Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Looking at the data on gun related deaths in 2021 it would seem we should look to Wyoming for responsible policies that work.

https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/charts-and-maps

love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control

& Proverbs 21:19
BP-B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I'd agree with that, but if those maps are just total numbers of incidents (not per capita) then it's just a reflection of where the most people live.

You'd no doubt get a similar picture for total numbers of injuries by auto accidents but unless you normalize for population, the numbers don't tell you much.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
I was disappointed & surprised by the amount of red in Montana keeping per capita in mind.

love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control

H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Another metrics that would be good data to see is a responsible in depth look at the extent that drugs including alcohol plays a role in these sensless shootings. if 95% of these incidents are largely influenced in one way or another by substance abuse, that would be good information to weigh in on.

H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by smokepole
I'd agree with that, but if those maps are just total numbers of incidents (not per capita) then it's just a reflection of where the most people live.

You'd no doubt get a similar picture for total numbers of injuries by auto accidents but unless you normalize for population, the numbers don't tell you much.

Did a lot deeper looking & Wyoming is good or at least better than initial per capita view, up until you include suicide. When you include suicide Wyoming sucks. While suicide is senseless, if an individual is looking at caring out a mass murder or suicide, given only those two individual choices suppose we will take the lesser of the evils every time.

https://cdn.americanprogress.org/content/uploads/2019/11/18062001/WyomingGunViolence-Factsheet.pdf

Last edited by Hunterapp; 04/18/21.

IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
you can't really compare sparsely populated states with denser ones. pack more people together and schit goes sideways. rats in a cage come to mind.

My diploma is a DD214
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by rem141r
you can't really compare sparsely populated states with denser ones. pack more people together and schit goes sideways. rats in a cage come to mind.

There was a study I read in college (I’ll try to find) using rats and population studies. They started off with a small population with adequate space/food/etc. And observed normal behavior. They kept increasing population density until it was comparable to a city. Behavior patterns followed that of humans in cities. It was an interesting read.

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
A very one dimensional presentation of the data that doesn't really tell us very much.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
This is an article of the guy and his study. Not the actual work

https://borgenproject.org/theory-behavioral-sink/

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Ok, Now I want to see a study where the overcrowded mice or rats are dealing with significant portion of the populous are dealing with substance abuse and the perception the cops are keeping them from feeding their addiction.

Last edited by Hunterapp; 04/18/21.

IC B3

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by JeffP
This is an article of the guy and his study. Not the actual work

https://borgenproject.org/theory-behavioral-sink/

That article is not an accurate representation of the actual Mouse Utopia experiments. The reality is much darker, because the mice never actually reached a state of over crowding. They have plenty of resources but after several generations with no external struggles, because everything was provided for them, everything went to pieces. The real problem was not over crowding, but a lack of purpose:

Now apply this theory to a world of Universal Basic Income and imagine how it ends.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Linking up a liberal gun grabber wet dream site full of propaganda and misinformation may not go over well with most of your audience here.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

There was a study I read in college (I’ll try to find) using rats and population studies. They started off with a small population with adequate space/food/etc. And observed normal behavior. They kept increasing population density until it was comparable to a city. Behavior patterns followed that of humans in cities. It was an interesting read.

Google up "The Rat Syndrome, Scientific American". I read it there back in 1961
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Hunterapp
I was disappointed & surprised by the amount of red in Montana keeping per capita in mind.

Boo fugging hoo.

I am MAGA.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

Oh yeah.....

https://www.sheknows.com/health-and...ist-of-things-that-can-go-in-the-vagina/

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by PJGunner

Google up "The Rat Syndrome, Scientific American". I read it there back in 1961
Paul B.

My wife used to do that with mice in her Kindergarten classes.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ok, Now I want to see a study where the overcrowded mice or rats are dealing with significant portion of the populous are dealing with substance abuse and the perception the cops are keeping them from feeding their addiction.

Don't know about that one, but there was one where the mice refused to get or stay addicted in an environment with low stress and optimal conditions (density, etc.).

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Another metrics that would be good data to see is a responsible in depth look at the extent that drugs including alcohol plays a role in these sensless shootings. if 95% of these incidents are largely influenced in one way or another by substance abuse, that would be good information to weigh in on.

I always want the data represented by racial demographics, then by additional modifiers.

.... like tears in the rain
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

While suicide is senseless, if an individual is looking at caring out a mass murder or suicide, given only those two individual choices suppose we will take the lesser of the evils every time.

No argument from me. In fact, it would be great if all the cowardly mass shooters who off themselves after they shoot up innocent people would just cut to the chase and start at the finish.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
699 members (160user, 117LBS, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 80 invisible), 2,681 guests, and 1,307 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,688
Posts18,399,798
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.