Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by UPhiker
I will just say that the best isn't an upper or lower receiver. It's the total product...the quality of the parts used and the proficiency of the assembler.

So you are saying parts is just parts? In regards to which upper or lower you use. Ok

He didn't seem to be saying that at all.

A current production billet Noreen. Machined just next door (in Montana terms). Doubt it matters much. But, just to be a dic, I (after first assembling as a pistol) paired it with an Anderson upper and FN barrel which fit together tighter than fuuck. The combo is likely to never see a scope, or a bench or be used to shoot groups to show people on the internet.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
GB1

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Originally Posted by UPhiker
I will just say that the best isn't an upper or lower receiver. It's the total product...the quality of the parts used and the proficiency of the assembler.

So you are saying parts is just parts? In regards to which upper or lower you use. Ok

He didn't seem to be saying that at all.

A current production billet Noreen. Machined just next door (in Montana terms). Doubt it matters much. But, just to be a dic, I (after first assembling as a pistol) paired it with an Anderson upper and FN barrel which fit together tighter than fuuck. The combo is likely to never see a scope, or a bench or be used to shoot groups to show people on the internet.

Thats a good thing. Most peoples iron sight shooting is very unimpressive anyway. How much does that lower weigh. Looks like a beast..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I also don't weight 'em.

LOL

I've managed to buy, FN, Criterion and SOLGW barrels in the recent past. Chit goes fast. They're all still making stuff.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think Vltor made some uppers for Noveske.

Vltor made all the MUR version uppers that Noveske sold.

It's a good, solid, stiff upper but it's 3-4 oz heavier compared to many of the standard, slimmer mil-spec uppers

MM

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
I think Vltor made some uppers for Noveske.

Vltor made all the MUR version uppers that Noveske sold.

It's a good, solid, stiff upper but it's 3-4 oz heavier compared to many of the standard, slimmer mil-spec uppers

MM

Yeah, I think their specs were 10 oz's vs. 7 for the mil spec stuff? I guess you'd expect a little more weight, since they beef them up for better rigidity. Here are the details on them according to Noveske:

"Noveske Vltor MUR (Modular Upper Receiver) was developed to give the customer a MilSpec correct upper receiver with a thicker wall making the MUR upper receiver a more rigid platform. A more rigid upper receiver will increase accuracy and reliability while extending the life of interfacing components such as the bolt carrier group and barrel assembly."

I'd pay a little extra to have this receiver and it's really only about 3 oz's heavier like you said. For a precision rifle, it wouldn't hurt anything, but in a fighting rifle, I can see why you'd want to shave weight and keep stuff light. Probably not the best receiver for that application..

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by plainsman456
Only one other than an old Colt i have used are the ones that Aero puts out.

When trying to true them they seem to be trued already.

Their lowers are nice as well,have not tried their enhanced yet.

Just buy a complete Aero matched upper and lower and add quality parts. Save the money and buy more ammo.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by kwg020

Just buy a complete Aero matched upper and lower and add quality parts. Save the money and buy more ammo.

kwg

In todays market that is pretty solid advice. Seeing how much Aero's are selling for on the open market. I just saw one today that was marked at $1,800.00. Pretty plain specimen except it was chambered in 224 Valkyrie. That's not even on gunbroker, that was a local one for sale. I've also seen Andersons for $1,000.00 locally. Those were home builds too. A buddy of mine called to ask about an AR he saw where he lives. It was marred and scratched from assembly. Obviously a ham handed idiot put it together. He said they were wanting $1,500.00 for it and it was an Anderson build. He asked if now is the time to sell his factory Rock River Arms ATH carbine rifle. I told him probably, but he needs to open a gunbroker account. I'm not going to sell it for him on my account...

BSA MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Lewis Machine Tool

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Tyrone
I wouldn't spend any extra $$$ on a "premium" lower.

So lets all just have bubba worked over 80% lowers. grin

I bet if you got me one, I could build a sub moa gun off it easily....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kwg020

kwg

In todays market that is pretty solid advice. Seeing how much Aero's are selling for on the open market. I just saw one today that was marked at $1,800.00. Pretty plain specimen except it was chambered in 224 Valkyrie. That's not even on gunbroker, that was a local one for sale. I've also seen Andersons for $1,000.00 locally. Those were home builds too. A buddy of mine called to ask about an AR he saw where he lives. It was marred and scratched from assembly. Obviously a ham handed idiot put it together. He said they were wanting $1,500.00 for it and it was an Anderson build. He asked if now is the time to sell his factory Rock River Arms ATH carbine rifle. I told him probably, but he needs to open a gunbroker account. I'm not going to sell it for him on my account...

That pretty big money for an Aero. I really doubt he will get it unless total anarchy breaks out. I have several AR's in the closet but I don't know if I want to let them go yet. I may have to hand them out to family.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
My Grand Son and 2 of my Sons have Stiller Predator X lower receivers. I will pick up 2 more from his shop tomorrow. They are billet, machined with his new CNC machines, and the mag wells are cut with wire EDM. Are they better, I don't know, but like precision machined parts.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Seekins and VSEVEN.

By Far

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by butchlambert1
My Grand Son and 2 of my Sons have Stiller Predator X lower receivers. I will pick up 2 more from his shop tomorrow. They are billet, machined with his new CNC machines, and the mag wells are cut with wire EDM. Are they better, I don't know, but like precision machined parts.

I'll bet those are nice. Do those have the flared mag well?

BSA MAGA
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
This is one that I threw together has a slick sided VLTOR.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

Yes they are flared on the ID, but not on the OD like the one pictured above.They are machined from 7050 aluminum. A very high quality aircraft aluminum.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Yes they are flared on the ID, but not on the OD like the one pictured above.They are machined from 7050 aluminum. A very high quality aircraft aluminum.

Does Stiller sell those in matched sets, with the upper and lower machines from the same billet?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I'd like to have the matched single-billet set signed by the machinist please...

--- Kid Rock 2022

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Stiller has a few receivers left. I don't think that Jerry plans on producing additional. He makes a lot of money manufacturing competition rimfire receivers.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
I'd like to have the matched single-billet set signed by the machinist please...

Those would be bad azzed. I have to comment on my new upper and lower set I just got. They are BCM and I am actually surprised. I see some subtle differences, as compared to some of the other uppers and lowers I've bought. First off, all the holes seem a little tighter. I noticed this when I changed the PNT trigger and replaced the safety selector. The castle nut that holds the buffer tube on with the end plate is staked in place as well. The inside of the upper is very slick, which is surprising because the outside is very rough matte finished. The upper to lower fit is fairly tight, but I'm still using an accu wedge to make it even tighter. The trigger is smooth, but very heavy, and its a single stage. Supposed to be a damn good trigger, but I can't get past the pull weight. I don't like waiting all day (or it seems) for the trigger to go off. Sorry, it's not my cup of tea. All in all, I am very pleased with the BCM upper and lower quality. I get my new barrel tomorrow and may shoot it then or on wednesday. It should shoot my other AR's pet loads lights out, without a doubt. I might go and load some 77's to try out as well.

BSA MAGA
R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Gentleman,
I have very little experience with AR's. I recently purchased a Mega Arms Megalithic matched upper and lower with a BA barrel and a Gisselle SSA trigger. Any one have any experience with this maker?
Rider

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

593 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 1234, 72 invisible), 2,480 guests, and 1,248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,667
Posts18,455,845
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.