Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by akasparky
Originally Posted by mike7mm08
Will give him points for creativity. Other than that he's a pos. In the past I have had packages show as being delivered when they were not and show up the next day. Was expecting a package today. Never arrived. Checked tracking shows delivery attempt at 4:51. I was outside cleaning out my truck. Residential street I can see two blocks in either direction I know where the guy parks and was on the look out for him.Tracking says could not deliver due to animal interference. Yes I have a rather large dog that would be extremely happy to eat the sob. He was locked up in the house during this"attempted delivery". Also did not get my regular mail today. So guessing he was going to be late for a tribal council or some such crap and decided to not finish his routes today. Or maybe he hit a squirrel on the way to my place.

Guys either amazingly great at guessing or one past encounter with your large vicious mutt was enough for him to decide it wasn't worth risk of injury to attempt a delivery to your address.

He's got ya on his fu_ck you and your dog list.
Enjoy your trip to the post office to pickup your packages.

Actually the guy is just a a lazy dick. Only "encounter" he has had is getting barked at through a steel entry door when he delivers.Dog has never once been outside of the house when the mail has been delivered. Dog is never outside without me. Closest mailman has gotten to my house with the dog out is three or four houses down. Called the dog in before he has even barked once.

BP-B2

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Hey, our mailman frequently delivers our mail to a house on a different street. The recipients of our mail aren’t cool, those idiots throw it away instead of walking 100 yards to our house.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We have been in our house here in Lander WY for 39 years and have maybe had a grand total of two letters misdelivered to the neighbors, otherwise first class service. Mail gets delivered in -30 weather, blowing snow, driving rain, 100 degree heat. Ladies at the customer service counter at the Post Office are courteous and efficient. No complaints at all from me.

Last edited by jnyork; 04/17/21.

[Linked Image]
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Our ups driver likes to just skip us sometimes. Says out for delivery in the morning, then we get it a day or 2 later.

Bb

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
All they seem to hire around our area are young Blacks and Hispanics. Affirmative Action I guess.

IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Had my house sold on the steps of the Courthouse - all lead back to USPS not doing their job . $15,000.oo GONE paid to a scumbag realtor .
Had business name involving my last name plus personal mail [2 PO boxes] , they see last name and ram it in either box . Did that because every company that makes any product for the construction business sends me loads of advertisement crap . My tax stuff was messed up during the closing - never heard a word about it nor did Oscar Jordan Ocean Springs , Ms. city attorney at the time .
I had every type of communication there was to have home phone/cell ph./email/fax -etc. never heard a word from anybody . Never a letter-nothing- the USPS would disappear my mail .
Went to war with those uncaring POS - USPS front desk mouthbreather thought it best to go see if I had mail - brings me a rubber banded 2'' thick bundle of mail . I take mail to my office and see a holiday card ? ponder Ken & Cortney send me a Valentines Day card ? [February] - NO it's mail from November & December of last year - they finally got around to giving it to me . Took it straight back over there and showed them that they delivered my mail 3-4 months late - they just stand there and gawk at me .

When checking with Attorneys on legalities - would cost about the same to try and sue them as it would to pay the $15,000.oo

If I could have pinpointed the fault to one person who caused this - they'd never have seen a penny of their govt pension

Last edited by ol_mike; 04/17/21.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My mail carrier gets it right everytime but when the substitute carrier fills in for some reason it's about 50/50. I've complained until I blue in the face. Postal employees just don't give a rats ass!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ENorton
No mail delivery at my house, they give you a PO Box in town. Works fine that way.

same here, it can be a pain if it's a large package since our one employee splits the day between two towns in the county. small price to pay to live away from the chaos

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Our mail service is nothing like what it was 10 years ago. Used to know my mailman, he would stop and chat. Now I’m lucky if my stuff shows up at all.

NRA Endowment Member
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Mine is not reliable. Don't trust it any more.

IC B3

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by ENorton
No mail delivery at my house, they give you a PO Box in town. Works fine that way.

Until they send mail back because it has "no street address".

BTDT. Truth! Supervisor said "new hires." Bet they go thru a lot of resumes to find just the right fit......

The best one was a part I ordered on Nov 2, 2020. On December 24, at 9 pm I was notified it had arrived at the PO. At 9 a.m, on December 26, (PO opens at 10) I was notified it had been sent back. Now that is "efficiency"!

Matters not I was 600 miles and a day away.

Last edited by las; 04/18/21.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I guess I'm lucky, I get my mail plus a few other people's mail quite often.
I just drive around, knock on doors and deliver the extra mail I get.

My mail guy, contractor type, is psycho nuts. How he manages to hold on to his contract is beyond me.

My mailbox is a few hundred feet from the house, that's where he places whatever he can cram in the mailbox of mine and more than just occasionally, other random local folks mail. Damn near takes a crowbar to extract those boxes that almost fit but not really that he wedges in there.

I do a lot of online shopping and I'm thinking that's what pizzes him off, I'll get 2 or 3 deliveries a week he has to bring to my door.

That's when he really gets interesting.
He drives down my little gravel lane screaming my name out of his window, that's how I know when he is coming.

What he don't know is I don't live in the house he delivers to, I live across the lane from it. It's the correct address and all and I own it, I just don't live in it.
He really gets worked up screaming and all on his way in, by the time he gets his little POS car turned around and stopped by the house, he starts blowing his horn....while still screaming my name.

I wouldn't step out the door for lovein' or money, he's nuts, and a interesting spectacle to observe.
Once he figures no ones coming to greet him he'll gather my parcel(s) and head for my door just a few feet away from where he pulls up to.

Once he's about half ways to the door he tosses my parcels in the general direction of the front porch. He's pretty good at it, most the ones with any weight to them stop right on the porch, the liter weight boxes have a tendency to bounce off the door and end up in front of the carport.
Thanks to those new airbags they pack products with for shipping I've never had more than package damage due to his antics.

About 5 to 10% of the time I get parcels addressed to others but typically within a few block radius so it's not a problem getting them to their rightful homes after he departs.

If you see him coming on the hard road you gotta be careful, he uses the entire two lane road to drive. I rolled up behind him a few times and its plain to see he is sorting mail as he drives...from the wrong side of his car, steering's on the left, he sits on the right so he can access the mailboxes.

The other day I'm driving along and I see him parked in the road.
He had a flat and didn't bother to pull off the road, he just changed it right there on the pavement. Had the other lane half blocked with his spare tire laying there, I rolled up my window and edged by.

But I get my mail, 11am sharp every day, so I'm not complaining.

A nearby neighbor and I laugh our azzes off trading stories about the guy.
The neighbor is a 28 year retired UPS driver, both his legs and one arm are scared from dog attacks he suffered in his 28 years of toting boxes to people's doors.
Always had his arms full of boxes and couldn't get to the mace quick enough.

Says he knew his route pretty well and it was always a newly acquired dog he wasn't aware would be there.

Living in rural redneck Florida it almost a status to own the most badazzed Pitbull or Rottweiler one can find to protect their schitbox mobile homes.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
641 members (257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 257Bob, 12344mag, 280shooter, 1234, 69 invisible), 2,953 guests, and 1,319 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,669
Posts18,399,403
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.