Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Stophel
Originally Posted by Ruger4Life
Originally Posted by Stophel
Ruger4Life, you seem to be carrying a very large grudge.

Erroneous religious teachings destroy the lives of individuals and families; I’ve seen it.

I would like to offer some advice, if I may. If you truly are concerned about others following the wrong path, I would suggest changing your approach. To be brutally honest, you come across as very arrogant, and seem to think that virtually everyone else in the history of the world is wrong, but only you are enlightened and wise enough to discern the truth. I would dare say that probably NO ONE will EVER be swayed by your arguments, which only serve to create animosity. Again, to be brutally honest, that appears to be your purpose here.

Nothing new. HARDLY ANYONE is ever swayed by my arguments. Yes, the majority of the Christians in the past 2,000 years have been wrong...and? Am I a heretic because I question the status quo? You can pick up the first stone—pick a big one. My Savior was persecuted and murdered for telling the truth. I am a worm compared to him, and I would be extremely blessed to suffer the same fate as he. Again, folks that love their money, wealth, and comfortable lifestyles ridicule the words of Christ because they are deceptive hypocrites, just like the Pharisees that hated Christ. And no, you are not “brutally honest”, only brutally intent on defending your man-made doctrines until your dying breath, just like millions of brainwashed “religious “ people in this world

Smith and Wessons are Thoroughbreds; Rugers are Clydesdales —John Taffin
GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Originally Posted by jaguartx
So HC, does God think being a queer is worse than sexual harassment of the young girls in your congregation?
Just wondering.

Thou shalt not bear false witness.....

That's right Jag, that's why I don't.

If you are ignorant of this "pastor's" history of his teenage son's sexting the young women in his flock check it out before you accuse someone of bearing false witness.
How did the "pastor" deal with the sexual harrasment the young women were subject to? He threw their family's out of his congregation.
Pretty Christian huh?

Typical of that religious fake brand of “Christians”

Smith and Wessons are Thoroughbreds; Rugers are Clydesdales —John Taffin
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by the_shootist
9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God." (1 Corinthians 6:9-11)

Such WERE some of you. B U T ye are washed -- ye are sanctified -- ye are justified. If you get those sins, whatever they may be, under the atoning blood of Jesus Christ. Washed in the spotless blood of Jesus Christ. Imputed with HIS righteousness, cause mine is a train wreck.

Amen.
He gets all of the credit.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jaguartx
So HC, does God think being a queer is worse than sexual harassment of the young girls in your congregation?
Just wondering.

Thou shalt not bear false witness.....

That's right Jag, that's why I don't.

If you are ignorant of this "pastor's" history of his teenage son's sexting the young women in his flock check it out before you accuse someone of bearing false witness.
How did the "pastor" deal with the sexual harrasment the young women were subject to? He threw their family's out of his congregation.
Pretty Christian huh?

Jaguar tx is right.

Let some troll accuse YOU or your family of the same and see how you respond. I hope it never happens, but those who are doing much for God are the ones who get smeared by anonymous slanderers. It's a case of defamation.

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 04/17/21.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Hey HC,

Here is some valuable information, that was life-altering for me:

1.). Almost every time in the NT that you encounter the phrase “believe in” Christ or the Father, the Greek should be properly rendered “be loyal/faithful to”.

2.). Every time your English NT reads “believe on Him/Me/Christ” it should read “rely/depend on”

3.). Faith should be rendered as faithfulness or reliance, depending on the context.

BTW, pastors and many Christians get greatly agitated and defensive when I point these things out to them. They feel threatened and some get angry. Humble people are more receptive than the arrogant it seems

Context often determines what words mean in Greek and in English. Our believers and unbelievers here would do well to read the chapter or paragraph that a verse is found in order to learn it's meaning.
I prayerfully did this as a teenager when given a tract.
I didn't just want someone's opinion. I wanted to know what God Himself wants to reveal. I believed God would not want to hide such an important topic like Salvation from us. He doesn't want to, nor does He make it hard for us. He helped me to understand those verses in my King James Bible.

You told me your meaning for the word believe.
I know what pistis / pisteuo means. The brilliant translators of the KJV, who were the worlds best scholars, were correct. Anyone can read the gospel of John and benefit knowing that it is completely trustworthy. They can also do word studies without needing to learn a different language and see that God's miraculous hand preserved His Word for our use.

IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Hey HC,

1.). Almost every time in the NT that you encounter the phrase “believe in” Christ or the Father, the Greek should be properly rendered “be loyal/faithful to”.

2.). Every time your English NT reads “believe on Him/Me/Christ” it should read “rely/depend on”

3.). Faith should be rendered as faithfulness or reliance, depending on the context.

BTW, pastors and many Christians get greatly agitated and defensive when I point these things out to them. They feel threatened and some get angry. Humble people are more receptive than the arrogant it seems

Context often determines what words mean in Greek and in English. Our believers and unbelievers here would do well to read the chapter or paragraph that a verse is found in order to learn it's meaning.
I didn't just want someone's opinion. I wanted to know what God Himself wants to reveal. I believed God would not want to hide such an important topic like Salvation from us. He doesn't want to, nor does He make it hard for us. He helped me to understand those verses in my King James Bible.

I know what pistis / pisteuo means. The brilliant translators of the KJV, who were the worlds best scholars, were correct. Anyone can read the gospel of John and benefit knowing that it is completely trustworthy. They can also do word studies without needing to learn a different language and see that God's miraculous hand preserved His Word for our use.

WHY did they insert the word 'easter' in Acts 12:4?????

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Listen to Merle.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Muffin
It ‘might’ be that in that one isolated instance, that those particular translators for that one particular version, wanted that one particular reference to be to a Christian celebration as opposed to a Jewish celebration.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Dear God,

Please allow every State to open churches, so those who desire fellowship, can worship together under the Lords roof.

God, If you don’t want to open all the churches, please, at least, open the one HC attends, so he will stfu.

Amen

🦫

WINNER ^^^^^^

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by WAM
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Dear God,

Please allow every State to open churches, so those who desire fellowship, can worship together under the Lords roof.

God, If you don’t want to open all the churches, please, at least, open the one HC attends, so he will stfu.

Amen

🦫

WINNER ^^^^^^

If that happens, I might be convinced there is a God.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Muffin
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Hey HC,

Fair question Muffin.

"The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever."
Psalm 12:6,7

God managed to protect His words to mankind from the pagan influences and corruption that mankind has sought for through false religions. Some claim to "correct it", and want to add their own spin, but God pronounces the most severe curses upon those in both the O.T. and completion of the New.

I don't have time to answer details about the history of the Bible or that word right now, as I'm on my way out the door, but I think there's plenty of good information here.

http://www.faithfulwordbaptist.org/042014a.mp3

AND this:

https://answersingenesis.org/holidays/easter/is-the-name-easter-of-pagan-origin/

I've noticed that some of the online fringe religious groups have been demonizing God's Word. You have a fair question, but keep in mind that the Devil accused God of unrighteousness from the very start.
He doesn't like the good news posted in my sig.
That's true of even some at the Camp who take a wicked lunatics accusations against a man who shares the good news wherever he goes. They will Not so much speak a word against the leftist with whom they identify, who are traditionally known for deceit. This is why we need to ask questions and seek valid sources as you have. 👍

I hope these will answer your question, Muffin.

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 04/17/21.
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

613 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 1936M71, 64 invisible), 2,117 guests, and 1,132 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,133
Posts18,464,687
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.