Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 21 of 24 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 24
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Ponder these twists in the incident, the officer does use the taser on the suspect and some reason he goes into cardiac arrest and dies. We would still have a huge media out cry and the police officer would be accused of what? Or the taser does work effectively and the suspect drives away in the car and while fleeing, he hits and kills innocent people in another vehicle. The out cry would be why did the police not stop the suspect! Now and for the near future few will be satisfied with our work product. I remember when we used to be the good guys doing a difficult job. That time is gone.

GB1

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Well, how many bicyclists and pedestrians should we let him kill before we send him to jail? In Your opinion.

If someone is authentically having repeated accidents, and causing injury each time, it would likely be time to take away his license, because he's likely got a neurological issue. But if there's no malice or recklessness that's behind it, there's no criminal fault, just civil liability.

You are far removed from reality, there is most certainly criminal liability as has already been shown with actual cases in this thread

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by cs2blue
Ponder these twists in the incident, the officer does use the taser on the suspect and some reason he goes into cardiac arrest and dies. We would still have a huge media out cry and the police officer would be accused of what? Or the taser does work effectively and the suspect drives away in the car and while fleeing, he hits and kills innocent people in another vehicle. The out cry would be why did the police not stop the suspect! Now and for the near future few will be satisfied with our work product. I remember when we used to be the good guys doing a difficult job. That time is gone.

There was also a time when LEO shot fleeing suspects without criminal liability

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by cs2blue

I already stated that I thought she should have made the conscious decision and shot the bastard to keep him off the street.

But she was not capable of that thought process either.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Well, how many bicyclists and pedestrians should we let him kill before we send him to jail? In Your opinion.

If someone is authentically having repeated accidents, and causing injury each time, it would likely be time to take away his license, because he's likely got a neurological issue. But if there's no malice or recklessness that's behind it, there's no criminal fault, just civil liability.

I was not aware that North Florida was "Bizarroworld". Because that sure as hell is not the way it works in the real world. Not even in the free state of Idaho. Nor has it worked that way in the last sixty years.

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

I was not aware that North Florida was "Bizarroworld". Because that sure as hell is not the way it works in the real world. Not even in the free state of Idaho. Nor has it worked that way in the last sixty years.

Criminality is always presumed to be the cause of vehicular deaths in Idaho?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
This thread is so fugking funny.

This Thread?

laffin,,,,:)

Hows about a huge % of the hunterscampfire.

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I

Absent exigent circumstances, such as a road suddenly turning ice, or a perfectly good tire blowing out in a corner.

Yes, pretty much. Even in single car roll overs. If you kill a passenger, you are pretty much toast. Even if it is your own kid, perhaps especially if it is your own kid.

They do not always push felony charges in these cases however. The two specifics I quoted, one was misdemeanor, the other a citation.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Minnesota Involuntary Manslaughter Law
By FindLaw Staff | Reviewed by Maddy Teka, Esq. | Last updated April 14, 2021

Involuntary manslaughter is causing a person’s death by your own reckless or grossly negligent actions. In this type of manslaughter, it’s the disregard for the safety of others or risk of death that makes the actions criminal, rather than any intent to harm the victim. Minnesota also views these accidental deaths as criminal, but doesn't penalize the crime as severely as an intentional killing.

Minnesota Second Degree Manslaughter
Involuntary manslaughter in Minnesota is called manslaughter in the second degree (or second degree manslaughter). This charge covers situations where a person's negligence created an unreasonable risk or where a person consciously took a chance resulting in the death of a person. If convicted, you can face up to 10 years in prison and not more than a $20,000 fine.

Vehicular Homicide
In addition, there are two types of criminal vehicular homicide, one for humans and another for unborn fetuses.

All of these charges are below the intentional homicide crimes of first-degree murder, second-degree murder, third-degree murder, and voluntary manslaughter. Vehicular homicide is prohibited to address negligent driving, such as drunk driving or texting and driving.

Depraved Heart Murder vs. Criminally Negligent Manslaughter
Depraved heart murder is a part of the Minnesota murder in the third degree statute. This is causing an act so eminently dangerous to others that you would not have done it without having a completely depraved heart or mind. An example of this crime is walking into the middle of a crowd and shooting a gun in any direction. In other words, not actually intending to kill a specific person, but doing so just to see what would happened. This isn’t socially acceptable because we all know it’s extremely likely to cause harm.

In comparison, the type of criminal negligence that arises in second degree manslaughter in Minnesota are actions that are likely to cause harm to others, but there’s no eminence to the risk, necessarily. For example, rock climbing at night without ropes is dangerous. If you add throwing rocks at your friend while on the cliff as a not-so-funny practical joke, and that causes him to fall off and die, you may be charged manslaughter in the second degree. Even if you didn’t intend to kill your friend, your actions were unreasonably risky. Additionally, playing chicken with a car that causes the other driver to be run off the road, hit a telephone pole, and die could be criminal vehicular homicide or involuntary manslaughter.

The following table outlines Minnesota’s involuntary manslaughter laws.

Code Sections

Minnesota Statutes Sections 609.205 – Manslaughter in the Second Degree, 609.2112 – Criminal Vehicular Homicide, and 609.2114 – Criminal Vehicular Operation: Unborn Child

What is Prohibited?

