2012-2020 Audi 4 cyl turbo, mild tune.

GB1

Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hillestadj
Originally Posted by Ringman
My wife read something the other day about a battery about half the size of a regular car battery that can run an electric car for a thousand miles and can be charged in about a minute. She also said it would not burn.

If that technology becomes available in the next few months I may go that route. I will start on the interior and then the body and suspension. If it is not available when I am ready for the power, I will go with a gas engine that will accomplish the performance goal.

Your wife is full of shi.t

Do you have some inside info showing what she read is not coming down the pike?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Before any of you start bad mouthing the newer battery technology you should google “Nano Battery”
It’s coming but might take 10-20 years. It will revolutionize the entire world when it does. It is basically a miniature nuclear reactor that can last for thousands of years without being refueled.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Supposedly, European diesel cars get way better mileage than the American cars do. Mercedes, BMW, Audi all make diesel cars for over seas, get great mileage, but cannot be brought into this country. Back in the 80's, the VW rabbit could get 40-50MPG. Granted you wouldn't want to be in a hurry, but they ran farther than a POS Prius. It can be done.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
i've been reading about the miracle battery that will make electrical cars practical for over 50 years now. the mileage cars and trucks get is miraculous. if you got in a way back machine and told someone how cars drive, you'd get laughed out of the bar, after they took your keys away.

If you're not having fun; you're not doing it right!
IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
Before any of you start bad mouthing the newer battery technology you should google “Nano Battery”
It’s coming but might take 10-20 years. It will revolutionize the entire world when it does. It is basically a miniature nuclear reactor that can last for thousands of years without being refueled.

In my opinion, anything with the word nuclear associated with it is doomed with the green crowd regardless of safety or reliability. More likely see it for off grid housing before automotive uses.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My wife read something the other day about a battery about half the size of a regular car battery that can run an electric car for a thousand miles and can be charged in about a minute. She also said it would not burn.

If that technology becomes available in the next few months I may go that route. I will start on the interior and then the body and suspension. If it is not available when I am ready for the power, I will go with a gas engine that will accomplish the performance goal.

Do you have some inside info showing what she read is not coming down the pike?

My wife read it in an unspecified source

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
why would you invent a nuclear battery?

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Properly tuned twin turbo diesel can get both.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
you can get a fast turbo diesel, but the difference between 14 sec and 13 sec 1/4 time is huge. you also have the weight thing. diesel = heavy.

i have a car that gets good mileage and is fast. just not 30mpg all round and 13 sec 1/4.

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

always a CL ass act Hillestad, A L W A Y S.!

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Saw a youtube video not long ago..

Dodge Cummins, brought up to about 1,000 HP and put into the engine bay of a 1970 Monte Carlo

some guy in North Carolina....

wonder what kind of mileage that would get...

I could see with that HP and Torque off the charts, it could probably make that 13 second Quarter Mile...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by stxhunter

Yeah...but how do you tell if they are on fire?

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Seafire

Long time no see Shefire, toggle button got the best of you again apparently.
Trust Oregon is treating you well. Saved any damsels from skeevy hippy stoners or confirmed meth addicts lately? We need to catch up.

Ringman - I apologize for being less than tactful yesterday when I insinuated you and/or your wife were retarded and/or full of shi.t . In the future I will be a bigger person and indulge your fantasies.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 16bore
Electric.

How much gas does it take to charge the batteries?

Naturally aspirated things I know that exceed 30 mpg...
Motorcycles, and old diesel rabbits...

Throw out the thirty criteria and look up the modernised/customized Javlin.
I think they tweaked the wheelbase..

Last edited by OldmanoftheSea; 04/18/21.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Get 2 cars. A custom AMC is not suited as a daily driver. I have a friend with one, worth a lot to the old hot rod guys, but parts, even glass is not made now. Leave it parked out and some midnight auto supply will find it.

Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Seafire

Long time no see Shefire, toggle button got the best of you again apparently.
Trust Oregon is treating you well. Saved any damsels from skeevy hippy stoners or confirmed meth addicts lately? We need to catch up.

Ringman - I apologize for being less than tactful yesterday when I insinuated you and/or your wife were retarded and/or full of shi.t . In the future I will be a bigger person and indulge your fantasies.

Thank you for trying to be polite. You still didn't give any documentation to refute her "discovery".

Everyday Hunter
Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kennyd
Get 2 cars. A custom AMC is not suited as a daily driver. I have a friend with one, worth a lot to the old hot rod guys, but parts, even glass is not made now. Leave it parked out and some midnight auto supply will find it.

I had that happen with a magazine quality pickup. Lifted, huge tires, hand painted pinstriping. I took it to the muffler shop where the owner was a friend of mine. I was going to pick it up Friday evening. He parked it out on the street to attract attention to his shop. When I arrived it was gone so I figured he was going to use it for the week end. When he went out to get it he thought I picked it up and would pay him on Monday. Needless to say I was heart broken.

Everyday Hunter
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (1234, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 160user, 51 invisible), 1,994 guests, and 1,044 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,186
Posts18,465,749
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.