Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 23 of 24 1 2 21 22 23 24
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
I quit being an fto because A. The FTO's (lazy worthless sacks of garbage that shouldn't even be a cop let alone teaching a new one) B. The tard new hires.

The process is bullsheit and the liability isn't worth it (plus it's a lot a f ucking work to do it correctly)

They should not exist. I don't care what anybody says. They should not exist.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
BP-B2

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M

Get Robert to ride with you instead of Royce.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by deflave

Bingo.

Arm bars and leg sweeps can sometimes compel some folks that the cuffs are the easy route. Sometimes knees are needed for further encouragement.

But tasers are worthless 90% of the time.

Techniques aside, how many situations do we see go bad simply because one of the officers doesn't have the strength to grab onto a grown man's arm and hang on to the grown man's arm?

All these departments and agencies sending their Less Lethal guys to Gracie schools and schit. I don't need an MMA champion with me. I need somebody strong enough to bear hug a grown man's ankles and keep him immobile for a few (long) seconds.

Yep. When you have to hand out those damn grip strength trainers ( looks like a walnut cracker with a spring) so the chick new hire has the strength to pull her new pistols slide back to catch the slide lock (true situation btw), how in the holy f uck do you think she'll be able to cuff a grown man that says "no"?

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 04/18/21.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Yep. When you have to hand out those damn grip strength trainers ( looks like a walnut cracker with a spring) so the chick new hire has the strength to pull her new pistols slide back to catch the slide lock (true situation btw), how in the holy f uck do you think she'll be able to cuff a grown man that says "no"?

A recipe for success if there ever was one.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by mathman

Get Robert to ride with you instead of Royce.

Two extremes but one has far more practicality than the other.

IC B2

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I get you. Robert may have some trouble getting out of the cruiser quickly. He's 6' 7" and 400 pounds.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I get you. Robert may have some trouble getting out of the cruiser quickly. He's 6' 7" and 400 pounds.

I like that guy.

Rogan did a podcast with him. He's pretty funny.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
A buddy of mine's younger son, one of my "nephews", is 16 and about 160 pounds. He wrestles and does some weight lifting. He's not real big in the overall scheme of things, but he's not easy to move around if he doesn't want to be moved. I can't imagine very many female officers that could legitimately handle a belligerent 200+ pound version of the same.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M

I like that guy.

Rogan did a podcast with him. He's pretty funny.

Robert is a great character. He looks like he knows how to have a good time with anyone.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
A buddy of mine's younger son, one of my "nephews", is 16 and about 160 pounds. He wrestles and does some weight lifting. He's not real big in the overall scheme of things, but he's not easy to move around if he doesn't want to be moved. I can't imagine very many female officers that could legitimately handle a belligerent 200+ pound version of the same.

...or your nephew.

IC B3

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
I quit being an fto because A. The FTO's (lazy worthless sacks of garbage that shouldn't even be a cop let alone teaching a new one) B. The tard new hires.

The process is bullsheit and the liability isn't worth it (plus it's a lot a f ucking work to do it correctly)

They should not exist. I don't care what anybody says. They should not exist.

If, as a Chief, you don’t trust all your coppers to train a new hire.........you’ve had schitty hiring practices in the past.

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

My son is 19 years old.

6' 3" and weighs 190lbs.

Squats 315, benches 235, and deadlifts 425.

I have to be nice to him now.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine

...or your nephew.

True story.

Can apply to a lot of male officers too though. To be fair.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Bingo.

Arm bars and leg sweeps can sometimes compel some folks that the cuffs are the easy route. Sometimes knees are needed for further encouragement.

But tasers are worthless 90% of the time.

Techniques aside, how many situations do we see go bad simply because one of the officers doesn't have the strength to grab onto a grown man's arm and hang on to the grown man's arm?

All these departments and agencies sending their Less Lethal guys to Gracie schools and schit. I don't need an MMA champion with me. I need somebody strong enough to bear hug a grown man's ankles and keep him immobile for a few (long) seconds.
Yep.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
And it's not just size and gym strength. Having had "confrontational contact" like wrestling makes quite a bit of difference in how one naturally and reflexively handles oneself.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
And it's not just size and gym strength. Having had "confrontational contact" like wrestling makes quite a bit of difference in how one naturally and reflexively handles oneself.

Yep, never fugg with a wrestler.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
When I did a ride along with my nephew, I met a fellow officer who was 6'6" but not the least bit lanky. He looked like Superman scaled up to 6'6". He must have been pushing 300 pounds. My nephew said he didn't like anyone commenting on his size.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Gotta wonder if that lady cop has ever drawn Mr. Glock or Sparky while on the street.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by ironbender
Gotta wonder if that lady cop has ever drawn Mr. Glock or Sparky while on the street.

Or even in practice

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by ironbender

26yrs? Unless she was assigned to a broom closet her entire career and escaped on that single fateful day, I guarantee she had.

Page 23 of 24 1 2 21 22 23 24

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
700 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 11point, 10Glocks, 160user, 117LBS, 87 invisible), 2,733 guests, and 1,302 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,695
Posts18,399,872
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.