Minnesota law provides for several forms of accidental death killing that are still criminal

Manslaughter in the Second Degree is causing the death of another through any of the following means:
Negligence that created an unreasonable risk and consciously chances causing death or great bodily harm to another
Shooting another with a firearm or dangerous weapon because you negligently believed the person to be a deer or animal (hunting accidents)
Setting traps such as spring guns, pit falls, snares, etc.
Permitting any animal you know has vicious propensities or has caused physical harm in the past, to run uncontrolled off your home or land or failing to keep it properly confined (the privately owned tiger problem)
Neglecting or endangering a child, but not committing murder in the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd degree
Criminal Vehicular Homicide is causing a death (including of an unborn child) that isn’t murder or manslaughter from operating a motor vehicle in any of the following ways:
Grossly negligently
Negligently while under the influence of alcohol or drugs (includes Schedule I or II controlled substances, besides marijuana)
While having a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) of 0.08 or more
Negligently while knowingly under the influence of a hazardous substance (such as a chemical or gas that can cause death or serious physical harm)
When the driver causing the collision leaves the scene, despite the law requiring a driver to stop if anyone is injured or dead
When a driver is informed by a police officer that the car is defectively maintained, doesn’t fix the problem, and the death is caused by the defective maintenance (i.e. other car couldn’t see your car as you had no working headlights)
Penalty
Both manslaughter in the second degree and criminal vehicular homicide (either a person or unborn child killed) can be punished by no more than 10 years in prison and not more than a $20,000 fine.

For comparison, murder in the third degree can be sentenced to up to 25 years in prison.

Defenses
It’s a defense to manslaughter in the second degree that the victim provoked the dangerous animal, causing the victim’s death. An example of this would be if the tiger in the San Francisco Zoo who killed a 17 year old in 2007 after being teased and taunted by the four young men, had been privately owned. The defendant must prove it was the victim’s fault by a preponderance of the evidence

https://statelaws.findlaw.com/minnesota-law/minnesota-involuntary-manslaughter-law.html

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Did Paul and TRH learn something yet?

Or are they still just spinning in circles and telling everybody else that they're wrong?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Or are they still just spinning in circles and telling everybody else that they're wrong?

Just a matter of different opinions, Deflave. I hope you understood that I was joking when I said stuff like "How else are you going to learn." That was meant to be funny. In the end, we will all have to wait and see what sorts of arguments ultimately get made on either side.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Just a matter of different opinions, Deflave. I hope you understood that I was joking when I said stuff like "How else are you going to learn." That was meant to be funny. In the end, we will all have to wait and see what sorts of arguments ultimately get made on either side.

I know. I took no offense.

Love always,
Flave

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Love always,
Flave

Lol

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Does anyone think there will be no criminal charges in this one. It was, after all, just an accident.

All he did, was to cross the median and hit another semi headon.

[Linked Image from bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com]

CALDWELL — An Oregon man was killed Friday in a crash on Interstate 84 in Caldwell.

Clifford Dow, 34, of White City, Oregon, died of his injuries at the scene, according to Idaho State Police.

The crash, which involved two semi trucks, occurred at about 11:40 a.m. on westbound I-84 near Franklin Road at milepost 29. Traffic was blocked into the late afternoon, and at 3:45 p.m. Idaho State Police advised motorists to find an alternate route for the evening.

Jesus Gastelum Corrales, 24, of Glenns Ferry was transported by ground ambulance to Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Center, state police said.

Corrales, who was traveling eastbound in a 2006 Peterbilt tractor-trailer, lost control of the vehicle and went over the median, where his truck collided with another tractor-trailer driven by Dow, according to police.

Investigating troopers are asking anyone who witnessed this crash, and who has not already spoken with a trooper, to call Idaho State Police dispatch at 208-846-7500.
The search for witnesses includes anyone who may have followed the eastbound tractor-trailer prior to the crash.

“An Oregon man lost his life in the collision, and Troopers are doing all they can to answer how it happened,” according to police.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Likely some recklessness going on there.

As a relevant hypothetical, though, let's consider the following scenario. Lets say, while he was stopped in traffic, a hijacker gained entry to his cab and started fighting with him for control over the truck. During the conflict, the truck driver accidentally caused the truck to lurch forward (let's say that, during the exigency of the moment, he confused the accelerator with the break), killing a pedestrian. Where does the criminal blame fall? The driver or the hijacker?

Let's add that the truck driver has 15 years experience, and even teaches defensive driving to new truck drivers.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
After reading this. The female cop should receive the same treatment as the DC or Capital cop who killed the young unarmed veteran. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Originally Posted by MadTrapper375
Every one of the founding fathers was a "felon". Just putting that out there.

A bottomless pit of wisdom you are. ..

How many times over are you a felon?

Jackson "20 dollar" Handy must have come up for air to post from the shrimpin' party he and cs2blue are at.

I spend all my money on loose women and trapping supplies.....The rest I just waste.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945
After reading this. The female cop should receive the same treatment as the DC or Capital cop who killed the young unarmed veteran. Hasbeen

Oh no.

That shoot was like, totally legit.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
I don’t know the ins and out is the Minnesota law on this one, so I have no opinion on what what she should be charged with, if anything. It was obviously a mistake brought on by stress and possibly lack of or poor training. It does strike me, however that they should endeavor to make utilizing a taser a completely different skill set than using a firearm so that there is practically zero chance of this happening. By that, I mean redesign the taser so that the grip in no way resembles that of a a pistol and there is zero chance one mistakes one for the other. Maybe, shape a taser more like the old mag lights everyone had to carry and instead of pointing it like a pistol, you point it like a flashlight.

Last edited by JoeBob; 04/18/21.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I think not carrying one solves all kinds of problems.

Page 21 of 24 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 24

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

599 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 1234, 75 invisible), 2,551 guests, and 1,274 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,667
Posts18,455,870
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.