Print Thread
Hop To
A
AGL4now Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
See any monsters.....??? Other then monster waves.

Last edited by AGL4now; 04/07/21.

ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, balls'to the wall, the pedal floored, full throttle, it is a delightful place, to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).
GB1

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
I've walked out a ways on it in the winter and found a monster ice wall. Fascinating how the wind presses the ice sheets against each other.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
We live on the Lake and I've been on it for 45 years , I have a landing craft and spend a lot of time on the water and on the ice in the winter. There has been lots of strange sightings along the way, for one there is a healthy population of Harbor Seals and they can get enormous with the huge salmon runs and lots of rainbow trout,suckers,char,pike,etc,etc. More colorful up here than in the ocean too. There are lots of seamounts that cause strange disturbances and wave action,, when its calm wakes sometimes travel for miles and seemingly rogue waves appear from far away ass well. Bears and moose swim across the lake with ease and if they have their young behind them it resembles nessie from a distance, 4 years ago I spent 40 days mapping the bottom with multiple sonars for Pebble and we never saw anything strange except for lots of shoals surrounded by deep water. A big bull moose swimming way out there or a pod of seals following a school of salmon all look out of place,,,I have seen some anomolies but usually in bad lights or just caught a glance,, no actual monster sightings though!

I tend to use more than enough gun
A
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Crossed from Pedro Bay to Igiugig and down to Naknek. Departed from Los'Anchorage.

ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, balls'to the wall, the pedal floored, full throttle, it is a delightful place, to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).
U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
I was a guide there the Summer of 94. We had a waterspout. That was unusual.

Watch 'Yer Topknot!
IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Saw a tundra wookie

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
M
M
I wake up every morning and look out on the lake, and have done so for 15 years. Enjoying my coffee and a beautiful sunrise as I type this. I know of very few folks who have traveled this lake more than Waterrat, and he said it well...Iliamna Lake is a big enough place that there are some pretty rare sightings, but no lake monsters, or otherwise, just a huge, beautiful freshwater lake that is amazing to look out on every morning.

A
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
I built a small hunting/fishing lodge on Lake Clark in the mid 80's. I watch what clearly looked like a monster (huge monster) swim across the lake. Was a cow moose and three calves. When they reached the far side they just stood still on the beach for more then an hour. Those calves most have been fully exhausted.

Was on short final to land on the beach and seen what looked like a large bright and shinny red and silver snake working just off shore. Boated completely around Lake Clark twice in my 10" inflatable Boston Whaler and 10 HP kicker. It would haul "one" caribou, but would not haul two caribou.

The most frightening thing on those size lakes, is all winter as that ice cracks, it sounds like a 7mm Remington Mag. fired from a few feet away, over your head. A real deep cold snap it sounds like a gunfight right outside the cabin.

Never seen anything on Iliamna Lake but ugly waves.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

719 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 1234, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 74 invisible), 3,116 guests, and 1,272 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,267
Posts18,467,242
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.