-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My bank'll take 'em. Your bank does suck.

Black Cows Matter!
GB1

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Around here the bank says you must put your name and account number on the rolled coins you are selling back to the bank. Strange indeed.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MD521
Around here the bank says you must put your name and account number on the rolled coins you are selling back to the bank. Strange indeed.

My bank made me do that,but if I deposit them in my account they don't.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
As Bob Hagel would say"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."Good words of wisdom...............
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
My question is how does one accumulate 5 gallons worth of quarters, keep each one you've come across during your entire life?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by SandBilly
Originally Posted by Certifiable
Don’t know if it’s an attractive option for you but the coin star here takes 10% but if you choose to take your money in Amazon credits you get 100% value

Thanks. That’s a possibility.

You can get 100% value on the gift cards they offer as well.
I just cashed in a couple hundred in coins for my mom, got H.D. & Lowes gift cards that I will keep & use, she gets the cash.
Look on their website to find a machine near you that will give the gift card option because not all their machines have that option.
You can also see the other gift card options as well.
Figure out what gift cards you want & how you want to split it up.
Do this ahead of time because what you put in the machine can not be split up between cards.
If you put in $100.00 you can't split that, it all goes on one gift card.
To do more than one gift card you have to do it in batches.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
It looks like torture. My bank takes them loose.

Good Lord, his estranged children are going to find that guy hanging in the attic, aren't they?

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by SandBilly
I have about 5 gallons of quarters, the banks will not take them unless rolled and Coinstar charges 12%

Any other options?
Many banks have coin counting machines. Find one of those and take your quarters there. You might need to reduce from 5 gallons to a quart though.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
This day and time I think I'd keep coins instead of converting. But thats just me. Any coin is bound to have some value vs the cloth bills eventually.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Walmart paid face va;ue for all my loose chage a few moths ago.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Quarter slots in Vegas baby !!! Daddy needs a new pair of shoes!

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by hunter4623
5 gallons of quarters is $3k. Buy yourself something nice....like a couple cases of 5.56 on gunbroker

Or 10 sheets of plywood.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Pay your property tax with them. Stand there patiently while they count them and then ask for a receipt.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Etherelda noticed that Flouncine had jars and jars of quarters on shelves. She remarked, "You must have had to hoard those for a long time." Flouncine replied, "Naw, not that long. My sister whored half of them."

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Pay your property tax with them. Stand there patiently while they count them and then ask for a receipt.

I know someone who does this, and brings his kids along to see the state taking their money.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
New bank.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Crusader
My question is how does one accumulate 5 gallons worth of quarters, keep each one you've come across during your entire life?

Use cash rather than a debit/credit card. I don't use cash all that often and I've got a 5Qt ice-cream pail full of quarters. I throw a handful in a baggie when I want to use the coin-operated self-service car-wash.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Banks suck, if they want them rolled, they want account number incase your rolls are wrong, they are just going to dump them in the coin machine, so why not take the coins.

Our bank went back and forth, one day we could take them in a jar, next they needed to be rolled, then back to the jar. We changed banks. They are money, legal tender, you should be able to go in with teh bucket, put it on the counter and say "deposit this", just as if it was a stack of bills.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
My friend had a 50 cal ammo can full...took them to town and the guy at the video game arcade treated him well, did the counting and sorting work...just a thought. He did a sample weight estimation, the video guy came awful close to the 450 dollar estimate.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by blindshooter
My credit union has a machine in the lobby, stick card in it then load coins. It gives you a receipt to take to the teller, all your money goes into your account.
I usually dump off around 5-6 hundred bucks a trip.

Mine too. No way I'd deal with Wells Fargo. They are an ongoing criminal enterprise IMHO.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by rost495
This day and time I think I'd keep coins instead of converting. But thats just me. Any coin is bound to have some value vs the cloth bills eventually.

I'm willing to bet the bills will make far better TP than coinage.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

530 members (1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 12savage, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 160user, 60 invisible), 2,915 guests, and 1,187 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,276
Posts18,467,541
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.