Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
E
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
E

Anybody know? The last two boxes I just bought from Grafs&Sons in 260 Rem had small gold stickers on the end flaps. When I removed the sticker, there's a printed circle with text that reads,"Made In USA". Apparently, that's no longer the case. I did a search and can't find country of origin. Anybody know?

My heart's in the mountains, my heart is not here.
My heart's in the mountains, chasing the deer.
BP-B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
My guess would be

Barnes Bullets
© 2020, Barnes Bullets, LLC.

38 Frontage Rd Mona, UT 84645

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
It's made in China!

OK guys, come on. I was just josh'n. God forbid that our ammo production goes over there. RJ

M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
I have no idea where Barnes VOR-TX ammo is produced. I do have a couple of boxes of VOR-TX 6.5 Creedmoor ammunition--which does not say where it was made. The only info on the box says it's copyrighted in 2017 by "Barnes Bullets, LLC. P.O.B. 620, Mona Utah." However, copyright had nothing to do with where it's made. (Interestingly, the small print on the box is both in English and French, perhaps to make it easier to sell in Canada--or at least Quebec. As far as I can ascertain, lead-free bullets are not required there--or in France itself--except perhaps in certain areas.)

Barnes was acquired by Remington in 2009, so we might suspect my ammo was made by Remington--or at the least, Remington supplied the Barnes headstamped brass to be loaded in Utah. But Remington's ammo plant in Lonoke, Arkansas was sold to Vista Outdoors last year--a conglomerate that owns many shooting-product companies, including Alliant Powder, CCI, Speer, Butler Creek, Weaver, etc. The Arkansas ammo plant is now back up and running again, but Barnes Bullets was sold to Sierra Bullets, so is no longer part of Remington.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
I have no idea where Barnes VOR-TX ammo is produced. I do have a couple of boxes of VOR-TX 6.5 Creedmoor ammunition--which does not say where it was made. The only info on the box says it's copyrighted in 2017 by "Barnes Bullets, LLC. P.O.B. 620, Mona Utah." However, copyright had nothing to do with where it's made. (Interestingly, the small print on the box is both in English and French, perhaps to make it easier to sell in Canada--or at least Quebec. As far as I can ascertain, lead-free bullets are not required there--or in France itself--except perhaps in certain areas.)

Barnes was acquired by Remington in 2009, so we might suspect my ammo was made by Remington--or at the least, Remington supplied the Barnes headstamped brass to be loaded in Utah. But Remington's ammo plant in Lonoke, Arkansas was sold to Vista Outdoors last year--a conglomerate that owns many shooting-product companies, including Alliant Powder, CCI, Speer, Butler Creek, Weaver, etc. The Arkansas ammo plant is now back up and running again, but Barnes Bullets was sold to Sierra Bullets, so is no longer part of Remington.

Kinda reminds me of a shell game, trying to remember what shell the pea is under....

I don't guess it matters as long as it's made somewhere and it's good stuff.

DF

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
So is Barnes ammo still in production?

Is it going to be made by Remington or Sierra in the future?

Perhaps Mule Deer can find out for us.

E
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer

Kinda reminds me of a shell game, trying to remember what shell the pea is under....

DF

It matters to me.

1) It used to be made in America, by Americans. Are these people now out of a job?

2) Apparently, now it's imported from somewhere. Hence, the covering of the Made In America printing on the end flap. But where? I like to know what country is receiving the money I spend, and whether or not I want to continue purchasing that product, no matter how well it performs or how well I like it.

3) There's a good possibility, and I'm not saying it is, that it may be made in China. If that was the case and other ammo manufacturers decided to follow suit, ponder that for just a moment. How would you like those Cokksukkers controlling the faucet?

Last edited by eaglemountainman; 04/19/21.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Let's hope not Chicom. And, I would doubt it's made there.

Probably Europe if not USA.

Or South Korea, or Mexico, or......

DF

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I sent a request via E-mail to their customer service department asking them where.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by Bugger
I sent a request via E-mail to their customer service department asking them where.

Amazing how easy that was instead of instantly making a tin-foil hat because some stickers covered up the country of manufacture.

He went over yonder way
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Or maybe too many of the components are sourced outside of USA to legally be termed Made in USA. That's why Leupolds are no longer Made in America.

P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
Or maybe too many of the components are sourced outside of USA to legally be termed Made in USA. That's why Leupolds are no longer Made in America.

Which Leupold is no longer made in USA? Or, more accurately, designed, machined, and assembled in the USA?

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by Heeler
Originally Posted by Bugger

Amazing how easy that was instead of instantly making a tin-foil hat because some stickers covered up the country of manufacture.

What fun is that? Some people here can't live without their daily conspiracy theory.

E
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
E
Get a hold of yourself. No conspiracy theory implied. I merely asked if anyone knew where they are manufactured. If you don't have the answer or if the question triggered you in some way, I can't help that. Just scroll on by if the post displeases you.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I know the bullets are made in Mona, Utah but not sure about the loaded ammo,
A member of this forum GSSP works there mabey he will chime in

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by eaglemountainman

Anybody know? The last two boxes I just bought from Grafs&Sons in 260 Rem had small gold stickers on the end flaps. When I removed the sticker, there's a printed circle with text that reads,"Made In USA". Apparently, that's no longer the case. I did a search and can't find country of origin. Anybody know?

Reach out to user GSSP. He's employed by Barnes in Utah.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by eaglemountainman
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer

DF

It matters to me.

1) It used to be made in America, by Americans. Are these people now out of a job?

2) Apparently, now it's imported from somewhere. Hence, the covering of the Made In America printing on the end flap. But where? I like to know what country is receiving the money I spend, and whether or not I want to continue purchasing that product, no matter how well it performs or how well I like it.

3) There's a good possibility, and I'm not saying it is, that it may be made in China. If that was the case and other ammo manufacturers decided to follow suit, ponder that for just a moment. How would you like those Cokksukkers controlling the faucet?

You're really jumping to conclusions based on a sticker on a box.

Contact Barnes or Remington.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by prm
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT

Which Leupold is no longer made in USA? Or, more accurately, designed, machined, and assembled in the USA?

Leupold scopes are made in America. There was a Redfield model of scope that was not made in America.

Binoculars, rangefinders and spotting scopes are not made in America, except maybe the Gold Ring spotting scope.

M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Originally Posted by AB2506
Contact Barnes or Remington.

Why would he contact Remington? I plainly stated in my earlier post on this thread that Remington has nothing to do with Barnes--because Remington, as an entire entity, declared bankruptcy in 2019, and the various parts of what used to be Remington were sold at auction in 2020.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Anything sold in Canada anywhere need bilingual labeling.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
676 members (17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 10ring1, 12308300, 76 invisible), 2,725 guests, and 1,296 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,644
Posts18,399,029
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.