Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JGRaider
The biggest problem I have with Osteen and the others is this "if you have enough faith, abundance and blessing is heading your way. It takes grace right out of the equation. The fact is, bad things happen to Christians and non-Christians alike.....or better yet "it rains on the just and the unjust". You never hear these guys preach that (the Truth).

Or any other truth that makes the congregation squirm.
Those big city mega churches are one thing, but the rural folks have
them too. Just to scale.

Big church, youth this, youth that, youth pastors,
associate pastors, hindereds of members.

What they don't have is a preacher that hammers the word,
And occasionally kicks then in the butt.
They go to church, to go to church.
See and be seen.
There are churches with the solid type of preachers.
For some reason, they have less attendance!

Last edited by Dillonbuck; 04/18/21.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
GB1

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
My church has a Pastor that very much seems to have lost his Faith... and his way.

It is hard to judge a Pastor that is not directly personal known.

I have no opinion on Joel... or Joyce Myers... except to say I enjoy the enthusiasm of their sermons

Last edited by CashisKing; 04/18/21.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
The biggest problem I have with Osteen and the others is this "if you have enough faith, abundance and blessing is heading your way. It takes grace right out of the equation. The fact is, bad things happen to Christians and non-Christians alike.....or better yet "it rains on the just and the unjust". You never hear these guys preach that (the Truth).

can't make lots of coin preaching the truth. He's no different that Bernie Madoff. In fact he and his addicted to plastic surgery and private jets wife are worse and if there is a Hell he and all of his minions will rot there.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by antlers
I don’t see a problem with him, or anybody else having a lotta money. Good for them, and more money to em’. The problem, according to Jesus, isn’t them having the money; the problem is the money having them. A dude on here recently said Christians were supposed to sell everything they had and give the money to the poor. He said it more than once. Jesus ‘did’ say that to the rich young ruler, ‘because’ money was his god, he loved his money more than he loved God. That’s why he was so sad when Jesus told him that. It was clear what was truly important to the rich young ruler. It was money, first and foremost, even over God.

Him having money is not the problem. The problem is him bullshitting people into believing that they will be saved by giving it to him.

Pure grifter.

Jesus told me to get a jet to spread the word!!
Yeah, buddy! Maybe you’ll spread your brains on the ceiling.

PTL!!!
Amen!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
He graduated from Humble High School, a public high school in the city of Humble, Texas, in 1981,[6] and attended Oral Roberts University in Tulsa, Oklahoma, where he studied radio and television communications, but did not graduate; he did not receive a degree from a divinity school.[7][8] In 1982, he returned to Houston, founded Lakewood's television program, and produced his father's televised sermons for 17 years until January 1999, when his father died unexpectedly from a heart attack.[7][9]

He knows the jesus.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B2

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Seen a few of em
There'll be a whore or a twinkie come along
with some photos or videos and he'll have to
start up a new gig like swaggart or lamb or
baker or tilton did
( I'm sure there's many others, I just can't
remember all of them )

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Where do I send the money for my prayer hankie?

Address is fuzzy on my 19 inch..

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
19”??

Braggart

We got 13” black n white in the kitchen.

I’m not buying a color television just to watch neegrows on it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by slumlord
Have you noticed he preaches with his eyes closed, every now and then he peeks just to see if anyone is still sitting there listening to his bull shît.
They hold services in the building that used to be the home of the Houston Rockets. They spent about a hundred million dollars renovating the building into their church home. He’s pretty popular down there. They have about 6 services a week and average over 50,000 worshippers a week. I’ve tried to watch the guy, but he just doesn’t do it for me. Same with trying to read one of his books. It just ain’t there, for me.

Too much feel-good-ism brand of Christianity, I don’t see him admonishing or exhorting people in their wicked, earthly ways too much.
Just a bunch of happy jive type BS.

That appeals to channel surfer Christians.

Slum nailed it. We discussed Osteen in our Sunday School class yesterday. He preaches what people want to hear, which in turn means they open up their wallets for him.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
He got any jets like Creflo?

I don't know, but they both worship the same god........The Almighty Greenback Dolla.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
IC B3

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Lets see some nudes of her

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Good job if you can get it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by stevelyn
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
He got any jets like Creflo?

I don't know, but they both worship the same god........The Almighty Greenback Dolla.

#dolladollabillsyo
#🙌🏻

Reminds me of Jimmy Lee Farnsworth ( r Lee ermey) on fletch lives. Back when Chevy chase was funny.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Check out this Copeland interview

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr
He does not preach from scripture. Not a bible based sermon. He is pretty much a prosperity preacher but well hidden.

"Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's. clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SuperCub
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr
He does not preach from scripture. Not a bible based sermon. He is pretty much a prosperity preacher but well hidden.

"Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's. clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves."

More like false "profits".

Prosperity theology is a heretical doctrine.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

You also never hear him preaching about Jesus or the Holy Spirit. I can remember when his old man's church was next door to a tittie bar on Winkler. Think the old man was into saving souls instead of the broad way where Joel's headed.

Last edited by Chisos; 04/19/21.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Something about a camel... and a nighttime gate called the eye of the needle... and rich folks... comes to mind.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by AZmark
Originally Posted by hanco
I worked with his brother in law Kevin Combs. He is a plumber also. He married into the good life, got it made now, cush job at the church.

No Sheitt??

No cshit, we worked for TD Industries, one of the bigger mechanical contractors.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
About 15 years or so ago my wife and daughters and I were on a mini-vacation in Branson about a week before Christmas. We were on the Landing doing some shopping and went into Bass Pro Shops, just looking and hanging out. I turned the corner from one aisle into the next and there were Joel and his wife browsing some items. I had known Joel's older brother, Paul, about 20 years prior to that when we were on the same dorm wing my freshman year at ORU. So I figured what the heck, I'll go ahead and introduce myself to him. I did so and we chatted for a few minutes, small talk about fishing and families and stuff. He was real nice, just a regular guy. Anyway, our conversation ended and we went our ways. About an hour later my family and I went to a BBQ place in Branson for dinner. A few minutes after we got seated, in walks Joel and his wife. As they walked by us towards their seats, he gave me a wave and a smile. So I guess that was my "brush with fame," LOL!

Like some of the previous posters in this thread have mentioned, sometimes I wonder about the message he preaches, how it's sort of soft and feel-good. But also as some have said, he probably reaches people that may not have otherwise heard the gospel and they are ministered to. But I won't judge him as far as the money aspects and stuff as that's not my place, it's God's, and one day in eternity he will have to give account for his actions, as we all will.

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

220 members (257_X_50, 300_savage, 338reddog, 1_deuce, 260Remguy, 10gaugemag, 32 invisible), 2,145 guests, and 1,088 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,485
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.