Print Thread
Hop To
P
pullit Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
I have a buddy that is looking for a Stainless steel current production Colt 1911 in 38 Super. I told him I would see what I could find. Everywhere I have looked they are out of stock. Went to GB and they are about $400 higher than any dealer that was out of stock.
This is a great place to find help so I am asking, if anybody knows of a dealer that has one in stock, please let me know.
Most places showed a price of just under $1000 but nobody had them.

Thanks

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Finding specific guns right now is a be-otch. I have had the itch for a cap & ball revolver and I can't even find those (or at least not the one's I'm lookin for). Like really... who is hoarding the cap & ball revolvers?

O
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
O
If he finds one, he’ll probably like it. Recently found one at my LGS that I needed to have. Couple minor issues that a little work fixed and it’s now a decent shooter, but I’m still getting to know it. The mag release needed polishing to seat the mag smoothly, and I’ll do some trigger work. It seems to like the Berrys 124 gr RN over AA#9 in starline brass. Shoots to point of aim at 25 yards with the fixed sights.

Old70

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have a 2011 Colt that has been an amazing pistol; I would buy another on in a New York Minute!!

The finish is getting a bit rough on mine, but I love it. At some point I will refinish it in bright nickel, but for now I'll keep abusing the original finish.

[Linked Image]

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by GunGeek
Finding specific guns right now is a be-otch. I have had the itch for a cap & ball revolver and I can't even find those (or at least not the one's I'm lookin for). Like really... who is hoarding the cap & ball revolvers?

Convicted felons? grin

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by pullit
I have a buddy that is looking for a Stainless steel current production Colt 1911 in 38 Super. I told him I would see what I could find. Everywhere I have looked they are out of stock. Went to GB and they are about $400 higher than any dealer that was out of stock.
This is a great place to find help so I am asking, if anybody knows of a dealer that has one in stock, please let me know.
Most places showed a price of just under $1000 but nobody had them.

Thanks
$1000 is not a bad price. I would tell him to just get on a waiting list. If he finds one in person, he can just tell them and I doubt they'll be pissed right now, since it's very easy to get rid of any gun.

P
pullit Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
thanks, was hoping someone knew of one somewhere.
He will just have to wait

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Do Colt .38 Supers still have unsupported chambers?

Imagine a corporate oligarchy so effective, so advanced and fine tuned that its citizens still call it a democracy.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by Borchardt

I didn't know that they did. I've read that the old ones headspaced on the rim while the new ones headspace on the mouth, which makes them more accurate. Someone correct me if I'm wrong...my wife does it!

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

If you're asking about ramped barrels, no, Colt still isn't supplying ramped barrels for their .38 Supers. That said, they are at the very least better supported than, say, a Glock barrel, though the newer Glocks are said to be fairly good at support. I don't think I'd buy another Super, or 10mm for that matter, if it wasn't ramped. I had a Colt '70 Series Super for many years, and never had an issue unless I picked up some range brass, but I was pretty gentle with my loads, too. Same with my old Delta Elite, never had an issue, but I can see where it could happen.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

There is no lack of support to the chamber unless you're over-loading the cartridge...by a good margin. Keep in mind the proof loads for .38 Super is around 45,000kpsi...If you're loading cartridges beyond that, you should be looking at a different cartridge.

As for regular reloading... Colt's standard barrel has proven you can reload the hell out of .38 Super and really never run into any issues unless you do something foolish.

F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
My super 38 Colt is an outstanding pistol. 150 grain cast Elco design, AA7 and starline plus p brass makes for a ten shot 357 magnum. Very accurate field pistol

P
pullit Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
My buddy just called me a few minutes ago and he bought a Gold Cup version off GB. I did not ask him what he paid.....

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Hell, it's just money. They'll keep printing more. Glad he got one for himself.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I've been looking for another one for a year or more. I am patient, though, one will come along sooner or later. A buddy found one awhile back, and he jumped all over it. It shoots great (though not as good as my old one did). No matter, one will come along. The RIA I looked at somehow "felt funny", the tang wasn't shaped exactly like a Colt, and it wasn't comfortable. I guess I'll wait for another Colt.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

107 members (10Glocks, 300jimmy, 41rem, 300_savage, 11 invisible), 1,346 guests, and 825 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,175
Posts18,465,446
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.