter of Rights too.

You have the right to remain silent, but you still have to identify yourself, or you’ll find yourself arrested.

Normally you would have the right to not identify yourself or answer questions or give a statement. Police can stop you and ask, but you have an absolute right to remain silent. You can not be legally be detained further or arrested unless police believe that you have committed a crime or are committing a crime.

Normally if you are operating a motor vehicle you must produce a valid driver's license, insurance, and registration, but you retain the right to not answer questions or give statements. The exception would be if you were involved in an accident as a driver.
Witnesses however are not legally required to give witness statements or answer questions unless they are subpoenaed to attend a court hearing and sworn in on the stand.

However, that doesn't stop police from detaining or arresting you anyway, until you do produce identification, and then withdrawing any charges and releasing you. You can sue, but good luck with that.

However, with the new Ontario Covid 19 stay-at-home laws, I suppose that police could charge you if you fail to tell them where you are going and why. However, how would they know if you were lying if you told them that you were walking for outdoor exercise, going to buy groceries, or going to the pharmacy? As long as you know where these places are in relation to where you are at the time, you would be good to go.

saddlegun;
Top of the morning to you sir, I hope the weather on your side of the big hills is behaving today and all is well with those you love.

If you don't follow Ian Runkle on YouTube, I'll suggest him as a wonderful source for both firearms law broken down so non lawyers can understand it as well as pertinent Canadian law that might affect us as firearm owners. He's a firearms defense lawyer out of Edmonton, a shooter and a fellow member of the CCFR as well.

Anyways he did a video on the law and it's "problems" as it was originally written, then amended it when some revisions came out too. This is the latest from him I believe.

While I am cognizant that the respective provincial governments have to do "something" to deal with the situation, it absolutely does show how our "world class medical system" was a facade in many ways - which those of us who actually had to seek treatment by that system knew too well. I'd opine the same goes for senior care or at least here in rural BC it's that way.

It's tough really to begin to articulate how frustrated I am personally with the lack of scientific approach, the intentional obfuscation, the absolutely absurd over spending and not least our suspension of personal freedoms that's taken place over the past year.

Somewhere in the dim past I heard that we get the leadership we deserve and the more I reflect on that thought and the ramifications of it, the more I've come to believe it may well be true. If it is, then God help us all, you know?

Anyways sir, hopefully enough of us in each of our respective provinces have sufficiently awakened that at very least we can become engaged again in the management of our own area, our provinces and finally our country. Let's hope and pray that's the case.

All the best to you as the days get longer and warmer.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Too close to a police state.

wabigoon;
Good morning to you my friend, I trust all is well with you and your fine family this morning or better said as well as can be - all things taken into consideration.

Perhaps you recall when we were younger that there would be promotions by cereal companies in which one would send in 3 box tops in order to receive the promotional item? If one could not provide the 3 box tops, they were okay with you sending in a "reasonable hand drawn facsimile", remember?

In my view what's taking place in some regions of our country is very much a "reasonable hand drawn facsimile" of a police state.... Anyone who has cracked a history book would see the stark similarity, they just need to put their phone down long enough to do so and that's a big ask these days isn't it?

All the best to you and yours wabigoon.

Dwayne

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My wife and I went for a drive last evening, lovely almost summer weather here in BC. Still in our region. But on the way home we saw a Manitoba. plate. I commented to wife how stupid he was, being here with all our P-1 variant.

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
downwindtracker2;
Good morning to you my cyber friend, I'm glad to hear you're getting nice weather down on the coast and hope that all else is as well as it can be with those you care about.

One of the things I've noticed locally regarding out of province plates is that there seems to be more than a handful of people who retain their insurance from whatever province they're from last, while maintaining a residence here.

For instance, one of the neighboring wineries had a Mercedes SUV with Ontario plates starting mid last spring and I've only noticed the rig gone now in the past two weeks. Where we walk in town, there's a Honda CRV with Ontario vanity plates - which is why I'm guessing they keep them??? - that's been there for more than a year. In that instance the owner is obviously unclear on the concept of how ICBC views residency, but I'll leave that between them.

By far the most common out of province plate we see however are Alberta plates and I can only suspect it's from the number of locals who used to work the oil patch and preferred the lower insurance rates they got there?

All that to say, perhaps the Manitoba plate you saw has been there pre beer flu and it just one of "those" sorts of our fellow BC residents who are rolling the dice with ICBC coverage?

Regardless, I hope the longer and warmer days treat you folks well. All the best.

Dwayne

Last edited by BC30cal; 04/18/21.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

294 members (1beaver_shooter, 1OntarioJim, 160user, 338rcm, 12344mag, 300jimmy, 28 invisible), 1,778 guests, and 924 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,601
Posts18,454,632
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.